Battlefield Heroes opening this Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Heroes opening this Summer

Anyone and everyone will get the chance to play DICE's cartoony, free-to-play Battlefield spin-off in the next few months.

It seems like every time I've seen Battlefield Heroes at one EA event or another, it's been on the verge of actually, finally coming out. EA and DICE have been talking up this cartoonish, free-to-play spin-off of the core Battlefield series for well over a year now, but the date for open sign-ups--which will effectively serve as the release date--keeps slipping back.

Now, EA reps assure us Heroes' open beta will really, truly begin within the somewhat nebulous period of "summer," which I'm guessing translates into "sometime in the next four months." They say they'll provide a more specific date in the next couple of weeks.

That's good news, because what I've played of Heroes so far is good, clean fun that hearkens back to the early days of Battlefield: players riding on the wings of planes, dudes getting blown sky-high by tanks blasts, all that kind of silliness. The big unknown with Heroes is how EA will handle the microtransactions that support the game's continued availability. Convenience items like double experience points are one thing, but I hope we don't see people running around with bigger, better guns just because they opted to throw down some coin.

Re: Battlefield Heroes opening this Summer

Well that's what they said last time. I'll believe them when it's out.

Comment

lol. After all this time, expecting something more polished than halo

Comment

And It'll still be a beta. Dice must party a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
          And It'll still be a beta. Dice must party a lot.
          If people lined up to treat your turds like shiny pieces of gold, you'd party a lot too.

Comment

I just got a beta key from this site. Thanks!

Comment

omg and still a beta! i talked to them at nvsion '08 and it was supposed to be out around then. A year later and still no go...

Comment

Originally posted by mojoman0
                omg and still a beta! i talked to them at nvsion '08 and it was supposed to be out around then. A year later and still no go...
                The may call it a Beta, but keys are public available now so the difference between this and the release is negligible.

Comment

Working...
                X