X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minmaster
    replied
    Re: red dot vs holographic sights

i still can't stand ACOG. just adds more recoil since you're zoomed in more.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

The two sights seems to be redundant in MW2.
    I have now been using the SCAR-H and AUG exclusively with Iron Sights for a while, and have no problems at all with hitting at long range.

IN COD4 they added an accuracy bonus, but that doesnt seem to be the case here.

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

At least IW made the ACOG worth something.

It was good in COD4 but it lacked so much! I still use it all the time, shame they can't patch MW2's in.

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

The M16 has good sights so its not really worth taking up a scope unless its the thermal or the ACOG so i agree that i would usually take scavenger and my silencer.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Field
    replied

if it is holo vs. dot i would go with the dot.

Leave a comment:

• Cantina_Fly
    replied

Originally posted by bradino27
    I'm not voting because I don't use any scopes except Thermal once in awhile and ACOG to unlock the Thermal. I would rather use just the silencer with Scavenger than to use a silencer + something else with Bling.
    This.

With all the other attachments I could take, I'd rather pick a weapon with a better iron sight then waste me attachment slot on a sight. The ACOG/Thermal being the exception.

And overall, the iron sights in MW2 are a lot better then MW1. I hated the M4/M16 sights in MW1 but had zero issues using the M4 sights in MW2 (haven't unlocked the M16 yet.)

Leave a comment:

• bradino27
    replied

I'm not voting because I don't use any scopes except Thermal once in awhile and ACOG to unlock the Thermal. I would rather use just the silencer with Scavenger than to use a silencer + something else with Bling.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Field
    replied

havent played too much yet i think im lvl 6 or something but unlocked the red dot for the famas, it DOES give you a bit higher level of ease with precision targeting over the ironsights though irons have a higher fun factor to them for some reason

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

The holographic sight is clearer than the red dot sight. I would go for the holographic. I'm sure it has other advantages other than being so beautiful to look at compared to that little piece of metal the red dot is.

Leave a comment:

• RYKUU
    replied

Stat-wise it doesn't according to CoD and I would tend do to agree, you don't notice anymore accuracy with it then without it.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

As far as I remeber, the sights gave an acuracy bonus in COD4.
    Has anybody noticed if that is the case in MW2 too?

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

For me i use the red dot simply because it doesnt take up as much space on my screen and i feel closer to it than the holo.

Leave a comment:

• RYKUU
    replied

Originally posted by Minmaster
    yeah RPD and AUG HBAR have amazing iron sights. may be the best in the game.
    Really? I use the Aug a fair bit now, but I reckon its iron sight is pretty bad, I will give it another go knowing this now.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

yeah RPD and AUG HBAR have amazing iron sights. may be the best in the game.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowX8001
    replied

For me RED DOT IS A MUST if the weapon has bad Iron sights. If i dont use it i lose the target because iron sights or holo blocks all my damn view. RED DOT is very tiny all over and is perfect! Like i wont use it on the RPD cause its iron sights is awesome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X