Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two new maps are very disappointing

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625 View Post
    You get killed by Gunships and Tanks when you're inside the Titan?
    you can get shot with missiles thought the hangar and crap. doesnt stop it being a good map just can be quiet gay some times

Comment

Originally posted by flanker1121 View Post
      Wake will never be what it was on BF2..without the gunships it'd stand more of a chance, and those titan AAs are annoying to say the least..
      No, 2142's wake will never be the same unbalanced **** that BF2's wake was. You're right about that.

/sarcasm

I love both maps, the AA on the PAC titan is slightly annoying but you can baserape those buggers anyway so I don't care

O. Shingle is massive, geez. It's a bit hard to get some teamwork going because everyone goes sniper as it is right now... will get better in a week or so hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeyezzz View Post
        BOOM.....outta here!!!:shock:
        ^^^ That's what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

I love both of the new maps and disagree with almost the entire original post. I don't know anything about the Leaderboard issue because I don't follow that stuff.

I think the Wake Island translation is a fitting tribute and is well laid-out. What a nice marriage of Titan and Conquest game modes it is! This is going to be one of those maps folks play 24/7.

Operation Shingle has a lot of geometry going on with all of those levels, towers and walls everywhere. It can feel a little laggy and needs a beefy server for the largest map.

Pushing the envelope is appropriate a year after release, right?

Both maps are Assault-type maps, so there are certain imbalances. That is the virtual warfare we know as the "Battlefield" experience... The majority of all Battlefield maps are Assault maps of one type or another where one side is at a disadvantage.

That is the "stress" element which forces game play to happen. Otherwise, we'd just have "trench warfare" where folks just set up a position and fire on the enemy. That can get boring...

Comment

Guys, you can happily debate on whether Shingle and Wake are good are not, but try not to turn it into a flame thread, putting down others opinions however stupid or inaccurate they may seem to you.

Personally, i haven't played Wake or Shingle so i can't really give an opinion as to what they play like. However, in all honesty, even though, I don't see eye to eye with some of their members, I can appreciate what the Sir. Community has done with Wake, they've taken an Institution of the Battlefield Franchise, and made it for the future, you guys would have had no Wake 2142 if it wasn't for them so at least show them and Jason Brice (creator of Shingle) a little respect for doing what no one else would.

I'm sure it can't have been easy making these maps, and fixing the bugs that come with them, as in all maps, especially with no editor, so my hat is off to the Jason and Sir.

Comment

I like them both. Shingle feels like a mini karkand and wake is wake but balanced...

I just wish they made wake an assault lines map. Too much fighting around the titan and not enough action on the other flags =/

Comment

I haven't played Wake yet, but Shingle is a great addition. It's a bit large for the 32 player crowd, but still plenty of action. I love that it gives snipers a strong presence, and this comes from a non-sniper. They now play a very significant role in controlling a map. Plus, Shingle has good balance of walkers, where they can go and plenty of places they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                ^^^ That's what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

I love both of the new maps and disagree with almost the entire original post. I don't know anything about the Leaderboard issue because I don't follow that stuff.

I think the Wake Island translation is a fitting tribute and is well laid-out. What a nice marriage of Titan and Conquest game modes it is! This is going to be one of those maps folks play 24/7.

Operation Shingle has a lot of geometry going on with all of those levels, towers and walls everywhere. It can feel a little laggy and needs a beefy server for the largest map.

Pushing the envelope is appropriate a year after release, right?

Both maps are Assault-type maps, so there are certain imbalances. That is the virtual warfare we know as the "Battlefield" experience... The majority of all Battlefield maps are Assault maps of one type or another where one side is at a disadvantage.

That is the "stress" element which forces game play to happen. Otherwise, we'd just have "trench warfare" where folks just set up a position and fire on the enemy. That can get boring...
                I agree, the stress element is just right for Shingle, prevents stalemates and camping for the entire round, CPs change hands quickly, but it's not like COD where everyone would run around with trench guns and there would be no standing still whatsoever. Shingle manages to be very fast paced yet retains the Battlefield gameplay.

Comment

Anzio is cool because lots of people take the sniper role and hide themselves away up towers and on balconies. This makes them perfect targets for the RDX shottie and I've had a lot of fun flushing them out recently.

What is the tactic on Wake? I admit I find the map confusing. If your PAC what is your main objective. Rushing the Titan? Is there any benefit in taking the Island flags?

Comment

As PAC you want to take and hold the flags for bleed. Trying to take the Titan can be costly.

Comment

The objective on every map is to win. How you do it is up to the strategy your team devises before the round begins. Capping the CORE flag when you're PAC will immediately initiate the EU's bleed. You can use the island flags as a springboard toward that control point, for if the EU maintains control of the island tips, PAC's chances of reaching the island and victory are very small OR you can all out rush for the CORE flag and then work your way outward. There are several ways to go about it and they all work and they all are balanced. We cannot make a map based around lonewolfing so, we based it around the theory of teamwork. Work as a team and you will win every time.

Comment

Im happy with shingles. finally gib has some compition .

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeyezzz View Post
                          Wake Island.....is this some kind of bad joke?
                          First off it's very lopsided......its OFFENCE against DEFENCE.......poorly placed objects......and doesnt even keep the spirit of the previous Wake's.Not only that ...but the 3 servers i've been on that have been playing it have been lagging very badly because of the Titan AA gun use.

Shingle.......reminds me of someone who crapped his bed designing this work of (F)Art.Its basically a ripoff of Camp Gibraltar.No original thought went into this design at all.

Another beef.....map related......the MAPS on the leaderboard are not shown..the new maps.Why play these if the program doesnt keep showable stats????

BOOM.....outta here!!!:shock:
                          For me both maps are unbalanced big time there are move bugs/glitch's in these maps than anything i have ever seen .

Don't get me wrong the mappers did there best but there are more holes in the maps than a pair of fishnet stockings

The thing i love is i don't need to delete my radial file any more

Comment

Originally posted by =[AOW-TC]=reformat View Post
                            For me both maps are unbalanced big time there are move bugs/glitch's in these maps than anything i have ever seen .

Don't get me wrong the mappers did there best but there are more holes in the maps than a pair of fishnet stockings

The thing i love is i don't need to delete my radial file any more
                            I see you like FFOW. That game is a pile of trash.

See what I did there? Please, explain what these holes are and how the maps are unbalanced. This way, when we do our best the next time, we'll know where to improve.

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnz3r
                              Im happy with shingles.
                              Shingles is adult chickenpox, and it hurts. Shingle is the 2142 map.

Comment

I have only played a partial round of Wake so I don't think I can give an accurate assessment on how it plays, however, I have played a few rounds of Shingle.

I enjoy playing Shingle a lot. Its a great multi-dimensional map with so many options for kit construction, depending on where your squad is attacking/defending. I find that there are heaps of opportunity to play with multiple kits during the same round. I also found it to be very fast paced which was another great feature. Give it a week or more and I bet it will slow down a bit when everyone finds good attacking/defending positions. Great job. :salute:

Comment

Working...
                                X