• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It is not a port!!! (pic)

That's pathetic...

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961
      PC games don't have any formal approval process; that was a PC instruction booklet.
      Incorrect good sir. PC goes through a submissions process just like consoles do, it goes through the ESRB among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]MAJ.Juno{XX}
        Incorrect good sir. PC goes through a submissions process just like consoles do, it goes through the ESRB among other things.
        Who takes cares of things like these, besides the individual companies and publishers? I doubt it's the ESRB looking out for invalid button callouts.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]MAJ.Juno{XX}
          I'm afraid not. The ESRB is not a required step; it would highly stunt sales if the game did not have an ESRB rating, but it is not required for a game to go to market (See indie PC games).

Additionally, the ESRB does not review game materials for correctness, only for content in relation to an age-appropriate rating.

Comment

ROFL, that's pathetic. Way to go

Comment

this is why i got an xbox

Comment

Originally posted by TrudgiN
                this is why i got an xbox
                So you can have a port?

What I think is ironic is the game is made and designed on PC first then ported to Xbox then ported back to PC.

By the time it gets to PC/PS3 its been ported twice.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  So you can have a port?

What I think is ironic is the game is made and designed on PC first then ported to Xbox then ported back to PC.

Crunch
                  nonono so we actually get recognized instead of getting hashed imports and post product support and **** like dat

Comment

PC Games with the Microsoft Games for Windows logo's on them have to go through Microsoft for certification. One thing I have noticed is Microsoft is not being as strict as they should be and let bad games slide though with obvious critical problems.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      So you can have a port?

Crunch
                      Not quite.

PC/XBox development, because of the way the XNA game framework is handled, can be done in parallel, so "porting" code isn't really necessary. My guess is they actually designed the XBox 360 version first using a PC to do the coding, then just did a few tricks inside XNA and pumped out the PC version with a few mouse clicks.

Comment

Working...
                      X