replied
    Re: Updated Facts

you bastard(ohno) i fell lolz

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Yes, the BF2142 model more or less.
    Assault with mobile fire-power and limited explosives (so no ammo-box)
    Support with suppressive fire-power and ammo, but poor mobility
    Engineer/AT with shotgun / SMG
    IMHO the medic needs to be a rifleman so he can follow just behind the first line of assault, and clean up the area before he attempts to revive.
    But it could be something like a M16 with iron sights and burst/semi only. That would still make assault the rambo-class

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

I personally think that the assault cass should have battle rifles that pack the punch, medics should have as Vreki said, an assault rifle with a smoke launcher, engineers can have the SMG's whilst support holds down the LMG role. Special ops then get their stealth assault rifle type of weapons and snipers get the usual.

Leave a comment:

• Infernalis
    replied

I hope the medic have a carbine or smg but not an assault rifle, or you mean give the lmg to the assault class?

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

What were you hinting though?

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

It might have been a bit obvious. Rambo will still fall for it though

Back on topic: I hope they keep the lmg away from the medic this time, it feels wrong the way it is used as a frontline assault weapon in BC2.
    An assault rifle with a smoke grenade launcher would be the perfect medic weapon.

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

I knew it was something fishy, I just wanted to know what the source of the fishy smell was. And it was a rickroll.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Yeah, another brilliant plan foiled by Big Business

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

The second you put extra effort in i knew something smelt fishy :P

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by 5t3v0
    just what was it? In aus it says its blocked on copyright grounds
    Well, this link might work if your really must know. But you are making me put a lot of effort into what should have been a simple operation.
    http://bf3nation.com/CommonWealth/2011/02/battlefield-3-weapons-rumor#BattleRifle

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

Frostbite 2.0, New York and big explosives; I think I can, I think I can, I think I came...

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

just what was it? In aus it says its blocked on copyright grounds

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

True, I like the M16 in BC2, in principle it works just the same, but it lacks the killing power.
    However I am not sure that it is because the weapons is that much weaker. I often get the feeling that hitdetection gets progressively worse as games gets more and more shiny.
    I really hope that they dont mess up that part of BF3. I can handle almost all other bugs, but bad hitdetection kills a game.

Dont worry about the link, I am sure it will resurface somewhere again.

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

Yea but for some reason me and the BAUR just got on so well. I got to the top 100 in the world with that weapon and im never usually bothered with leaderboards. The kick, power and sound genuinely made me feel like i was firing something with a hefty punch behind it.

Miss that thing a lot

Also that link is blocked here in Aus for some reason. Any other way to access it as it looks interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    To me personally whenever i was a medic in BF2 i rarely had my gun out at all and just made sure i kept my squad mates alive. Whereas in BF2142 for me being a medic was about leading the squad and whoring it up with my BAUR and keeping everyone alive.

I miss my BAUR
    http://bf3nation.com/2011/02/battlefield-3-weapons-rumor#BattleRifle

Sure the Baur was nice, but was it really that unique? Plenty of other games have DMR or Battle Rifles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X