All aboard!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All aboard!!!

Its not being cynical, its just people dont look at what they posted in the past or complained about. A good majority of PC gamers hate CoD. The thing is they only make up 7 to 10 percent of the market share.

That aside though, someone complains about CoD because they wear the BF goggles thinking BF is so great, yet post after post after post shows how it is. Both games have some advantages and nice features and we all know that BF3 is taking some of them.

Once BF3 comes out there are going to be posts about how its BC2/CoD or how its a console port as well as complain about how they are board with it and the game is dead unless the fix something or add something.

Maybe I am being cynical

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      Its not being cynical, its just people dont look at what they posted in the past or complained about. A good majority of PC gamers hate CoD. The thing is they only make up 7 to 10 percent of the market share.

That aside though, someone complains about CoD because they wear the BF goggles thinking BF is so great, yet post after post after post shows how it is. Both games have some advantages and nice features and we all know that BF3 is taking some of them.

Once BF3 comes out there are going to be posts about how its BC2/CoD or how its a console port as well as complain about how they are board with it and the game is dead unless the fix something or add something.

Maybe I am being cynical

Crunch
      Well you just seem a bit more negative lately... Then again, you were the same around MW2's release when I was one of the few who had high hopes for it (then were crushed with the later announcement...)

I think its just more me feeling like everyone is working against me... and is arguing with me (though if it is an argument, I quite possibly started it, just havent realised...)

Comment

The thing with "hating" CoD is this.

People claim they hate CoD and condemn it to hell and back but they still buy it anyway. Or they still find a way to play it anyway. It's a very small number of people who not only proclaim they hate CoD but also refuse to ever play it and stick to it.

As for me? I enjoy the SP once in a while. Black Ops was enjoyable. MP since MW1 has been lacking in all games but Blops came the closest to being the most enjoyable for me.

Not looking forward to MW3 in the slightest but we all know it's going to sell a ton and probably break records again. And if it's anything like MW2's MP, it's going to be a spammy fest of perks out the ass. I'll play the SP just because I want to see this damn story arc end.

Would I purchase CoD if I didn't get it for free? I don't know. I honestly don't know. It's enjoyable to an extent, but certainly not for $60 as they've been lately.

Comment

Yeah, its not you Stevo, its what Zips said. Everyone bashes it, yet they all own a copy and will the next one. What really gets me in this case isnt even you, but those that try to compare it to another game and say how that game is so awesome, yet they dont play it anymore and/or that game is not as awesome as they believe it to be.

And I dont own Blops. No demo, no buy. Thats my policy and it looks like it paid off yet again. Does Blops look like fun? It sure does! I just dont think its $60 fun because it looks like a beefed up MW2.

People beat on CoD and want to compare it to BF, but thats not a good way to do it. As I said a number of times before that people cant help it though as they generally compare with only what they know. I know its hard to believe, but some think BF is dumb and boring. Playing a number of games, I can see why they would think that.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
            Not looking forward to MW3 in the slightest but we all know it's going to sell a ton and probably break records again. And if it's anything like MW2's MP, it's going to be a spammy fest of perks out the ass. I'll play the SP just because I want to see this damn story arc end.

Would I purchase CoD if I didn't get it for free? I don't know. I honestly don't know. It's enjoyable to an extent, but certainly not for $60 as they've been lately.
            Yeah, Im doing the same (though Im going to have to foot a $120 bill unless I go for an "Evil copy") as I want an end to this story arc. Probably going to have a look at multiplayer, but if you check my stats on Steam, I have had very little time one it, hell, I havent even prestiged once because I just Cant be screwed to play it.

Yeah, its not you Stevo, its what Zips said. Everyone bashes it, yet they all own a copy and will the next one. What really gets me in this case isnt even you, but those that try to compare it to another game and say how that game is so awesome, yet they dont play it anymore and/or that game is not as awesome as they believe it to be.

And I dont own Blops. No demo, no buy. Thats my policy and it looks like it paid off yet again. Does Blops look like fun? It sure does! I just dont think its $60 fun because it looks like a beefed up MW2.

People beat on CoD and want to compare it to BF, but thats not a good way to do it. As I said a number of times before that people cant help it though as they generally compare with only what they know. I know its hard to believe, but some think BF is dumb and boring. Playing a number of games, I can see why they would think that.

Crunch
            I don't own BlOps either. Just havent bought it (and apparantly a core 2 duo isnt enough to play it...). I just realised though, that I havent got any of the Treyarch CoD's despite the fact that they are "Kinder" to the PC community than IW. Though, that sounds a little futile that statement. We all say things because we want to seem like we care, the fact is most PC gamers want the best for the community, but dont really care and think more for themselves. its starting to lose its effect.

Comment

To be fair, Blops was a lot better presented in both the SP and MP side compared to MW2. In fact, it's the game that really pushed Treyarch into a better developer standing over Infinity Ward (pre everyone leaving up and that drama) in my mind.

It's actually not "beefed up" given how it's scaled back a LOT that was in MW2, which is a GOOD thing since MW2 added far too much bloat and junk. I'm sure the younger crowd was bitching to high hell and back that they couldn't get their omgnuke but I loved that it was scaled back to such a measurable degree. It made the MP enjoyable again. Not fantastic, but at least enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
              X