Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six days in fallujah -Dead or alive?

Hey everyone, remember this:

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

I am just wondering if it is dead (canceled) or still ongoing? i think from what i have read of the description in wiki that the game sounds awesome.

Re: Six days in fallujah -Dead or alive?

Konami pulled out of it a while ago, so I assume its cancelled, they may be looking for another publisher though.

Comment

Oh i hope that another publisher will pick it up sounds really interesting to play.

Comment

bawdyjane was at a conference where the developers spoke about the game after konami pulled out as publisher.
        Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

i for one love that the game is going to be based on real events

Comment

For being someone that was actually in this battle.. I would like to see it released.. but will be a tough game for me to play. I may not even want to play it.

heres a few links of info about the actual battle.

Comment

I think what Grunt says is probably right with most who was in the actual battle same goes for those who was in the other operations that have been represented throughout the years in videogames (and in films somewhat).

I really like games that are based on history because I am a history buff and I want to know more about things like this through interaction (watching the history channel/military channel just doesnt do it for me).

I think that it will receive a large blacklash from those very conservative groups who pressured Konami (a Japanese company) to drop the title. I remember Kuma wars received a lot of controversy as well but because it is based on history as opposed to bf2, cod4, etc I am much more interested in it.

Comment

I hope it's cancelled. I have no problem with a game based around non-specific events, but something like this needs to wait a year or two. People are still coming back injured and dying in regions close to Fallujah, it's just very insensitive for anyone involved.

I know a lot of people complain "oh but you don't have to play it", but even so, unless you've been directly or indirectly involved, it shouldn't matter. If we were to go by the same theme, why not make a game where you have to escape the Twin Towers before they collapse on you. Same idea...

Comment

I would for one like a game based on the trade center, if it was in good taste obviously. (Ie as a first responder helping victims)

Comment

I am somewhat of a history buff as well, i hope i don't come off as insensitive but this would be an okay game given the thought of releasing it a little later than it should like Alex suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
                    I would for one like a game based on the trade center, if it was in good taste obviously. (Ie as a first responder helping victims)
                    But, then you lose and the towers collapse killing everyone. Is that not a little dark and insensitive?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                      I hope it's cancelled. I have no problem with a game based around non-specific events, but something like this needs to wait a year or two. People are still coming back injured and dying in regions close to Fallujah, it's just very insensitive for anyone involved.

I know a lot of people complain "oh but you don't have to play it", but even so, unless you've been directly or indirectly involved, it shouldn't matter. If we were to go by the same theme, why not make a game where you have to escape the Twin Towers before they collapse on you. Same idea...
                      yes comments can be and are mostly biased in favor of the west but i like the fact you almost mention it:salute: .Arabs get killed every day for nothing,in fact much more than americans .WMDs?Terrorism?follow of a cliff like sheep?.

No wonder they cancelled its almost a racist game

the Iraq war was almost a crime in itself
                      Wars are faught for old senile men by young foolish men:shakehead:

Comment

Working...
                      X