X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RangerXML
    replied
    Re: red dot vs holographic sights

Voted Holo, but its all about the new ACOG...much better then the pointless cone in COD4 (love the cone IRL).

Leave a comment:

• Kylee!
    replied

I like the holographic better too... *shrug*

Leave a comment:

• Nate556
    replied

Holographic works better for me, exactly why I haven't analyzed. Maybe the crosshairs coming into the dot focus my aim? Personally, I don't buy the less obstructed view as a reason to use RDS. Some ironsights obstruct a good portion of my view, but I can use some of them easier than RDS. It's all in the way the sight helps you pick up the target imho.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

lol nobody really knows why but they like holographic?
    red dot, it obstructs the view less.

Leave a comment:

• RYKUU
    replied

I don't like the red dot that much. I find it to "simple", there must be more but I don't know how to say it. I prefer he holo as i feel it allows you to have more view under the aimer compared to the red-dot. This is just personal preference.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by groundedzero
    Also, (I'm assuming you're using the same weapons in both screenies) look how much lower the weapon's held with a HS compared to a RDS so there's less clunky metal in your face.
    Yes, they are both on the SCAR-H.
    I thought there might be some difference in how fast you can bring up the sights, or maybe in the grouping of shots. But I can see nothing measurable.

Leave a comment:

• groundedzero
    replied

Also, (I'm assuming you're using the same weapons in both screenies) look how much lower the weapon's held with a HS compared to a RDS so there's less clunky metal in your face.

Leave a comment:

• Spik3d
    replied

Judging by the images, the holographic sight looks better. The center dot's smaller which would make it more accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

if you like the red dot then vote!

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

Red dot, the holographic's outer circle is useless to me and just blocks my view.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
    Invasion, just right in one of the corners, the corner near the big house thing.
    Yes, you can see the HMMMMMMMMMMMV convoy on the minimap

Leave a comment:

• =MNKY=Frosty
    replied

Originally posted by Minmaster
    yeah depth of field is annoying as hell as it blurs out everything outside of your aim. i turned mine off quick like i did with COD4.

but good point about holographic being bigger/thicker obstructing view more than red dot. btw, what map is that vreki?
    Invasion, just right in one of the corners, the corner near the big house thing.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Same screenshot without depth of field. I can see the difference, but doubt that I will notice it while playing.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

yeah depth of field is annoying as hell as it blurs out everything outside of your aim. i turned mine off quick like i did with COD4.

but good point about holographic being bigger/thicker obstructing view more than red dot. btw, what map is that vreki?

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by Kodakk
    OT: Why in the world would you play with depth of field on?
    I just play with default settings, so I havent really thought much about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X