• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =MNKY=Frosty
    replied
    Re: 2500 Cheaters banned from Modern Warfare 2

Originally posted by stilla-killa
    Whats the point of wiping their stats when they can sit there and do the prestige hack all day long. Unless IW finds a way to stop prestige hacking then their only course of action is to ban the guys who do prestige hack.
    I thought they fixed it or something, well, they should probably find a way to stop them doing it, then wipe them!

Leave a comment:

• DarK'
    replied

People who rank to Level 70 10 Prestige, weren't the people who were banned, "Rank Hacking" is an unbannable offense, undetectable by VAC. (For Now)

Leave a comment:

• ch3ch3n
    Guest replied

2500 is nothing ther are 1 mil players playing this game currently

Leave a comment:

• =)BiT(= Evant3k
    replied

Did I mentioned Rank and Hack in the same sentence? I'm afraid not.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
    Also Vreki, I have been a big no lifer since mw2 came out and have played it pretty much everyday for 4/5 hours + (home working win), and I am about halfway through Prestige 2, I have seen a few Prestige 3's, and one person with prestige 4. Anything higher had just been through Rank hack (level 70, Prestige 10).
    Fair enough, I assumed dedicated no-lifers would have made it by now, but it could be harder than I thought.

And I dont really read the IW forums, they are so ugly they make my eyes hurt. And I suspect they also use some kind of p2p hosting

Leave a comment:

• stilla-killa
    replied

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
    People who have used the Rank Hack shouldn't be banned, but should at least have their stats wiped. I admit to using the Titan Glitch in 2142 (the one where you would switch seats over and over and get like 2k points in a round), I got Brig General in about 3 days, but after that went on to play for 500+ hours, only then did I have my stats wiped.

I don't want to see someone who has used this rank hack have their stats wiped after completing x amount of challenges and getting x amount of callsigns, because I know how it feels.

Also Vreki, I have been a big no lifer since mw2 came out and have played it pretty much everyday for 4/5 hours + (home working win), and I am about halfway through Prestige 2, I have seen a few Prestige 3's, and one person with prestige 4. Anything higher had just been through Rank hack (level 70, Prestige 10).

Whats the point of wiping their stats when they can sit there and do the prestige hack all day long. Unless IW finds a way to stop prestige hacking then their only course of action is to ban the guys who do prestige hack.

Leave a comment:

• =MNKY=Frosty
    replied

People who have used the Rank Hack shouldn't be banned, but should at least have their stats wiped. I admit to using the Titan Glitch in 2142 (the one where you would switch seats over and over and get like 2k points in a round), I got Brig General in about 3 days, but after that went on to play for 500+ hours, only then did I have my stats wiped.

I don't want to see someone who has used this rank hack have their stats wiped after completing x amount of challenges and getting x amount of callsigns, because I know how it feels.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralPatton
    replied

Originally posted by Vreki
    A) If they use a rank hack then they are per definition hackers. small-time crooks compared to others, but they still match the definitive. Besides I doubt if the majority of Aimbotters does much more work
    You Open a Program, Press a Button and get instant aimbot.

B) Who said that they banned fake prestige classes? I had the impressions that they were banning actual hackers.
    I am not sure that they can even detect them any more, legit L10 prestige must be around now.
    Actual Hackers pay for hacks. :laugh: (Or ones that VAC won't automatically detect). Prestige Hack can be found all over YouTube, or even Google for Free. That means, even little 12 year olds can go to school and tell all their friends they are Prestige 10...till they get banned and cry to daddy.

And no, there are no Legit Prestige 10 people out there ... it is Impossible at the moment. Consider leveling up to 70 ... 10 times. 700 times you leveld up. Read the IW Forums, they have stated they will be banning Prestige 10 Accounts.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
    What I find sad is the cheer going on about banning the Prestige 10 Accounts. I could hardly call these people hackers if all they used was the Rank Hack.

-----------CUT--------------

While they were busy banning silly Prestige Accounts, I ended up joining game after game (Seriously, all day) with Aimbotters. One guy even somehow had Binds setup to spam a Hack Site while 2 people on his team just Aimbotted the crap out of us. (Pistol Headshots from across Derail)

Could also be a money ploy, find a reason to ban people who have done something they normally shouldn't be able to do, and then force them to re-buy the game. :yay:
    A) If they use a rank hack then they are per definition hackers. small-time crooks compared to others, but they still match the definitive. Besides I doubt if the majority of Aimbotters does much more work
    You Open a Program, Press a Button and get instant aimbot.

