X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am feeling regret for buying CoDW@W

LOL OWNED

Re: I am feeling regret for buying CoDW@W

Join the club. The games hype died off like AoC. Shame shame.

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

No with hardcore you just have to edit one line to change the health... in CoD4 'stock' hardcore was linked to 30hp, but now it's not (which imo is better)

Just change this in your config:

set scr_player_maxhealth "100"

You could also tweak the health regen too:

set scr_player_healthregentime "4"

Comment

I dont know if I would blame the game for the beginning ignorance of how to setup a full hardcore server. Treyarch made a TON of things customizable and still leave the server ranked. All everyone did on CoD4 was gripe about how nothing could be turned off and keep rank. You had to take everything or nothing.

As for better guns with higher rank. I think thats how it should be. Why rank up if youre going to unlock crap? Also, Treyarch mentioned they put the better weapons at the top of the list because of prestige. It was designed to make you REALLY think do you really want to prestige up.

If I was going to sell the game, I would sell it for the things that are currently broken in it, like the command line stuff. Of course, that can all be patched up. Or the skins on the guns, if you are picky about that.

When CoD4 came out people loved it because it was different from the other cods, but in the end they wanted CoD2 or UO. Treyarch added a lot of stuff to try to accomplish that and people were mad because its not like CoD2 or UO but more like CoD4.

I think you have the right idea, just stick with CoD2 or UO. Personally, I dont understand why everyone wants a game made like a game thats already out. Just go get that game.

Anyway, now I am rambling on. I would get rid of it because of the broken stuff, graphics, or because its not the game I wanted it to be like. Not because admins dont know how to set stuff up yet or how the rank system was designed.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

^ I agree with Crunch above. Treyarch changed several of the things people complained about with COD4, only to have others complain that it's no longer the same as COD4.

No matter what, they can't please everyone, even if they have added in the options to better customize the game. Some folks should probably stick with older versions or other games.

Comment

I dont know if i would necessarily stoop to the point at which i would sell it, but im along for the ride not whole heatedly loving it. Some things i just cant figure out why in the world they did, didnt do, or didnt take the time to tweak to perfection. I think im going to start drawing up this laundry list i keep thinking about.

Comment

Sure they can't please everyone, but they have an entire forums (multiple forums) to get ideas off of, to see what people like/dislike. It goes with all games, I just have not seen any real effort from treyarch to actually outfit to the communities wants.

Comment

Thats basically every game maker, although i actually saw some changes that the community brought up this time. They should have brought the beta forward earlier though.

Comment

zomfg, 1000 posts. you are a god! not.

It's probably a general rule for every game maker to not actually go to the community, however there are some cases in which the game maker asked the community a question and than a week later adjusted..

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings

It's probably a general rule for every game maker to not actually go to the community, however there are some cases in which the game maker asked the community a question and than a week later adjusted..

zomfg, 521 posts. you are a god! not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings

Sweet another internet smart *** talking ****. This is just what ive got from experience bud, so dont get lippy. On various games ive followed closely, i havent seen the maker do crap, on this one i happened to see changes such as damage on the bolt action weapons, and other mandatory things like glitches, which now more are surfacing that i hope they fix soon.

Maybe if it was a general rule not to go to the community, they wouldent hire a Public Relations guy that goes forum to forum and thats his job, go figure.

Comment

So how about CoD6, eh? Nice try Treyarch...

Comment

Everyone get a pen and paper and write this down;

Unless Activision makes a different engine, CoD:6 is going to be very close to CoD4 and 5in ranks, gameplay, and perks.

CptainCrunch
                            November 27th 2008
                            12:30pm CST

Of course its rumored they are not going to make a CoD6, but something very different. So there may be an entirely new series.
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I was just being the "lame argument crasher." :rawr

Comment

Working...
                              X