What type of maps do you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of maps do you want?

I'm expecting battlefield 3 to have BC2's destructible buildings, I could be wrong but id expect that they'd put it in there, nonetheless, what kind of maps are you guys looking forward to playing in Battlefield 3?

Strike of Karkand's, or maybe more of a swampy battlefield? Something rocky, maybe some water/island type maps, or more air superiority style.

Imagine Karkand with everything blowing up, I don't think any computer could run all of that. I also wonder if this destructible system in BF3 would limit maps more because of how much more that will have to be rendered? If so then we would see smaller maps, like Karkand 16/32 man, and the days of 64 man size maps are over.

It's more preference but I always enjoyed 64 man map size because I really felt like I was in this huge battle taking place everywhere. I hope the maps are more square then straight aswell, in BC2, alot of maps are straight and it leads to one sided combat, while a sqaure battlefiled leads to more smaller conflicts everywhere and team based squad support working together to take a base rather then the whole team moving foward. This is all opinion ofcourse.

Re: What type of maps do you want?

DC 1942 remakes:salute:

Comment

Kubra Dam, best map ever.

Comment

Big maps like Kubra or El Al. BC2 maps are just a chokepoint cluster**** and I can't stand playing that game anymore.

Comment

Starts as day and then ends at night. Or depends on where the server is located and what time it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
            Starts as day and then ends at night. Or depends on where the server is located and what time it is there.
            Sounds like ARMA II, or Joint Operations as both have time setting factors.

I would like to see maps that involve more foliage (jungle), never been one for the Urban however a nice blend of the two styles would be cool.

Comment

I jungle map or maybe some with Weather added like Rain.

Comment

+1 to bigger maps~

Comment

Big maps with VARIED environments. There always seems to be urban levels, desert levels, jungle levels etc... while not mixing things up things a lot

I'd love a large open mountain map or something that has a lot of woods, maybe a big town in one area of the map, a seaport, you know, variation.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                    Big maps with VARIED environments. There always seems to be urban levels, desert levels, jungle levels etc... while not mixing things up things a lot

I'd love a large open mountain map or something that has a lot of woods, maybe a big town in one area of the map, a seaport, you know, variation.
                    I present to you this and this

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

i always wondered back when i was playing 1942. was the phillipines map supposed to represent just a small part of the phillipines?

Comment

Would you guys sacrifice destuction for no. of players\map size?

Sourse is the SP2 Frost engine, Tank map from Armoured Fury

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                          Would you guys sacrifice destuction for no. of players\map size?

Sourse is the SP2 Frost engine, Tank map from Armoured Fury
                          I definitely would. Destruction is a fun feature, but none of the games of BC2 I've played have matched the epicness of many of the BF2 matches I've had due to the huge maps and large player counts. If I had to choose size and # of players or destruction, I'd go with size and player count without thinking twice.

Comment

Its a great question. I dont know if I would or not. Being able to make an exit in a wall to escape is pretty epic. It changes everything in gameplay and you can alter what is going on around you, if you want.

The thing with BF2/142 is everyone knows the paths and it never changes...and cant. Same buildings people snipe from, same roads to take, same thing over and over. Yeah, the maps are huge and more vehicles and all that, but I dont think BF3 is going to be 64 player. I would guess it will be 32 at most.

BF3 is going to be console also and we all know the limitations of the current consoles. I say current because EA may stall until the next gen consoles (which Whiskey predicted and I agree with) and then up everything to PC level. Which then maybe we can get everything we wanted. That or BF3 is built one way for console and another for PC, which seems less and less likely all the time.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

they need to find the right balance. but the novelty of destruction has sorta worn off for me and i wouldn't mind it scaled down to accommodate for bigger maps/player capacity.

Comment

Working...
                              X