• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dfour
    replied
    Re: Restricting weapons on servers

Originally posted by Killerus
    i always laugh when someone calls me a noob for killing them. If i am a noob and killed them, what does that make them? :laugh: Is there a lower form of player that i am not aware of, like a sub-noob category?
    Yeah nob

Leave a comment:

• Killerus
    replied

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
    That's exactly right and it's not that hard to avoid SAAW missiles either. There are no nub weapons, there are nubs that die from those weapons and complain about it.

i always laugh when someone calls me a noob for killing them. If i am a noob and killed them, what does that make them? :laugh: Is there a lower form of player that i am not aware of, like a sub-noob category?

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

yeah so many of these gunship guys are 1 dimensional that they won't play if they can't gunship whore the heck out of the server.

Leave a comment:

• Skates
    replied

Originally posted by dfour
    A few of my clan are tempted to take our tags off and all go in with saaws and just sit there locking them up all game just to piss them off :thumbsup:
    2-3 Engi's with the SAAW can really piss off the gunship whores. Back when we ran a titan server there were a few times we would come into the server and there would be a couple of guys dominating like that. Spread a few Engi's out so that you can lock them up constantly, easy on Suez with places to hide and the small map, and soon they would get so pissed off that they would leave. Good times.:nod:

Leave a comment:

• jake_
    replied

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
    That's exactly right and it's not that hard to avoid SAAW missiles either. There are no nub weapons, there are nubs that die from those weapons and complain about it.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Leave a comment:

• TrooperJac
    replied

Originally posted by dfour
    I may report them to EA even though it most likely will not have any effect on them.
    Yeah, not worth attempting it. I once FRAPsed some clan bois glitching into the walls on Bavaria and spent the round recording them and taking screenshots. I used the 'report cheaters' thing on EA support and supplied screens and a video with undeniable evidence and received a message telling me that a 'full re-install' of the game might help with my issue. :facepalm:

Leave a comment:

• dfour
    replied

Originally posted by wardogHk
    why would you even bother to stay on that server?
    I stayed on to see if the sides changed and to see the admins reactions to it buy over 3 arse raping rounds the sides didnt and the admins just taloned anyone who was brave enough to get out of the titan while staying far enough away from the titan to be safe.

A few of my clan are tempted to take our tags off and all go in with saaws and just sit there locking them up all game just to piss them off :thumbsup:

If your feeling masochistic and want to experience this here is the server

titan-kneipes suez

I may report them to EA even though it most likely will not have any effect on them.

Leave a comment:

• Forces(UK)
    replied

Originally posted by wardogHk
    why would you even bother to stay on that server?
    I understand this response, and yet at the same time I am glad that the player kicked up a fuss rather than just ignored it.

Sometimes I've had to change servers so many times in a row, just to avoid various sorts of idiocy, I've often wondered how so many crap ones are allowed to break the ROE and just carry on as normal...

Leave a comment:

• =)BiT(= Evant3k
    replied

Originally posted by Killerus
    now now guys i know we have not had a good flame fest lately but lets stay in topic. It's not about removing weapons for skill reasons or what some would consider nub weapons. It's removing them so certain players can create an environment to their favor. That's a cheese move and is also against the rules for a ranked server.

Leave a comment:

• Killerus
    replied

now now guys i know we have not had a good flame fest lately but lets stay in topic. It's not about removing weapons for skill reasons or what some would consider nub weapons. It's removing them so certain players can create an environment to their favor. That's a cheese move and is also against the rules for a ranked server.

Leave a comment:

• sempf
    replied

if i want to play with skilled players i just join in on clanmod, that is more skill than you will find in most competive leauges i have seen. And why not learn the noobs how to shoot? they might even become good if you let them play clanmod style.

Leave a comment:

• TrooperJac
    replied

Sounds to me like this server is the haunt of gunship whores who want to fly around racking up kills in relative safety. On a map like Tampa, decent gunship pilots are very hard to deal with if they're organised. The SAAW is the one thing that really pisses them off.

This is why I disagree with 'rulez' on servers. It's all down to how people decide to interpret them. I think it should be everything goes, the rules are built into the mechanics of the game. Only glitching and hacking should be treated with instant kicks and lifetime bans. Their server, their rules is ********.

Any server that employs these nub tactics should be unranked.

Leave a comment:

• =)BiT(= Evant3k
    replied

Originally posted by sempf
    i think some weapons can be restricted( eg pk rockets) to create a more skilled envoirement. if you cant kill without those weapons you should learn how to aim properly and take cover. But there is a big exception, if you want to imbalance the game (take out saaw for example) then you are doing something wrong and it decreases the skill level in the server.
    Don't talk about skill in a pub. :thumbsup: You want a skilled environment? Sign up for a competitive league. You can take your own advice and learn to take cover, and adapt to the situation.

There shouldn't be any weapon restrictions for pubs. It's against the ROE, and we didn't buy the game to only use 80% of its content, just because someone that rents a server box wants us to play our game a certain way.

Leave a comment:

• sempf
    replied

i think some weapons can be restricted( eg pk rockets) to create a more skilled envoirement. if you cant kill without those weapons you should learn how to aim properly and take cover. But there is a big exception, if you want to imbalance the game (take out saaw for example) then you are doing something wrong and it decreases the skill level in the server.

Leave a comment:

• Killerus
    replied

any server that restricts weapon use of any kind are doing it because someone who owns the server is a big cry baby and their ego can't withstand being killed by said weapon. They also do it to provide a favorable environment for other clan members.

Bottom line is to just stay away from these servers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X