Assassin's Creed II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin's Creed II

I received my Game Informer a week or so ago, and its cover story was on the upcoming sequel to Assassin's Creed. I personally loved the concept and overall gameplay strategy behind the first Assassin's Creed, but, like many, I found the game to become repetitive all too often. However, the idea of being an agile, blade-wielding assassin was still one of my true wishes in terms of video game concepts.

In Assassin's Creed II, from what I read, they've focused on eliminating much of the repetitiveness that was found in the first game. There is no longer one central location to find missions, and each mission/objective you choose to take is carried out in a different way. Also, with improved graphics and the ability to have dual-hidden blades the game is sure to be an improvement.

I don't have a full list of changes, but from what I read, the team has focused on improving what gamers didn't like in the first game - such as its repetitive nature as I previously mentioned - and it's definitely one of the top games on my list to purchase in the upcoming months.

So, what have you guys heard, and what are your opinions on the game (both I and II)?

Re: Assassin's Creed II

First one was great fun, even though it was repetitive - it was still good.

I loved the level design, the fact that you could climb up everywhere and jump down on guards and slice there throat open in various different ways, was just awesome... :lol:

Will probably get the second one, or my bro might get it for PS3...

Comment

Yeah I fell in love with the first one, the whole 'go anywhere' concept. I liked that.
      But yeah it really did get repetetive, how you had to do a very similar mission, just in a slightly different city.. But I loved in none-the-less, and am looking forward to this!

Comment

Yeah, the new one is also said to have more "connected" cities. In the past game, you had to travel over those huge expanses to get from city to city, and that distance has been eliminated or at least toned down. I believe they also mentioned that you would have a reputation in each city, where guards would be more alert depending on your activity in the area.

Comment

Enjoyed the first one dispite its repetitiveness.

I hope there is a PC - Console simultaneous release this time around.

Comment

First one had a great story line and I am glad I picked it up. I had a lot of fun with it. I like the changes with the second one. Hopefully that will make the game more replayable.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Loved the first game and got it a few weeks ago in a bargain bucket for about $30 (£15) and the story was amazing. Yes, it was repetitive but the story helped you look past that aspect of it.

Comment

I never finished it or got into it as much as I should have, mainly because there were other games out there (damn you Call of Duty 4!) and its repetitive nature. Like I said, hopefully we'll see that fixed in the next installment, and if it is I'll gladly pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                X