Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 3 will be on all platforms (Xbox360, PC and PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 will be on all platforms (Xbox360, PC and PS3)

This also comes as the first official announcement of Battlefield 3, which was previously only confirmed to be in development during financial talks. Battlefield 3 will apparently come to Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.
    Source - TGN News

I wonder what you people feel about DICE now that they've decided to go ahead and make the game on all platforms. It could be a good thing if they don't make it a console to PC port and actually work on the game from 2 different versions instead of one massive console port.

Consoles have always been inferior to PCs when it comes to performance. Due to technical limitations the amount of content in console games and the features in those games are not well received by PC players. I for one, despise playing on console ports.

FPS games should be played on PC games with totally separate features due to the huge advantages PCs game.

I know there is another thread in this section. I would like to dedicate this one entirely to the console vs PC discussion.

Re: Battlefield 3 will be on all platforms (Xbox360, PC and PS3)

Originally posted by -Shifty-
    Consoles have always been inferior to PCs when it comes to performance. Due to technical limitations the amount of content in console games and the features in those games are not well received by PC players. I for one, despise playing on console ports.
    I am not sure about that. Currently the consoles are straiting to lag behind, but it is a cycle. When the consoles are "fresh", they will often outperform the average gaming PC.

To me it has always seemed like FPS on the console and the PC has been to distinct styles, possibly due to different origins.
    The console FPS I have seen since the days of the original XBOX have always favored speed and reflexes instead of tactics and controlled fire. When I think of games like Halo and Timesplitters 2, it is clear that the current COD games are direct descendants of those.

On the PC we had much more varied styles. From Arma and AA in the ultra-realistic part, with Battlefield and PlanetSide in the middle and games like Unreal Tournament for the twitch-fans.
    We had a rich history of FPS, but currently the consoles hold the interest of the developers so it is their FPS style that dominates.
    With a bit of luck the OC will get more attention as the consoles grow older,I just hope that the "real" FPS style will not be forgotten at that time

Comment

Well you're talking about the average gaming PC. I had a good rig I put a lot of money into (1000 dollars), it was far superior to any XBox or PS3.

Actually, I think it is a bit early to speculate, but I think DICE will go with making a big console port like they did with BF-BC2. If you look at BF1943 though, they're doing a very good job working on the PC version separately to the console versions. I can't wait to see that outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
        --If you look at BF1943 though, they're doing a very good job working on the PC version separately to the console versions.--
        That's a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by L-iNC
          That's a joke right?
          I have not been keeping up with BF1943 lately, but last I heard they delayed the PC version so they could implement better features to it.

Comment

Sorry Shifty, BF1943 is the Duke Nukem Forever of the BF series.

Comment

poor shifty...
              there are rumors that 1943 PC is canceled.

Comment

dice, you made a big mistake! PC GAMING FO-EV-A!

Comment

When I first heard that BF3 beta was coming with MoH I got excited, I played bf2 for years and it was the most fun I had in a game but then when I read that it was going to be on the 360, or ps3 horrible images of 360 ports flashed over and over and halo players jumping around knifing aimlessly!

We haven't seen BF3 yet but Im terrified and sad, as a long time bf2 player you can imagine how we waited and pictured BF3 in our minds, a bigger, more perfected, more extreme BF2. I use to picture BF3 having better graphics, 128 player servers, slightly bigger maps, later on destroyable buildings and terrain, etc. When looking at a port or even a multiplat game your looking at huge limitations, like i'm going to guess 32 player servers, probably slightly better graphics then BFBC2, and def. smaller maps. Nothing like what bf3 was supposed to be...

Comment

Very smart move i think, lets just hope that the do what they say they will and concentrate on the PC version first, making BF3 multiple platform is a good move, the more players the better i think.

Comment

Well if BF3 is like Bad company 2 it will probably sell millions of copies anyway but are going to lose many fans on the pc side while gaining players who are going to play for 20 hours and then sell their copy or just leave it gathering dust. If BF3 is like BC2 it's playability will be as just as short. I had 600 hours playing bf2, while bfbc2 i only had 56h 14m 46s, if you add that and Bad company 1 it still wouldn't add up to Bf2's total. I think if BF3 winds up being a fail for PC Battlefield fans, i think dice should just make 12 new maps, plus remake all the other bf2 maps with better graphics, improve graphics all around, increase player count to 128, and add sum new guns into bf2 and just go back to that...BF2 redux. Count me in.:salute:

Comment

Thing is, as much as we think DiCE owes us, they probably don't have much of a clue means to us. That being said, I don't really want to be a naysayer this early in its revelation.

Also, releasing battlefield 2 redux will just divide the community further.

Its sad how for now we just have to accept that the world tends to view us as a novelty, what with much of the world not realising how much power our platform has, but someday, hopefully, we may find our way out of this PC gaming slump. I have managed to convince a few of my Console playing friends to go PC too.

Comment

The other thing is DICE owes us nothing and the overall console players outnumber pc players by millions and grows. Its not good company strategy to ignore 10s of millions of potential customers.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

BF3 is going to blow, I'm waiting for Battlefield 3D simulator 4142

Comment

Dice owes BF tho and its rep should not be used or abused.

the sacred names like 1942(1943),BFV,BF3 should be full games and not cheap mini game money grabs imo

Comment

Working...
                              X