X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anarchy1
    replied
    Re: Knifing in BF3

Only stealth kills are instant kills. Demize said you can't block it, but if you miss the stealth kill (the person finds out?), then it is not an instant kill. You get one chance at a stealth kill as well.

Anything other than a stealth kill is not an instant kill. Demize said knife fights are still in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Redink
    Guest replied

I miss the karkand firepitt knife fight

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied

wich is good

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Ive also heard that there is a counter measure to fight back.

So with that, having to be stealth, dogtags only from stealth, no dolphin diving knife to the ankles, and having to select your knife manually; knifing is harder than it has ever been.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

The animation only plays out on "stealth" kills. And if you have been playing BF some time... you know that once you get behind someone they are pretty mych dead; if anything, now the kill is not guaranteed and you will risk getting shot by someone else.

They need to add a prone knife kill where you sit on top of the other guy, what's ridiculous is you pick them up and then stab them.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

there is a small window to counter the knife from what i've been hearing
    you push the guy away or something.

Leave a comment:

• Stryker
    started a topic Knifing in BF3

Knifing in BF3

After watching a couple of videos, I feel the new Knifing animations is going to make knifing insanely ridiculous and easy. There is no missing, pull your knife out, run up to someone and get a nice smooth animation and one easy kill.

Seeing how the animation takes 2 seconds i feel they should add a button press or sway mouse movement or something to "reverse" it if your quick enough. Or else, why pull your handgun out when the you and your enemy run out of bullets, you have a 1 press, 1 hit machine knife in your hand. Maybe the reverse means they get killed, or if hit right on point it shoves them back.

Having the ability to reverse it may sound "consolely" but knifing in general in games like BF2, BC, COD are just really annoying. I have a feeling knifing is used as a means to keep people from camping, but people are going to worry so much about being 1 hit killed that it's going to lead togameplay similar to COD, where as everyone continually guns even if in a random direction just to contineuly keep moving, no tactics, no skill, just pure madness!

BF2 knifing you could take a hit or 2, maybe in 3, now more people are following cod's approach, Knife > gun

What's your thoughts on this?
Working...
X