• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StoneCold313
    replied
    Re: Assassin's Creed II Localization Question

^^

Yeah, the middle man is the missing piece...

Leave a comment:

• ItazuraStrikesAgain!
    replied

So, it would appear now that all I need to do is find a middle man I can pay to buy the game and ship it to me... this is starting to be the most expensive game I've ever bought (And I pre-ordered MW2 Prestige!)

But, hey, it will make my wife feel like the coolest chick at the office so it is worth it

Leave a comment:

• StoneCold313
    replied

Originally posted by ItazuraStrikesAgain!
    Oh man StoneCold, I knew you were on my friends list for a reason ^_^
    Glad i could help you out atleast on some part of your quest to get the Black Edition...

And if someone is wondering.

The only thing what is (usually) different in the games ordered from outside your region, is the covers and the localization.

For example the NHL 09 what i ordered from Canada had French and English text on the covers and the game was in English...

Leave a comment:

• ItazuraStrikesAgain!
    replied

Oh man StoneCold, I knew you were on my friends list for a reason ^_^

Well, now I know I CAN play it... once I get an HD TV. The only thing stopping me now is actually ordering the thing. guess I need to see if I know anyone with British friends that would help a guy out. It could really work in their favor if they have a pay-pal account.

Leave a comment:

• StoneCold313
    replied

^^

Yeah...

* Apperantly Play.com doesn't deliver to US, so my first suggestion doesn't work... *

Leave a comment:

• [10MD]F|1LT.Juno
    replied

Then there you go, if the games are region free it doesnt really matter, as that means the ps3 upscales or downscales the resoloution accordingly. As I mentioned, I was basing my experience off my testing at EA where the games where not production versions.

Leave a comment:

• StoneCold313
    replied

^^

In that case, i would have to say that you are wrong. Atleast on some parts.

I have ordered games from Canada, and they have all worked on my PAL PS3.

When it comes to PS3 games, they are all region free. But movies are not.

And about play.com...

I did some diggin, and i found this

Originally posted by HeavenlyGuardian
    Originally posted by sp1cychick3n
    Holy Crap! Thanks for this. I was about to get it from Amazon but I'll probably get it from here. Edit: I just saw this: PAL: Will play on UK and European Playstation3 only. Is this true? I thought it would be region free.
    Yep it should be alright aS THE PS3 IS REGION FREE for games

Leave a comment:

• [10MD]F|1LT.Juno
    replied

That would be correct stonecold.

A PAL Disc can only be played on a PAL machine

An NTSC disc can only be played on an NTSC machine.

As for the OP, if you have a US PS3 thats a good thing, as NTSC discs should be readily available to you.

However, its possible the PS3 ignores regions now (I dont know , I dont own one, im only speaking from past experience) You also needed to have a PAL tv for a PAL system because of the resoloution differences.

Leave a comment:

• StoneCold313
    replied

Originally posted by [11AD]A|PFC.Juno{XX}
    PAL is PAL, will not play on a NTSC PS3. (Unless there has been modification to the Ps3 or an update released since I last used one)

At EA we tested on NTSC and PAL machines, as there are different versions of all the games, and they are quite different in some cases.
    Ok, so let me get this straight...

You are saying that PAL games doesn't work on a PS3 what is bought from the US?

And from that i get the idea that NTSC games doesn't work on an European PS3. Right?

Leave a comment:

• ItazuraStrikesAgain!
    replied

See, my confusion came when I found multiple stories online where someone either

A) Lived in England and bought a US PS3 (for whatever reason)

-or-

B) Moved from America to a PAL country and brought their PS3 with them.

Regardless of these findings I've got two out of two responses that lead me towards the kingdom of screwed.

:s

Thanks for your help guys. It seems that I will have to let my wife down.

Anyone know when the English will forgive us for that whole Revolution deal? :P

It sucks that we can't get a preorder as awesome as this.

Leave a comment:

• [10MD]F|1LT.Juno
    replied

PAL is PAL, will not play on a NTSC PS3. (Unless there has been modification to the Ps3 or an update released since I last used one)

At EA we tested on NTSC and PAL machines, as there are different versions of all the games, and they are quite different in some cases.

Leave a comment:

• ItazuraStrikesAgain!
    replied

All the underlines words in my original post are hyperlinks

I believe the Japanese also use NTSC formating... not 100% positive, but I believe it to be true. I think the only thing that stopped us from just popping in disks in the past has been the regional restrictions on DVD.

Oh man, say it isn't so... this isn't looking good for me

Leave a comment:

• Yukiism
    replied

Is this what you're looking for: http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStatio...n/Product.html

At the bottom it says: ''Will play on EU PS3's only''
    But last time I checked the PS3 was region free; people said they were playing a Japanese Demon's Souls game. Since the store is saying the game will only play I won't take the risk.

To answer your second question: No, I don't think they send to the US. See here: http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Help.html?page=del

I also tried looking for the Black Edition on Amazon for you but I had no success, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Assassin's Creed II Localization Question

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I've been on but I'll cut the formalities for now and get to the point. my wife wants this... BAD. So, what could the issue be? Well, we live in the U.S. Our current dominating video game retailer (Game Stop) does not offer this particular edition- they have a special edition but it does not contain the shines that she wants. I have been doing some research today and I am getting some half or suspect information. I have decided to plead to some people I trust so, here are my questions:

(1) Living in America, the format of our media is NTSC. However, European (including UK) games are in the PAL format. From what I have found, I believe that my US PS3 is capable of playing PAL format games- as long as I play them in HD. Apparently PAL SD resolution is 576i compared to our inferior 480i resolution (go figure, even their low-grade TV is better :P). So, my wife wants this game and I want a new TV to bask in my PS3's HD glory- this might work out well for the both of us. Anyway, the question is "is this true?" Will I be able to play this game on my US PS3? I was kind of worried when I looked at the Play.com website on this product and saw "Region PAL: Will play on UK and European Playstation3 only".

(2) My second question (if anyone knows)- "is it possible to get PLAY.com to ship to North America?" I crawled their site and they state that they offer free shipping to select countries outside the UK. However, I could not find pricing for shipping to North America. I'd hate for this to put a big fat X on my plans, perhapses I could work out a 3rd party deal with someone if that was the case?

I know I have a lot of bothers and sisters across the waters on this forum and I hope you guys can help me out. I'd really like to know this stuff before I go dropping $120.00 on a game... especially considering I'm buying MW2: Prestige in the same month. :hmm:

Thanks in advance
Working...
X