Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statistics don't lie, Beta HAS been a disappointment, let your voice heard, speak up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle101
    replied
    Re: Statistics don't lie, Beta HAS been a disappointment, let your voice heard, speak

dude with all due respect go back to the EA UK forums and troll over there. Honestly i love this place and hat e to see people like you spread negativity around a game the i believe we all feel close to.

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied
    Re: Statistics don't lie, Beta HAS been a disappointment, let your voice heard, speak

Btw, it's the same 5 people licking each other's balls in th eUK forums and pissing all over anybody who doesn't agree with them.

You will find that we kind of respect each other's opinions here even if we strongly disagree with each other sometimes.

Oh and beware the Redfield's war harbingers of text.

May or not be of interest to you: DICE is going to win a lot with this game. projected around evelen million copies sold in the first two years of this game's shelf life. Being very generous to the BF2 hardcore guys, they MIGHT number in the million or two. And their only argument is NO BUY.

If I were a developer and I am getting ransomed with threats of not buying, I would stop inmediatly trying to please those guys, i mean, they are NOT buying, I would instead concentrate on the guys who are buying but have doubts, and on the guys who are buying no matter what. This is the flaw in th elogic of the hardcore guys; they think their threat of not buying and badmouthing the design of the game is actually helping them get DICE's attention.

Think about this for a minute or two. does that make sense to you? Imagine yourself offering a product, and the redesigning it a bit, only for a minimal percentage of your total costumer base calling you names and making threats of not buying or else. Would you take them seriously? Would you feel ok with yourself if you compromised your original design just to repeat an older one so as to not lose what ammounts to minimal sales?
    Or would you stick to your guns, no regrets, to see your vision and goals fulfilled?

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

Rambo, stop making dummy accounts, you know we love you; you don't have to hide behind a false name.

Leave a comment:

• DerStig
    replied

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    My comments BOLDED. Welcome back. Im glad you decided not to leave. Maybe reading through our forums you will pick up some news and meet a few nice folks and we can all share ideas.

Crunch
    Oh yes I am hanging around and sure I'll make friends with people.

I was about to write a long response but then found this: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ck-bottom.html

I couldn't have said it better myself, he was right on. Take a look at how many pages that thread has, how many likes that one post got (140 in 24 hrs!) and just briefly eyeball the main bf3 forum for many other ones, HUNDREDS of them. This isn't a few whiny people, this is hundreds of people saying the same thing.

I am not sure what happened here, I was a hardcore member of totalbf2 when it was owned by gamewizard back in 2004-2006 where this site was getting 10x traffic of ea uk forums and everyone was pretty vocal about their opinions. Even the staff of the site, in multiple occasions, confronted DICE in front page news and interviews. Now it looks like this site became their PR backyard. I dont see a single challenging thread or complain, seems like the crowd died and there is not much going on.

Anyways, my point was, this isn't like what you claim it is, it is more than that.

For the record, why is the game called BF3 again? Its common sense when you start assigning numbers to a product like a game or a movie, it becomes a sequel. For a completely different game, don't you think a new name, more like Bad Company 3, would have been more appropriate? How would you feel like if they made terminator 6 and you go to the movie theather after waiting for 6 years and it turns out its about romance and pop music because that has a broader audience?

This one DICE is going to lose....

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Originally posted by DerStig
    Wow, so according to your buddy Demize99, the base rape protection can NOT be disabled? Not even on the server side? This is a new level of low for DICE and Battlefield 3. This gets better and better everyday.

It is? So its low that he wants people to not get raped in the spawn area? A lot of people were asking for that in the Beta and such. Sounds like DICE is listening.

I was just checking game-monitor, BC2 right now has 5000 players (its around 8:45 pm EST right now, pretty busy hour) where BF2, a 6 year old game, has 4000. Doesn't that tell you something?

Yeah, people of both game modes are ready for BF3! I know I am. It also tells me that a game DICE made for console is more popular today then the one they made PC only.

Oh and where are the mod tools for BF3? Or map tools? What's going to happen to project reality or the modding community? I guess they are forgotten? I remember the days DICE were asking for tips from project reality for weapon design and skinning. How ironic.

Theyre not forgotten, WAY back in June they said no and then said, well, its not off the table. So I dont see anything ironic about that.

