replied
    Re: Half way there... sigh

Did somebody say gunship whore?

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

update: just passed 7000 kills!

i've been whoring quite a bit the last couple weeks and i can finally see the end!

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Evasive manuver and/or faster travel. If you need to get somewhere (or AWAY from somewhere) quick, thats what you want.

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

I just fly high and come in straight on the talon, then swoop up under him or something of the sort. But is the backwards thing an evasive manoeuver or a just a different way to fly ?

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

interesting point about practicing local. perhaps i'll give it a try. i've been able to fly backwards on few occasions but not intentionally. i somehow end up that way and i go wow thats cool and in no time i end up crashing!

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Originally posted by hooahguy
    *cough* not all of us *cough*
    Keep practicing, it will come to ya I personally learned by watching my clan mates (particularly "Holla4adolla", former #2 with da gunship), then trying to replicate their stuff in local mode.

Leave a comment:

• hooahguy
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
    Nothing, we're =L13=... Flying comes to us naturally
    *cough* not all of us *cough*

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Originally posted by H4yd3n View Post
    Lol, what's so hard about flying backwards and soloing?
    Nothing, we're =L13=... Flying comes to us naturally

j/k. Theres nothing truly "hard" about it once you have practiced it, but I'm sure you remember when we were gunship n00bs... It was hard to ksimply keep the thing upright xD

Leave a comment:

• H4yd3n
    replied

No... As in turning yourself either upside down or front side up, then flying backwards. You achieve massive speeds and great altitude gains very quickly this way. HOWEVER its very, VERY easy to lose control and go hurtling toward the ground. IMO, the epitome of gunship skill is a) to solo and b) to know how to fly backwards properly.
    Lol, what's so hard about flying backwards and soloing?

Leave a comment:

• Ctrl-Alt-Del
    Guest replied

Hmm, I'll never get that probably, I suck in a gunship.

So the fastest thing would be Transport of Dooming with the crew, but that takes some time as well.

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

No... As in turning yourself either upside down or front side up, then flying backwards. You achieve massive speeds and great altitude gains very quickly this way. HOWEVER its very, VERY easy to lose control and go hurtling toward the ground. IMO, the epitome of gunship skill is a) to solo and b) to know how to fly backwards properly.

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

"it's very hard to do it with the mouse and keyboard."
    No its not... I use a mouse and keyboard and I can beat around 95% of the enemy pilots I encounter xD Once you learn how to fly backwards, getting shot down happens alot less often.
    Do you mean flying backwards as in hovering and pulling the nose up or something else?

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

"it's very hard to do it with the mouse and keyboard."
    No its not... I use a mouse and keyboard and I can beat around 95% of the enemy pilots I encounter xD Once you learn how to fly backwards, getting shot down happens alot less often.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

yeah i'm pretty bad with gunships too especially when i'm flying a doragon, you're pretty much toast against any half decent talon pilot. i can sometimes take out armor in one run but these days everyone has their shields up before i destroy them. i still can't out manuver against another gunship on my tail, it's very hard to do it with the mouse and keyboard. i've gotten a lot of kills with transports parking near flags/silos though.

Leave a comment:

• Chris--My--azz
    replied

aaaaand

*places balls squarely on ur faces*

jk's

oh man i was so happy when i got the armour one i was racing beetz he got it 1 day before me grrrrr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X