• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tae
    Guest replied
    Re: BF2 Awards Flaw

Originally posted by cyan
    :shakehead:
    Kill/Death ratio is not an accurate representation of a player's skill at all.
    I would agree that this is the case for kit specific or the overall k/d ratio but all you have to do is look at weapon k/d ratio's to find a relevant assessment of someones skill (combat skill that is). For example if you're comparing two colonel medic's skill level look at the assault rifle k/d, if one guys at .98 and the other is at 3.08, I think its safe to say the guy with the 3 k/d ratio is a more skilled player when it comes to combat as a medic.

Leave a comment:

• waaah_wah
    replied

Originally posted by Rhino
    The only real stat that can reflect a players skill is his kill to death ratio and that only comes into skill of killing enemys and thats only a small part of the game.
    Actually, in vBF2 killing the enemy is a really huge part of the game.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Rhino
    replied

Originally posted by cyan
    Hence why I said.

The only real stat that can reflect a players skill is his kill to death ratio and that only comes into skill of killing enemys and thats only a small part of the game
    which I can see can be a little confusing, ie, what I mean that is the only stat that you can really tell skill by as all the others really dont show much in skill terms, but k/d is only really one skill area as there can be many things like commanding, SLing etc that for the most part cant be measured by stats.

Leave a comment:

• imported_cyan
    replied

People who play lots of commander obviously have very high KDRs. As do people who play the gunner in choppers, people who are very good pilots and tank drivers, and people who play often in squads of medics. These people (particularly the commander whores) are not necessarily high-skilled.

My KDR on days where I play infantry (which consists mostly of capping flags, reviving teammates, and doing other team-related activities) is usually around 1.5 to 2.0. But on days where I play commander or in a vehicle, it's closer to 5.0 or 6.0. The day I earned my expert air defense badge, I did it as commander. My KDR in that round was 35. 35 kills, 1 death. And almost no skill involved whatsoever...just looking at the map and clicking "artillery."

Lone wolves who don't like vehicles and do lots of team actions do not have high KDRs. That doesnt mean they don't have any skill. I think the best determinant of a player's skill is some average of KDR, SPM, accuracy, and the amount of variety in the roles he plays on the battlefield. (indicated by the diversity of awards the player has).

Leave a comment:

• imported_Rhino
    replied

the BF2 ranks are flawed for the players, but in fact its excatly what EA/DICE want. The ranks/awards and all of that have more or less NOTHING to do with skill, all they work on is time played, and that is really it. The more skill a player has the less time he has to spend to get the awards but still it stands, without the time played you still can't get any awards.

This keeps the players hooked onto the game and keeps them playing, because every player can get w/e award / ranky / unlock, all they need to do is spend the time playing it. How many rounds has any one played where you have in fact ended up with a negative score? none unless you are a raging TKer who just goes around being a tard but he will be kicked from the server before he gets anywhere anyways....

The only real stat that can reflect a players skill is his kill to death ratio and that only comes into skill of killing enemys and thats only a small part of the game.

So now with this grate ranking system, players no longer play for fun, they in fact play for there next rank... some may say that your playing for fun and your next rank, but I would like to see how many of you have been using a kit or something you wouldn't normally play with just to get your next rank?

Leave a comment:

• Lazza66
    Guest replied

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
    OK, that makes sense. Well it doesn't make sense but I see now. So basically your skills don't matter until you have the required time with that kit.
    And not only that kills you get while dead don't count toward the IAR kills requirement (e.g. mines, claymores, nades). This is because when you're dead you're kitless.

Leave a comment:

• waaah_wah
    replied

Yeah

Leave a comment:

• GunHappyBob
    replied

OK, that makes sense. Well it doesn't make sense but I see now. So basically your skills don't matter until you have the required time with that kit.

Leave a comment:

• Iwantcable
    replied

"In a round" stuff doesn't count until you get the hours required.

Leave a comment:

• GunHappyBob
    started a topic BF2 Awards Flaw

BF2 Awards Flaw

I'm probably late to mention this but even though I at current get about 40-45 kills a round none of my rewards reflect this. For instance I decided to use the F2000 all this week and all that requires is 20 kills a round for the veteran requirement. I can get about 40 kills a round on average yet this doesn't reflect on my award stats. This is the case with most of my awards I haven't received yet. It's as if I'm forced to just fill the required play times in order to get the rewards. For instance, the last 2 months My favorite kit has been the special forces kit because most of the guns in that kits are accurate with single shot.

On good days I can get 50 or 60 kills with spec forces yet, when I go to bf2s.com that requirement for 20 kills in a round for veteran and 40 kills for expert are not met.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

And yes I know if you look at my stats they aren't that great. I played the game for about 2 years and sucked and went to 2142. since I've came back ive erased my kd ration of like .7 kdr up to 1.1 and it is steadily climbing to a respectable level. My accuracy used to be like 13.5 and now it's up to 20.59. So I've improved enough to get most of the awards I chose to get but the requirements aren't being filled when I meet them.

It seems I got most of my awards in 2005-2006 and then I haven't gotten many since.
Working...
X