X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anarchy1
    replied
    Re: Destruction toned down

Demize has been asked about the full-auto M16 quite a few times and he has responded by saying that he knows that it can't do full-auto in real life, but is going to keep it that way. His reasoning was because it was a starting weapon and he didn't want to throw burst fire at people from the start. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I don't think you are going to convince him to change it. Hopefully there are some distinct advantages to switching it to burst fire though.

Leave a comment:

• DTPleeoswald
    replied

It's been a while since I've played BF2, but from my memory the P90 was garbage. I hated using it.

Leave a comment:

• SgtMattBaker
    replied

The P90 is in.

G36C is in, I hope we get the other versions of the G36 rifle.

And I really hope the Bushmaster ACR/ Masada, is in ... and tons of Bolt Action snipers..

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

I actually tried fooling around with BF2's P90 after absolutely murdering every living thing in CoD4 with a P90.

I actually do better at BF2/BF2142 after a few rounds of Call of Duty.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

I hope BF3 has a P90. I know every other FPS has one, but itd be nice

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

Well man, so far no one has made an accurate representation of a P90 and you don't see me complaining. That thing OWNS and is one of the very few weapons you could reliably fire Jon Woo style.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Oh and also, I would send it to Zh1nt0 instead of Demize as well just because Demize tends to be a bit protective of his designs. Not that its a bad thing, but it can make it a little more difficult to have some agree to a change.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

If those weapons cannot do burst or full auto in real life, show that. Im sure there are some youtube videos and other sources explaining that and the reason why.

I have to say though that Demize has stated that they are adding fire switching to a lot of weapons and I would think it would have to be presented very well to change that, since the reply would be something along, "we added a toggle switch so you can switch it to the mode you want."

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied

If you tweet it to Z1nth0 i'm sure he'll check it. He checked my :https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...CI3vrYIE&pli=1

although it was soon in development of bf3 and his reply was: @jimykx I know you were expecting a good reply but unfortunately that has to wait for some time until I can comment on the certain topic

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

That is a fantastic idea!

Although all I really want is burst removed from the M4 and auto removed from the M16A4. I have no idea how I'd present that idea in a video with my limited resources. I could just talk about it, you know, sort of a camera is moving forward while pointing at you sort of thing while I walk and talk about it. I've seen people present interesting ideas this way. If I can make some intelligent points and present the whole idea well it could be well received but I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

I agree with what you are saying, however, your reaction toward something like this makes it seem otherwise. The majority of people don't know about a weapon and more don't care.

What I would do is make a nice show of weapons and send it to Demize. He is the one going to the ranges and making this stuff. He may blow it all off, but at least you know you did all you can instead of telling them to screw off and buy their game anyway.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

Crunch, I'm not a fanatic in any way. I buy the games and play them anyway. BF:BC2 had major weapon animation errors. These errors weren't a deal breaker, but in the back of my mind, after every reload or use of a certain weapon, I feel somehow disappointed in the quality.

I also have different standards for different titles. Battlefield 2 was fun in that it was an arcade game, but kept realistic weapons and vehicles. Sure not all animations were spot on, and it didn't bother me too much. Games like Call of Duty get the animations and models down pretty well for a game that I consider doesn't need ANY authenticity whatsoever.

All I'm asking for is a properly modeled weapon and firing mode. How am I being too demanding? How is that zealous and realistic-simulator demanding?

Besides, real guns, and their animations, are already freaking awesome and impressive, I don't see any need to add to it.

People need to complain about all the minor details, as well as the big ones. Attention to detail is a good quality.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy1
    replied

Originally posted by jimykx
    I see a lot of people saying that but i havent found any official saying on that
    Demize said it on Twitter some time ago. I don't have a link, unfortunately. But I'm 99% sure he said it.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

No I wasn't. You've been complaining about weapons being realistic for years now. The devs for both cod and battlefield has said they would work on making looks and animations better and they never get it 100% and they are not going to.

Games are like Hollywood movies, sometimes they don't get it right. Arma did though and since realism is such a deal breaker for you, you might check into it because I think bf3 isn't going to be spot on.

Also, maybe a little peace of mind, Demize in a tweet has stated that a lot of the looks and animation are place holders and are not done.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Go play Arma.

Crunch
    That is such a pathetic excuse. I didn't expect something this low from somebody like you Crunch.

If you start removing all originality from the weapons, they're all the same present in different wrappers. Wanting weapons to retain the most basic level of authenticity is asking too much?

I hope you were being sarcastic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X