I have never said BF3 is a bad game or DICE is a bad company. I have simply said BF3 is not sequel to BF2, period. They did what Apple did with iPhone 5, couldn't manage people's expectations. They kept saying true sequel to BF2 for years, they mentioned PC gaming and the comeback of the series several times, and then what happened? Trash Company 3, ahem, Bad Company 3 happened. Bunch of explosions, good sound effects, graphics, and there you have a fancy call of duty.

Thats your opinion and thats all fine and good. Where did DICE say it was going to be an exact sequal of BF2? Please provide a link. The only thing I could find is where they say it is a sequal in the sense of a true Battlefield game. I dont recall them ever saying it was going to be exactly like BF2. Also, for someone who doesnt think it will be a bad game, you sure have some interesting ways to describe it.

What made BF2 the game was:

1) Focus on teamwork
    2) Vehicles
    3) Giant maps
    4) Commitment

All of those are gone in BF3, it's a game made for individuals who can't be bothered to commit to being in a team and are so lazy to use a keyboard and a mouse and use a joystick instead to play FPS.

None of that is gone in BF3. You have as good a teamwork as you do in BF2, actually the classes are better than BF2 because they followed the 2142 system. You have vehicles. You have large maps. Commitment comes with those you want to commit in any game. DICE has commited themselves to make this a long lasting game. Players commit themselves to playing BC2. I still play it and have been since release. I will be shifting to BF3 and will be commited to that. So its not gone.

Long live quake and doom and PC gaming, I condemn the day they made consoles.
    Gaming started on consoles. You had to put quarters in them.
    My comments BOLDED. Welcome back. Im glad you decided not to leave. Maybe reading through our forums you will pick up some news and meet a few nice folks and we can all share ideas.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• DerStig
    replied

Wow, so according to your buddy Demize99, the base rape protection can NOT be disabled? Not even on the server side? This is a new level of low for DICE and Battlefield 3. This gets better and better everyday.

I was just checking game-monitor, BC2 right now has 5000 players (its around 8:45 pm EST right now, pretty busy hour) where BF2, a 6 year old game, has 4000. Doesn't that tell you something?

Oh and where are the mod tools for BF3? Or map tools? What's going to happen to project reality or the modding community? I guess they are forgotten? I remember the days DICE were asking for tips from project reality for weapon design and skinning. How ironic.

I have never said BF3 is a bad game or DICE is a bad company. I have simply said BF3 is not sequel to BF2, period. They did what Apple did with iPhone 5, couldn't manage people's expectations. They kept saying true sequel to BF2 for years, they mentioned PC gaming and the comeback of the series several times, and then what happened? Trash Company 3, ahem, Bad Company 3 happened. Bunch of explosions, good sound effects, graphics, and there you have a fancy call of duty.

What made BF2 the game was:

1) Focus on teamwork
    2) Vehicles
    3) Giant maps
    4) Commitment

All of those are gone in BF3, it's a game made for individuals who can't be bothered to commit to being in a team and are so lazy to use a keyboard and a mouse and use a joystick instead to play FPS.

Long live quake and doom and PC gaming, I condemn the day they made consoles.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle101
    replied

once again to voice my support to DICE and Battlefield, i am all about it from 42 to Vietnam to 2 to 2142 to several exp packs and booster packs lol to the BC series to 1943 and to BF3 i am a Battlefield die hard fan (die hard as in yipeekaiyay mother#######) who in certain instances resorted to buying a new gfx card to play the game

I would very much love to delve into the dark side and go all raw on the OP but i will keep my respect to the forum, fellow members, and staff and remain silent by giving the finger in my head to OP.

PS. Vreki, is it alright if i quote your law on facebook?

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Thats all true signa, but you are missing the point:

1. You werent getting a supply create dropped right on top of you.
    2. You werent getting artied by your own commander.
    3. There wasnt spam going across the screen about an enemy boat on a map that didnt have a boat.
    4. You werent being told to go to a position that you were not even near.
    5. Only 3 guys gave away your position instead of 5.

And the most important one of all;

You werent vote kicked off the server.

