X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NQ Sonic
    Guest replied
    Re: *Sigh* Power Level Servers...

Good advice, Whiskey. Unfortunately, I went into Prestige mode before I read your reply. I did, however, find a way to have a little fun on a 2500XP server with about 30 people after I reduced myself to "noob" status. I took the default Thompson noob loadout and started playing. I played 2 maps worth of Sabotage with that loadout and, of course, was back to level 65. I finished in the top 5 in every round and had about a 1.5:1 K/D ratio (average for me). Every other swingin' richard in that server was Prestige level 10. Now I'm not a great player and I'm not saying the Thompson is a lame weapon, but it was a bit of a challenge considering I was up against all the better weapons and perks. Seriously, the FG42 on double tap sends more lead down range than a modern day mini-gun! And that gas powered Russian sniper rifle might just as well have the Barrett's skin on it.

Anyway, I won't be clicking "PrestigeMode" again until the next patch comes out.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Whiskey
    replied

Originally posted by NQ Sonic View Post
    I really enjoyed the challenge of ranking up in CoD4 and now that's totally lost with WaW. What were the devs thinking when they decided to allow this?
    They didn't "decide" to allow it - it's just a (big) bug that got missed for whatever reason. Treyarch has mentioned that fixing this exploit is a priority...unfortunately, it's not happening fast enough.

In the meantime, if you enjoy the ranking-up process, just make a new profile and start again. Or, simply delete the profile name you have right now, then create it again (no one else will have that unique name, so the game should allow you to create it again after you erase it).

When you go looking for servers, avoid things in the name like "powerlevel", "rank up", "fast rank", etc. Most of them have some sort of clue like that in the name. Or, before you join a server, click the "Server Info" button at the bottom of the browser screen then look at the scores that different players have - if they're suspiciously high, that's probably a powerlevel server.

Leave a comment:

• rebel444
    replied

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
    Took me 33 minutes to go from rank 1 to rank 65 on one of those servers.
    Yeah..........but what a cheap thrill while it lasted. Wish they would have designed a more mobile tank though, other than that the game is fairly enjoyable. Gotta love torching people with the flamethrower.

Leave a comment:

• Basil.
    replied

It should be fixed in the next patch. I don't think they did it on purpose, its just one of those thing that slip bye.

Just do what i am doing, staying at 65 and when the patch comes out go prestige and start over.

Leave a comment:

• NQ Sonic
    Guest replied

I've been addicted to CoD4 mods so bad that I just finally bought this game Saturday morning. I finished the single player on Saturday and started tuning up MP Sunday morning. The second server I jumped into was a 3500 x XP server (I never read the name when I joined it nor did I know this was possible with WaW). After one round and, I think, maybe 26 kills I come out a level 65!?! I really enjoyed the challenge of ranking up in CoD4 and now that's totally lost with WaW. What were the devs thinking when they decided to allow this?

Leave a comment:

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied

I found that if you go to one with the points set too high, you can get an error. Something about game needs server command. So for my alt I went to a 1000 pt server for one round per prestige. Then I went to a 20k server for a few minutes to get to the next prestige. Rinse and repeat. Once I hit P10R1 I stopped and went to normal servers. I just wanted the custom slots for that account. So now I'm up to the 30s playing normal servers on that account.
    On my main account I'm at 65 playing normal servers and I'm not going to prestige.
    But yeah, if someone is playing for the enjoyment of ranking up, rapid-ranks will ruin the game very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• stilla-killa
    replied

Took me 33 minutes to go from rank 1 to rank 65 on one of those servers.

Leave a comment:

• [GCA]Tim270
    Guest replied

I have to agree, however it has certainly taken away someone of the fun from 'working' for the new unlocks etc, just feels really shallow cheating the rank system like this. Im going to start a new profile after 1.2. I dont really know what is going to be done, I mean whats the point in really fixing it if everyones rank is already right up there, its too late, or a global stats wipe, I would like the latter

Leave a comment:

• imported_Whiskey
    replied

Some of it is undoubtedly ego/wanting the level 10 Prestige icon, but I also think there's a significant number of people who just want to unlock the extra 5 create-a-class slots.

It's a bit of a strange situation, IMO. Of course, it would've been better had these servers/exploit not been possible...but for many people in COD4, they started to really relax and enjoy the game once they reached lvl 55 and stopped worrying about ranks, unlocks and such.

I wonder if the same could happen for COD:WW...patch v1.2 comes out, puts an end to powerlevel servers, fixes http redirect (hopefully) and people just start regularly "playing" again, both in ranked and custom map servers. I hope that's the case, at least.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Originally posted by JoMaMaz View Post
    Don't underestimate some people's e-pen0rs lol.
    LOL, I love that quote "e-pen0rs".

I was actually think more selfishly on myself. There are a TON of ego-gamers out there, thats for sure. Right now though, the more "sane" do not have a lot of options, like me

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• JoMaMaz
    replied

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
    I really dont think its an ego thing.
    Don't underestimate some people's e-pen0rs lol.

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
    Hopefully the majority of servers update. @_@
    There's still plenty of COD4 1.0 servers, and AFAIK there's few powerlevel servers in COD4 since you can just download a level 55 profile off some site.

Leave a comment:

• JoMaMaz
    replied

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
    Hard to say. When a new patch comes out, usually the majority of servers update to it (especially if there are fixes to server stability, which this patch might contain). So when v1.2 arrives, there are likely to be a much smaller number that stay on v1.0 to remain as powerlevel servers.

This might be a special case though, considering how "useful" the powerlevel servers are, and we may see a higher number of servers decide to stay at v1.0. If there's only a small number that stay as 1.0, they'll likely be quite full most of the time.
    Hopefully the majority of servers update. @_@

Killerus, nice post sir!

And the other day, I was atop the boards in a server, about 4:1 ratio, and there at the bottom was a prestige lvl 10 player with about 1:8 ratio lol. Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• Sober.
    Guest replied

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
    The people that already ranked fully up are still playing on power level servers because thats where the people are.

Also, not everyone is fully ranking up. I know an entire clan that has stopped prestiging until the 1.2 patch comes out. They, like many others, want to keep playing. To play you have to go where the people are. The people are at the power level servers. Ive seen prestige servers be almost full of people that are already level 10. Why? Because there are people there.

Thats it. You have four choices:

1. Stop playing.
    2. Rank up.
    3. Try to populate a non power server.
    4. Rank up to a certain point and then play with others an dont prestige.

I suppose a 5th choice would be to backup your profile the way it is now and play wherever you want and when the 1.2 patch comes out, put your profile back.

Anyway, I think thats whats going on because there are no reasons for Prestige 10 level 65 people to be playing on high points servers. I really dont think its an ego thing.

Crunch
    100% CORRECT!!! The squad I play with has a high point server not to rank up but to keep the server full and it works!!! It is nice to come home after a long day at work and jump into a full server with friends never having to worry about all getting on the same side, all getting in the same server and spending hours trying to get a server populated.

PLUS, the server has no UAV and Artillery, playing without UAV is so much nicer!!!

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

I didnt go to game-monitors or anything, but I just refreshed the server browser and set it to only show full servers and I get 57 servers with a ping of 150 or less.

In CoD4 I get 9.

Both with filters set to show the most populated servers possible and limited to dedicated servers.

How did you come up with 30?

Crunch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X