red dot vs holographic sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: red dot vs holographic sights

Also, (I'm assuming you're using the same weapons in both screenies) look how much lower the weapon's held with a HS compared to a RDS so there's less clunky metal in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
      Also, (I'm assuming you're using the same weapons in both screenies) look how much lower the weapon's held with a HS compared to a RDS so there's less clunky metal in your face.
      Yes, they are both on the SCAR-H.
      I thought there might be some difference in how fast you can bring up the sights, or maybe in the grouping of shots. But I can see nothing measurable.

Comment

I don't like the red dot that much. I find it to "simple", there must be more but I don't know how to say it. I prefer he holo as i feel it allows you to have more view under the aimer compared to the red-dot. This is just personal preference.

Comment

lol nobody really knows why but they like holographic?
          red dot, it obstructs the view less.

Comment

Holographic works better for me, exactly why I haven't analyzed. Maybe the crosshairs coming into the dot focus my aim? Personally, I don't buy the less obstructed view as a reason to use RDS. Some ironsights obstruct a good portion of my view, but I can use some of them easier than RDS. It's all in the way the sight helps you pick up the target imho.

Comment

I like the holographic better too... *shrug*

Comment

Voted Holo, but its all about the new ACOG...much better then the pointless cone in COD4 (love the cone IRL).

Comment

For me RED DOT IS A MUST if the weapon has bad Iron sights. If i dont use it i lose the target because iron sights or holo blocks all my damn view. RED DOT is very tiny all over and is perfect! Like i wont use it on the RPD cause its iron sights is awesome.

Comment

yeah RPD and AUG HBAR have amazing iron sights. may be the best in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      yeah RPD and AUG HBAR have amazing iron sights. may be the best in the game.
                      Really? I use the Aug a fair bit now, but I reckon its iron sight is pretty bad, I will give it another go knowing this now.

Comment

For me i use the red dot simply because it doesnt take up as much space on my screen and i feel closer to it than the holo.

Comment

As far as I remeber, the sights gave an acuracy bonus in COD4.
                          Has anybody noticed if that is the case in MW2 too?

Comment

Stat-wise it doesn't according to CoD and I would tend do to agree, you don't notice anymore accuracy with it then without it.

Comment

The holographic sight is clearer than the red dot sight. I would go for the holographic. I'm sure it has other advantages other than being so beautiful to look at compared to that little piece of metal the red dot is.

Comment

havent played too much yet i think im lvl 6 or something but unlocked the red dot for the famas, it DOES give you a bit higher level of ease with precision targeting over the ironsights though irons have a higher fun factor to them for some reason

Comment

Working...
                                X