Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are tanks less accurate in third person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are tanks less accurate in third person?

Lately I have been playing BC2 a bit in ultawidescreen.
    As you can see, in third person view it is an enormous advantage for a tank driver, nobody is going to sneak up upon you.

But is the accuracy decreased while in third person view? Obviously the cross hair is enlarged, but I am sure I could learn to aim with that. I am mostly playing for fun anyway, so I can take a few megadeaths while practicing.

Re: Are tanks less accurate in third person?

I find it is but because of the crosshair, even putting something dead center it doesn't seem very reliable

I use third person camera for spotting and placement of shots, switching between the camera modes is great but I have never used it for serious killing unless I quickly had to blow someone away at point blank range

Comment

Yeah, if its close you can do it, but its impossible for me to hit a Target at a distance in 3rd person.

Lunatik is a tanker, maybe he has had some success?

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It took a little practice but I have managed to get decent with third person view, especially on servers with third person turned off, the camera sometimes gets stuck in third person somehow and I'm too lazy to reconnect. In BC2 Vietnam when playing hardcore mode, I find it's easier most of the time playing in third person view in a tank for taking out copters and infantry. However, I still prefer first person in BC2 and looking around in third person.

Comment

I think the best trick is just to switch between them depending on the situations. When i am capping with a tank i use 3rd so i make sure i dont get c4'd by wookies and when generally driving from one flag to another i go for the 1st person

Comment

Working...
          X