Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAG (Massive Action Game) who's getting it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MAG (Massive Action Game) who's getting it?

played the closed beta (only one match) it was just a larger more chaotic non stealth version of SOCOM Confrontation. I did not enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
      I'm more concerned that once you choose your faction your locked into it, when the player counts decrease are there going to be stacked servers all the time? Guess they could quite easily allow you to switch though with a patch or something.
      What you have to choose a faction and then stick with it for the whole time you play the game?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
        What you have to choose a faction and then stick with it for the whole time you play the game?
        yep, and work your way up the ladder, regardless i doubt they'd make 1 faction more superior.

If your wanting to play with freinds they also have to be the same faction as you in order to join your game.

Comment

Open beta is out in the EU, about 2 gigs all together.

Comment

I can't seem to connect to any server. All I do is sit in the que. Now I can't connect at all.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              I can't seem to connect to any server. All I do is sit in the que. Now I can't connect at all.
              Yeah it's all over the Playstation Blog about this problem, personally mines been downloading for like 4 hours, was at 74% last time I checked :rawr

Comment

I played one round. Nothing really stood out about the game to me. Nothing really wowed me. Seemed just like another run of the mil shooter. Already deleted it.

Comment

Pretty fun shooter, just don't play with random people or people without a mic because if you do the game is VERY boring.
                  You create a character and choose a faction for that character, you only play with that one faction on your character. In the beta you can only create one character, so choose wisely.
                  I went with S.V.E.R and i'm doing pretty nicely for a console FPS, I've never been such a fan of FPSs on consoles but this game is actually fun and the controls work well when you get the hang of them. Oh, and the best thing is NO AUTO AIM! ( That's the reason why I only play TPSs on consoles )

And you couldn't connect to the servers because the devs were doing some maintenance and they opened up Domination; the mode where it's 128 vs 128.

Comment

Yeah I'm really enjoying it, so far it's a game that seems to have a pretty active community and people with mics for once. I chose Valor, I'm guessing all of the factions are pretty similar to each other in the long run, sucks that you can't play with your friends if their not in the same faction. Are they going to give you an ability to create a character for each faction so you can actually play with your friends?

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
                      Yeah I'm really enjoying it, so far it's a game that seems to have a pretty active community and people with mics for once. I chose Valor, I'm guessing all of the factions are pretty similar to each other in the long run, sucks that you can't play with your friends if their not in the same faction. Are they going to give you an ability to create a character for each faction so you can actually play with your friends?
                      Dont think so, though you should be able to delete your charactor and start again to select a new faction in the beta,

Comment

OK well it comes out this Tuesday. So who is getting it? I am going to wait to see what kind of rating it gets first and see what people have to say about the final product.

Comment

So no one has bought and played the retail copy yet?

Comment

I bought the retail game last Thursday and I absolutely LOVE it! Love, it.

I play in the IC tournament. I am very familiar with large server scenarios and I think MAG is fantastic. It has a lot going for it as far as organizing that many people and giving them objectives that keep them on task and working together as a team.

The scoring system heavily rewards teamwork and working AT the objective (FRAGO bonus). The more you play as a team, the more rewarding the experience.

My PSN ID is IC-Deznts. Add me if you'd like and I'll see you in a server!

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Also, I haven't had any issues queuing into a server. Usually takes less than 15 seconds.

When you hit the level cap (lvl 60) you can enable veteran mode. This will set your character level back to 0 and you can switch factions. You will retain all of your stats and accomplishments.

I love that you can respec your character somewhat frequently to be honest. I've been a sniper, assault, and now heavy machine gun, all by level 23 or so. Respec'ing is also fun, example... I respec'd at lvl 22 or so and spent all my skill points towards going heavy machine gun. I never had to use the heavy machine gun without having every upgrade to make it accurate and deadly.

Comment

I got it and enjoy playing M.A.G. From time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X