The battlefield franchise, what happened dice?!?!?! >_<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battlefield franchise, what happened dice?!?!?! >_<

We started with battlefield 1942, Vietnam and of course, the fantastic BF2. These were quality games that were developed specifically for the personal computer. I guess that somewhere along the way that EA decided that Hardcore PC gaming just wasn't as profitable as console and casual gaming. We haven't had a PC exclusive battlefield game for 4 years! That really chaps my bum because i miss playing battlefield games. So whats my deal? Why do i gotta hate on consoles? It ain't like that my dog, consoles just simply cannot deliver the type of experience that makes a game fun to me. Consoles lack sufficient control mechanisms for the genre, the mouse is just more effective than the analog stick. Consoles also lack the processing power and expandability necessary to create the scale and game mechanic complexity i enjoy. When games are developed for multiple platforms, the PC version will always suffer.

Bo-who right? WRONG! There is a huge market of Hardcore PC gamers that's just waiting for decent games to play. Battlefield 2 was just a taste of what could be. For years the PC community has been fiending a worthy successor to bf2. So now we get word that battlefield 3 is going to be a multi-platformer. Yer breakin my balls EA, i guarantee that you are going to get a lot of complaints similar to my own. So here's my proposal EA. Keep churning out console games, because they definitely are profitable. But also make the games we crave and miss profitable again as well. The answer is simple, make us pay for it, we already shell out the big bucks to have these souped up machines, we might as well throw down a little more to enjoy them. Please start making PC exclusive pay to play battlefield games, we WILL pay for them. You provide the game with subscription options, and support it; we will provide the servers and players to make the game profitable!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1635578.page

Re: The battlefield franchise, what happened dice?!?!?! &gt;_&lt;

This is why i tried to start a boycott on BC,I could see if they can get away with it then it will become the norm.

People are stupid now days,thats why they cant operate a computer.I blame consumers for not thinking about the future and demanding quality!.I blame EA for turning their backs on us.

Bout time EA looked after pc and gave consoles the afterbirth on this one

Simply another company will see a market and EA will lose this one if they keep ignoring it.

When bf3 gets announced like this ,it should be a happy time and exciting but instead we are fighting for what we had 5 years ago!Dice you created this monster now either sleep in it or fix it for the PC generation they have forgotten.

Man im so sick of complaining lol

Comment

Pay to play? I'm sorry but this gamer wont support that kind of buisness. Like you said, people already shell out big bucks to have systems that can even run the game and now they/you expect us to keep paying for the right to even use it? Sorry, but if the franchise goes the way of World of Battlefield then i'm certain that it will die as a result.

I cant be alone in this type of thinking can i?

Comment

its not that i want pay to play, its that i want the real battlefield and am willing to pay what it costs, and am sure many many others are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Arid
          Pay to play? I'm sorry but this gamer wont support that kind of buisness. Like you said, people already shell out big bucks to have systems that can even run the game and now they/you expect us to keep paying for the right to even use it? Sorry, but if the franchise goes the way of World of Battlefield then i'm certain that it will die as a result.

I cant be alone in this type of thinking can i?
          Well, if the want to have subscribtion based games, then they better start providing the same amount of content as WoW etc.
          And I would really like an option to purchace game-time instead of real-world time, otherwise I am likely to drop the subscribtion after a few months.

Comment

What about battlefield 2142? Best game in my opinion.

Comment

I agree with RYKUU. I loved BF2 but a lot of the time it felt like i was wandering around looking for the enemy rather than holding the various choke points like in 2142.

Comment

loved 1942, Vietnam was just so mesmerising sometimes with the Napalm, flying in with the radio on

BF2 I simply loved, I remember going to my local Game on release day and buying it and just loving it, of all the games this is the one I look back on with the most fondness, not even sure why, it just had something

Even with that said 2142 was the best imo, it was futuristic in a good way (not funky) had very good balance, titan mode was great and it was a blast to play

I just hope BF3 can recapture some of that past BF magic, because while I enjoy BC2 its a different game

Comment

yes 2142 was a great game, i was not saying otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Smith
                    its not that i want pay to play, its that i want the real battlefield and am willing to pay what it costs, and am sure many many others are as well.
                    This.

Comment

Working...
                    X