Logitech G5 mouse randomly defaults to OS controls WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G5 mouse randomly defaults to OS controls WinXP

My G5 mouse has worked like a champ up until about a month ago.

The mouse will now randomly reset to default settings.
    The sensitivity settings will change from what I have manualy entered into Setpoint and my Keystroke assignments no longer work. It happens both when gaming and when on the Internet. Although, it tends to happen much more often when gaming. There seems to be no "triger" event, my settings work perfectly for hours or sometimes it will only work correctly for a few minutes.

I have tried to uninstall Setpoint and reinstall it, and it still happens. The only thing that will bring back my controls is exiting out of set point then restarting it from the programs menu. Which is why I think it is a Setpoint issue and not hardwear.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Re: Logitech G5 mouse randomly defaults to OS controls WinXP

that happened to me when I updated the driver. I then re-installed the original driver it came with, and it solved the problem.

Comment

Check your Logitech SetPoint program to see if it's been set to default (OS implement).

Comment

Thanks to those who have replied so far.

The problem has only gotten worce. The mouse disconnects for a moment, then comes back with Windows OS. My Set Point key stroke button assignments no longer work and my DPI settings are gone. It happens far more often then before. Un plugging the USB and plugging it back in - brings the mouse setting back, for a while, which is why I have relocated the port to the front of the compter.

I have tried un/reinstalling Set Point using the disk it came with and/or Set Point downloaded file and it hasn't changed the problem. I've run virus scans, turned various programs off and no change.

I uninstalled set point, cleaned the hard drive, defragged, ran windows check disk program, clean reboot - installed set point 4.6 from a downloaded file. Rebooted again normally and set my Set Point assignments.
        This seemed to do it, for about 2 hours then the mouse would, again, reset itself just as it did before, but not quite as often now, but seems to get progressively worce over time.

Comment

time to get a new mouse...lol

Comment

Do you think it could be a worn mouse ? I didn't think so, due to the fact that it operates fine when it switches itself over to the Windows Operateing System and it also seems to happen more often when there is a higher demand on the computer, large down-loads or an Orbital Strike.

I've got the same post on Logitechs web site forum and have searched for arcives that might help, one of them is nearly the exact same symtoms. (actaualy alot of them are kinda close). He says it's worn wireing inside the mouse it's self. But for me, it just doesn't seem to act like a hardwear problem, it has happened without even touching the mouse.

Either way, If I can't get it figured out, I might have no choice but to switch to a Razor or something else.

Comment

Yeah i had 2 G5 mice with the same problem. I loved them but the wire going in to the mouse becomes loose causing a short i think. Wiggle the wire close to the mouse and you will see what i mean. I now moved onto the razer lachese gaming mouse, so far so good. Hope this helps, I am afraid it is a bit of bad news becasue these mice arn't cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X