Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red vs Blue: 10000 Gamerscore in 7 days!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red vs Blue: 10000 Gamerscore in 7 days!?

As of 10am CST, Geoff, of Red vs Blue fame, began his attempt at acquiring 10,000 Gamerscore in 7 days. Burnie, also from RvB, took him up on a bet to commemorate the occasion.
    At stake (other than pride/shame) in "The Bet" is up to a $1000 prize for either Geoff or Burnie. Rules are as follows:
    If Geoff reaches 9000 Gs, he then begins earning a dollar from Burnie for every point thereafter, up to 10000 Gs.
    If Geoff falls short, Burnie earns one dollar less per point, from 8000 Gs on.
    If Geoff only hits 5000 Gs, then Burnie instantly wins $1000.

This is quite an epic undertaking on the part of Geoff, Burnie, and Rooster Teeth. I hope everyone keeps track of the week-long action in this lull between Christmas and New Year's. Geoff seems pretty certain that he'll finish at least half of the challenge in the first 72 hours, while Burnie thinks he is simply too lazy.

For the next week, track DGgeoff's Gamerscore at:
    MGC.net - DGgeoff

You can check out the 40-minute "podcast"(/drunken ramblings) detailing "The Bet" in the Dec. 16th post, plus more antics from the guys at Rooster Teeth, Here.

Also, here is Geoff's Journal on Rooster Teeth where it seems likely he might update.

*******He started with 44,887Gs*******

Re: Red vs Blue: 10000 Gamerscore in 7 days!?

Certainly do-able with $1000's worth of games.

edit: Oh didn't say he was doing it on his existing gamertag. That's gonna make it so much harder. :P Gl to him.

Comment

10000 GS? THAT OVER 9000!!!

but man thats hard i average 1000/year lmao

Comment

To track another person's score, we need an account. That's lame as hell. Too lazy to care anyway.

Comment

Comment

How are we supposed to tell which points came from this 10000 advent? This account already has a 45000+ total. I thought he would start on a new account, so this rise would be obvious. Can people erase their gamerscore?

Comment

Originally posted by randomduded12 View Post
              How are we supposed to tell which points came from this 10000 advent? This account already has a 45000+ total. I thought he would start on a new account, so this rise would be obvious. Can people erase their gamerscore?
              *He started with 44,887Gs*
              Sorry about that slip...

Originally posted by Nike View Post
              10000 GS? THAT OVER 9000!!!

but man thats hard i average 1000/year lmao
              Indeed. I'm mid-transfer from 20GB HD to 120GB HD and I was pondering how devastated I would be if I lost my 12,000Gs. I've averaged 4,000 a year and I feel pretty damn proud lol.

He's up to almost 3,000! Ridiculous!

Originally posted by CaptainKirk View Post
              Thanks, I edited the post. Still try to find the best way to do stuff and I forgot about the account thing. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by [25H]V|Olt.Avr View Post
                Certainly do-able with $1000's worth of games.

edit: Oh didn't say he was doing it on his existing gamertag. That's gonna make it so much harder. :P Gl to him.
                Haha for sure.

No reusing the old "easy-achievement" games like Harry potter or surf's up.

Comment

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 gs and I've had the 360 since it came out. I really don't play it much and I only play 2 games (GoW and Halo 3).

Comment

He did it. 10020 Gs in one week. It actually didn't look that hard, given the games he has played and the games he played to get the achievement. But who has the time?

Comment

Working...
                    X