X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimykx
    replied
    Re: Destruction toned down

Yeah, imagine an urban map like mashuuur city with planes, i would like to be able to take one of those buildings down by carpet bombing him like twice

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

Ok that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up.

I have to admit that I'm kind of disappointed I won't be able to raze villages/cities from lots of bombing from aircraft. Imagine flattening maps from BF2 with the carpet bombers like the F15 or the SU37, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

We rule so much.

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

I've read many of his replies, all of which are lousier than the next. The delay between bursts is so small that it's pretty much fully automatic to begin with. Giving entry level players burst instead of fully auto is a blessing, not a degrading feature as he assumes. You're giving the noobs single shot accuracy with 3 rounds.

OT: How come my avatar used to be larger, but has now been reduced, and other members still have larger avatars?

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

I don't know where to put this:

@Demize99 is it true that there is lens flare in BF3 for Recon's sniper rifle scopes? if so explain how it will work?
    en respuesta a ↑
    @ChrisSchewanick Yes there is a lens flare on high zoom optics when they are pointed right at you.

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

Originally posted by -Shifty-
    That is a fantastic idea!

Although all I really want is burst removed from the M4 and auto removed from the M16A4. I have no idea how I'd present that idea in a video with my limited resources. I could just talk about it, you know, sort of a camera is moving forward while pointing at you sort of thing while I walk and talk about it. I've seen people present interesting ideas this way. If I can make some intelligent points and present the whole idea well it could be well received but I don't know.
    Don't Know if you contacted devs, but here is something for you:

Demize99Alan Kertz

@

@F_RF @sgtmaadadi @jeremypreston2 Also since the m4 and m16 are default us starting weapons I did not want to penalize with burst only.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

probably both. performance reasons and gameplay reasons.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Originally posted by stilla-killa
    Maybe the destruction had to be toned down to accomidate 64 players?
    No, I think a lot of people were tired of desolation and it does ruin gameplay when a map is leveled.

It could also be because of vehicles and jets as well as other weapons taking all the cover away.

Maybe a mix of both.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• stilla-killa
    replied

Maybe the destruction had to be toned down to accomidate 64 players?

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

Yeah that was the annoying vapor trails sniper rifle leave. I never liked those in BC2.

Leave a comment:

• DTPleeoswald
    replied

Yeah definitely not a tracer.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy1
    replied

Isn't that just the vapor trail?

Leave a comment:

• SgtMattBaker
    replied

I swear there was a video of what i think is a sniper tracer ... I can't find it now :/ ... I'll keep looking.

Edit: Found it!

From right to left around 5:20 ish...

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied

When you see red beams spots or shiny red things that look like tracer darts from bfbc's those are the new lazer attatchements in bf3. They are suposed to help your fire-from-the-hip acuracy and to blind your enemies if you point the lazer at their faces, but ill also give your position away in the dark (such as flashlights):P

Leave a comment:

• SgtMattBaker
    replied

Originally posted by -Shifty-
    This one? The SPAS-12?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195[/ATTACH]

I hope there's an AA12 in this game. It would be really cool, especially in those tight corridors on Metro.

This is my favorite shotgun though. The Remington 870 models.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]196[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]197[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]198[/ATTACH]

That is the most beautiful shotgun in the world, and by far the best pump in my opinion. I really hope this game properly portrays the devastating power of shotguns. They can kill people at to 100m easily without slugs.
    If Zombie Apocalypse ever comes, I'm getting that one. And I agree, it's my #1 shotgun. Why won't anyone make a weapons thread??..

On topic, I find it ok for them to tone down destruction, with maps so big and making every building destructible, the performance would have a huge impact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X