B) Who said that they banned fake prestige classes? I had the impressions that they were banning actual hackers.
    I am not sure that they can even detect them any more, legit L10 prestige must be around now.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralPatton
    replied

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    ^^^

This.
    W00T :yay:

:salute:

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

^^^

This.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralPatton
    replied

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
    Then you play once a week for 2 hours, for 6 months until you reach the rank you wish to get. Nobody said that you need to get to lvl 70 in the first couple of weeks of playing the game. It's sad that people can't set a personal goal for themselves and get to lvl 70 without cheating.
    What I find sad is the cheer going on about banning the Prestige 10 Accounts. I could hardly call these people hackers if all they used was the Rank Hack. You Open a Program, Press a Button and get Level 70 Prestige 10. I think skilled people are more of a hack than these people simply because they tend to kill you more. >_>. I don't see any proof that these 2,500 bans were people with the Prestige Hack, and using actual Hacks. -_-

Seriously, they get all the guns that the game has given us. Whoopty Doo! If you feel that because they have a Golden Skull Icon next to their name classifies them as a hack when they set off a Nuke, you better be more sure they have REAL Hacks in there and it isn't just someone with skill who decided to use the Prestige Hack.

The Rank Hack technically doesn't give someone any advantage over the next. (It shouldn't, or else that would mean the game is unbalanced for higher ranks compared to lower ranks). Because people decided to not fall for IW's (Or Activision's) scam to make people play the game longer by resetting their unlocks and throw them back at Rank 1 all because of a silly icon and a new Custom Class for 10x doesn't make these people hackers. It means either they are smart, or lazy.:dead:

By the time I heard about the hack, I was already at Level 70 and am not doing Prestige so it's useless to me, but, I could definitely see the want/need for extra custom classes. A clanmate of mine was using the Prestige Hack up to this past week when they announced they'd be banning accounts, and he doesn't "hack" but sets off Nukes all the time, as do I. Icon's mean nothing ... Skill is where it counts.

Instead of flaunting a number of "Hackers" banned, VAC/IW ..whoever, should focus on the Aimbotters, Wall Hackers and all the other crap they have out there.
    -Auto Aim
    -Texture Blocking
    -Tells when someone is aiming at you
    -And probably much more.

While they were busy banning silly Prestige Accounts, I ended up joining game after game (Seriously, all day) with Aimbotters. One guy even somehow had Binds setup to spam a Hack Site while 2 people on his team just Aimbotted the crap out of us. (Pistol Headshots from across Derail)

Could also be a money ploy, find a reason to ban people who have done something they normally shouldn't be able to do, and then force them to re-buy the game. :yay:

Leave a comment:

• jesus
    replied

I wouldn't be surprising if the majority of the hackers were in it just to piss everybody off, including IW. When a hacker comes in and makes his hacks really obvious, he's doing it to make people rage and cry. When they try to hide it they're genuinely trying to make up for their lack of skill.

Leave a comment:

• =)BiT(= Evant3k
    replied

I understand what you are saying here but thats only a shame if people have the time to actually play through the game.

If you are middle aged with a new kid and work to attend to everyday you dont really get the time to play a lot and so hacking for them isnt really what i would consider sad.
    Then you play once a week for 2 hours, for 6 months until you reach the rank you wish to get. Nobody said that you need to get to lvl 70 in the first couple of weeks of playing the game. It's sad that people can't set a personal goal for themselves and get to lvl 70 without cheating.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

I understand what you are saying here but thats only a shame if people have the time to actually play through the game.

If you are middle aged with a new kid and work to attend to everyday you dont really get the time to play a lot and so hacking for them isnt really what i would consider sad.
    The sad part is that they think reaching 70/10 is the important part, instead of the fun of getting there.
    And I doubt very much they are old hardworking people with kids (Hey! thats me ). They are a bunch of kids with need for instant gratification, who are already now googling for "exploit" and "overpowered unbalanced gun".

Are they hurting anyone? Not as long as they are a minority, but the game will suffer if all you see as a newbie are 70/10 players blowing you away with akimbo 1887s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X