High FPS 100+ and Choppy Gameplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High FPS 100+ and Choppy Gameplay?

After months of research and a new i7 build, I still can't figure it out. Could it be my monitor? Or is it just the frostbite engine itself? If there's a thread about this, I apologize. I've tried doing the negative mouse acceleration as see on other forums and I don't think I did it correctly and went back to default.

My System:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 3.2GHz
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 6GB
    Hard Drive: Maxtor 300GB 16MB Cache
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 4890
    Monitor: Acer X223Wbd Black 22" LCD
    Sound Card: Onboard 7.1 SS
    Speakers/Headphones: Steelseries 5H v2
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Ideazon Reaper Edge
    Mouse Surface: Razer Goliathus
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
    Motherboard: ASUS P6T
    Computer Case: Ultra eTorque

Re: High FPS 100+ and Choppy Gameplay?

I don't know man. This is why I never played the game, maybe others just don't think it's choppy or something. To me it's not like lag choppy it's just not smooth like other games. Seems off and gives me a headache.

Comment

Is it a stuttering effect, like the animations are kind of pausing for a split second?

Comment

Trying turning off your antivirus/spyware programs and see how it works. The only time I get choppy is when I have a bad internet connection, a problem with the server, or others with high ping are on the server.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Phyrefli
          Is it a stuttering effect, like the animations are kind of pausing for a split second?
          That's exactly it. At first, I thought that it would've been my monitor. I wish I can see this game run on good CRT. But then again, my other games aren't like that.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          Trying turning off your antivirus/spyware programs and see how it works. The only time I get choppy is when I have a bad internet connection, a problem with the server, or others with high ping are on the server.

Crunch
          Interesting. Only thing I have running in the background is Spybot's Search & Destroy security. I'll try turning it off. That's like the only thing I haven't tried doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Highrisk
            That's exactly it. At first, I thought that it would've been my monitor. I wish I can see this game run on good CRT. But then again, my other games aren't like that.
            I had the same thing in beta, although it went with the retail version. Silly as it sounds, try recording using FRAPS and see if it disappears - it's not a viable solution, but it worked for me

Some things to try:

1. If you're in DX11 try moving to DX9 or 10. Vice versa if you're using DX9.
            2. Make sure VSync isn't enabled.
            3. Try changing rez's and graphics settings.

In the beta it was moving from DX11 to Dx9 that sorted it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Phyrefli
              I had the same thing in beta, although it went with the retail version. Silly as it sounds, try recording using FRAPS and see if it disappears - it's not a viable solution, but it worked for me

Some things to try:

1. If you're in DX11 try moving to DX9 or 10. Vice versa if you're using DX9.
              2. Make sure VSync isn't enabled.
              3. Try changing rez's and graphics settings.

In the beta it was moving from DX11 to Dx9 that sorted it for me.
              I have my FPS showing using ATI Tray tools, which is the same way that FRAPS showing it, and it rarely drops below 100fps. I run mostly on medium and no AA on.

As far as DX, I have tried leaving it on "auto" and also tried setting it to 10, since my card only supports up to DX10. I wouldn't want to lose some of the eye candy by going to DX9.

VSync is disabled in-game and in ATI's Catalyst as well.

For changing resolution, do you mean by doing it after a map change, because I've read that somewhere that people had a temporary fix to low FPS due to that.

As crazy as it sounds, but I think the last stages of the BETA was the smoothest gameplay I had in this game.

Comment

Ahh, no, I mean do an actual recording with FRAPS. Your FPS will decrease substantially, but just do it to see if the stutter disappears.

Re: DX, try it at DX9 just to see if it disappears. You can always put it back to DX10 if you're happy to live with the stutter. I've a 5870, which operates at DX11, and often have it on DX9 for the framerate increase.

Comment

i learn to live with choppy gameplay. my hardware isn't really good so i'm not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    i learn to live with choppy gameplay. my hardware isn't really good so i'm not complaining.
                    If this was any other game I'd probably say the same thing. However, this is BATTLEFIELD! I just hope BF3 will deliver for us more than BC2 did. I'm not saying BC2 is a bad game, just comparing to BF2 it's just not what I'm used to. I've been playing Battlefield since 1942, my favorite of them all.

Comment

go in to a game with fewer players
                      (even as few as 10 - then work your way up)
                      much of the lag/chop is server related

also - what is your internet connection?
                      and is it shared?

Comment

Play in windowed mode.

Alt + Enter. See if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X