All very important things needed to make this a true Battlefield game.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied

From what I've seen in the beta, this really does seem like a battlefield game:

someone drove an apc to the airfield just so they could get to the plane first, leaving the apc sitting on the runway.
    players running by me, not dropping health or ammo.
    players spawning on my concealed position behind enemy lines and then shooting full auto, giving away the position.
    players using planes and choppers as transports so they can just bail out on a flag.
    players flying away in the chopper and not taking a gunner.
    players griefing other players.
    players with obvious hacks.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

So many DICE fanboys here, it was my mistake to even post it. I should have known better with the lack of threads and activity about anything useful for the beta. I remember these forums from the days of TotalBF2 and when GameWizard used to run it, they were a lot more different, back then it was a proper gaming community where people could voice their opinion. Now it became a shop for DICE's marketing department. Have fun with BF3, I'm out of here.
    See, this is what you get when you voice your own opinion. Youre called a name and shouted down. In this case, we couldnt be shouted down so they leave instead and we are "fanboys".

There are some good points made. There are some changes I want to see as well, but I dont want another BF2. I already have that. Im ready for some new stuff and different ideas.

Thats my opinion and I am sticking to it. If that makes me a DICE fanboy to some, then so be it. If someone wants BF2.7 and doesnt want BF3, then so be it. Thats OK, but you have to decide what you want.

I dont blame Rambo, or Chris_Redfield, or Stryker, or RedInk, or <INSERT THE MANY NAMES HERE> if they dont get the game or if they want a BF2.7. They should voice their concerns to DICE and see about making changes. A number of things were added back because of this and I think its good. But none of these people have shouted down others that also want to voice their opinion.

Anyway, whatever, TL;DR : Its a shame DICE was driven away from their own forums by their "fans"

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

So many DICE fanboys here, it was my mistake to even post it. I should have known better with the lack of threads and activity about anything useful for the beta. I remember these forums from the days of TotalBF2 and when GameWizard used to run it, they were a lot more different, back then it was a proper gaming community where people could voice their opinion. Now it became a shop for DICE's marketing department. Have fun with BF3, I'm out of here.
    That vent exactly as I had expected, Deja Vu.
    Vrekis Law:
    The likelihood of a new poster ragequitting the forums is proportional to the length of their first post.

BF3 is not perfect, but neither was BF2. I expect to be playing it for a long time, although I do no plan on becoming surgically attached to it like certain BF2 fans.

Leave a comment:

• Cantina_Fly
    replied

Originally posted by zuiquan1
    cool story bro.
    ^
    Almost.

He gets points for proper grammar, using paragraphs, and clearly stating what he wants. Sequels in the game industry are like movies that use the line "Based on a true story," or "Inspired by.." They don't have to be 100% true to the original, just enough for it to be familiar to the audience. The game he wants won't get made as long as the majority of your target audience is sitting on the couch with a controller in their hands.

In DICE's defense, the folks expecting BF2.5 appear to be willfully ignorant. I don't recall one piece of news or media that painted any picture but a BC styled full BF game. Nothing that shows any attempted bait-&-switch by EA with product marketing. Granted, I only really started following the game a couple months ago. I intentionally stay away from the early rumor hype machine because I've been burned in the past with what I was expecting from a game vs. what came in the box.

You knew there were going to be some CoD influences, which is a good thing IMO. Infantry play in BF2 was actually one of it's worst features, yet look how much 'Strike at Karkand' got played? IO mode was welcomed with song and praise. I don't know anyone that liked getting killed by tanks or jets they were powerless to stop. Now it looks like vehicles are more force multipliers than powers unto themselves.

I DO think they are making a mistake with no Commander or Commander Assets. That was a great game mechanic. I LOVED the cat-&-mouse games between Spec Ops and Engineers.

I'm also siding with DICE with regard to 4 man squads. With the ability to spawn on any squad member, 6 man squads would be almost impossible to eradicate.

Unlocks are definitely not needed to play well. They simply give you more game play options. One of the things I liked most about the beta was how well the default class weapons performed. I wouldn't think twice about taking an AK-74 or M16 into a fight. I actually preferred the MK11 over the first Recon unlock (SV98?) Imagine playing Medic in BF2 without the G36?

Leave a comment:

• DerStig
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Biased poll anyway.
    Not everybody wanted a BF2 sequel, many just wanted a new BF game.

Leave a comment:

• zuiquan1
    replied

cool story bro.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X