Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do air vehicle movements need to be improved in BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lordsethonan
    replied
    Re: Do air vehicle movements need to be improved in BF3?

Originally posted by Anarchy1
    Definitely.

Jets need some work for movement. Very consoley, and you can tell that they were designed for the controller if you plug a 360 controller in and fly with it.

The helis have good physics in my opinion. Not quite like BF2, but definitely better BC2. The helis are agile and fly very well.

I don't think the movements need to be adjusted though. The problem I have with the air vehicles is just that they are weak. I said on the EA.uk forums that it felt like they flip-flopped everything from BF2, and they went from focusing on vehicle combat and having poor infantry combat to having poor vehicle combat and great infantry combat. BF3 just seems like an infantry game to me, and with the current state of the vehicles, they seem like an afterthought. You can tell this most obviously when you look at Caspian. I love the map, but I'd like someone to tell me that it is primarily a vehicle map with a straight face. Sure, there are tanks, AA vehicles, jeeps, jets, and helis, but the map is still designed for infantry (which is why the flags are close).

Basically, the only thing vehicles are good for at the moment are for fighting other vehicles. It takes an almost direct hit from a tank to die as an infantry soldier. It takes a couple strafing runs from a jet to kill an infantry or a light vehicle. The game was designed so that infantry would have an advantage. I understand where they are coming from, and a lot of people hated how some vehicles were overpowered in BF2, but they made too drastic of a change and now they are useless. The truth is that people in vehicles should dominate the infantry, and that is why there are only two jets per team.
    Vehicle combat is not poor; you just now need the guys on the ground to help you.

When the little funkers spot planes for me, I can do wonders; by default looking around is right mouse plus look so it's quicker. You need them guys on the ground to spot armor for you so you know where it is and plan accordingly, you need them to take out the DAMN LAV as it is the only thing keeping you from controlling the air.

Here:

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by Anarchy1
    It takes an almost direct hit from a tank to die as an infantry soldier..
    The canon may not be very good for anti infantry, but the CROWS system is murder.
    And then there are unlocks like LMG, HMG and canister.

Leave a comment:

• Quemical
    replied

The jets feel very light, stiff & a bit slow. In 2142 the transporters and the gunships felt perfect. Transporters felt heavy, but could still maneuver well. Gunships felt light & fast.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy1
    replied

Definitely.

Jets need some work for movement. Very consoley, and you can tell that they were designed for the controller if you plug a 360 controller in and fly with it.

The helis have good physics in my opinion. Not quite like BF2, but definitely better BC2. The helis are agile and fly very well.

I don't think the movements need to be adjusted though. The problem I have with the air vehicles is just that they are weak. I said on the EA.uk forums that it felt like they flip-flopped everything from BF2, and they went from focusing on vehicle combat and having poor infantry combat to having poor vehicle combat and great infantry combat. BF3 just seems like an infantry game to me, and with the current state of the vehicles, they seem like an afterthought. You can tell this most obviously when you look at Caspian. I love the map, but I'd like someone to tell me that it is primarily a vehicle map with a straight face. Sure, there are tanks, AA vehicles, jeeps, jets, and helis, but the map is still designed for infantry (which is why the flags are close).

Basically, the only thing vehicles are good for at the moment are for fighting other vehicles. It takes an almost direct hit from a tank to die as an infantry soldier. It takes a couple strafing runs from a jet to kill an infantry or a light vehicle. The game was designed so that infantry would have an advantage. I understand where they are coming from, and a lot of people hated how some vehicles were overpowered in BF2, but they made too drastic of a change and now they are useless. The truth is that people in vehicles should dominate the infantry, and that is why there are only two jets per team.

Leave a comment:

• Mtrooper
    replied

I think the Helis are fine (albeit extremely vulnerable) but the jets really feel unresponsive.

Leave a comment:

• Do air vehicle movements need to be improved in BF3?

Do you guys think that air vehicles need to be adjusted with how they move? Do they really feel paper light or like bricks that many claim? Not just jets, but helicopters as well.

If you havent tried them yet on Caspian Border, try it first then vote. Trying to guess this by videos or by the QQ posts would be impossible. Also, try not to compare it to BF2 or BC2 style, but as its own game style. I know that will be difficult as its what we all know, but really think if it really needs to be adjusted.

Crunch
Working...
X