• hooahguy
    Guest replied
    Re: People WANT bad commanders.

LOL OWNED

Leave a comment:

• SeanNao
    Guest replied

The Commander usually gives up a lot. ESPECIALLY if they are forced to combat command for a bad team that didn't want to jump in the Commander's seat.

And, when I mutiny vote. It's usually against someone who is combat commanding while at the same time not deploying valuable resources. It's really easy to combat command. The refresh times on your assets take so long and you'll often be in situations where people aren't trying to sneak around. Usually, you will need to combat command eventually because when people DO start sneaking around, it's usually very difficult to convince people to spawn in the rear, sacrifice points, so that the team wins.

I always make sure to tell people THANK YOU, and WHY I am thanking them. "Because you prevented enemies from backdooring us. You're preserving our defense line. You guys rock. Thank you."

But on the other hand, I'm mean enough to call people (Check server rules for swearing rules) "Explitive"ing Scrubs, get in squads you mother-"Explitiveing" Scrubs. Why aren't you "explitive"-ers reviving eachother.

So I'm combat commanding and rezzing people left and right just to keep our ticket count competitive while at the same time dropping artillery between the people just to keep people out of combat.

Leave a comment:

• Chris--My--azz
    replied

:blabla:

Leave a comment:

• flanker1121
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
    Order are proof to me that the SL actually knows how to do his job properly and realizes he's got people to direct to a certain point.
    Perhaps I didn't word that very well Don't get me wrong - when playing with clan members in a squad, I always make well thought out decisions for the good of the team. I still prefer to do this in teamspeak however, as we're a competitive clan and try to mimick match environments as much as we can.

I still don't find the orders system to be particularly useful on maps such as CG, as it's a linear map, and any experienced player should be able, with a small degree of intelligence, to work out where the SL is going. I'll happily spam 'follow me' through the commo rose until people get the picture, and it generally works a treat.

I appreciate what you say about an SL giving orders suggesting good things about his leading ability, though when squad leading i'm generally playing with people I know, thus am talking to, and rendering the order system obsolete. There's no substitute for verbal communication!

Anyhow, to get back to topic: I entirely agree with fingulfin about votes never having any effect - you'll not get demoted from commander if there are any more than 5 people on your team, and decent players rarely initiate votes anyway.

Leave a comment:

• FURRY BIRD
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Fingulfin
    FYI, you can't punish for Orbital Strike TKs. The commander does NOT lose points for team damage and does not get accounted for TKs because of Orbitals...

On topic... I think you people know about my stances on the general 2142 player base If my team has a commander, I won't mutiny him (unless he is AFK or doing a horrible job), however I won't trust him to do his job either.

A simple fact about Votes in 2142; they NEVER work. The only time I have seen kick votes actually have effect is on Knife only servers :dead: I have seen a demotion from commander ~3 times, regardless of how good/bad a job he was doing.

What I think "people" want in a commander is someone who silently goes about utilizing his assets... People do NOT want you to spot things out using the SAT Track ("Shut up, we know there are infantry infiltrating our bases!") and they DON'T want you issuing orders (I can issue my own orders, thank you very much). People DO want supplies/UAVs/Orbitals on enemies though...

IMO, commanding is the worst of all worlds. Your team expects you to "do your job", but doesn't want you to "do your job" at the same time... Its torture, but I will suffer through it for one of two (or both) reasons:
    1: For the win!
    2: 4 t3h Ribbinz.

Like I said earlier, no matter what you do , you will piss some one off.

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Instead of thanking him for dropping an orb-strike on an enemy APC, they instead rush in with demopacks in hand to score a point and then punish the commander for the teamkill.
    FYI, you can't punish for Orbital Strike TKs. The commander does NOT lose points for team damage and does not get accounted for TKs because of Orbitals...

On topic... I think you people know about my stances on the general 2142 player base If my team has a commander, I won't mutiny him (unless he is AFK or doing a horrible job), however I won't trust him to do his job either.

A simple fact about Votes in 2142; they NEVER work. The only time I have seen kick votes actually have effect is on Knife only servers :dead: I have seen a demotion from commander ~3 times, regardless of how good/bad a job he was doing.

What I think "people" want in a commander is someone who silently goes about utilizing his assets... People do NOT want you to spot things out using the SAT Track ("Shut up, we know there are infantry infiltrating our bases!") and they DON'T want you issuing orders (I can issue my own orders, thank you very much). People DO want supplies/UAVs/Orbitals on enemies though...

IMO, commanding is the worst of all worlds. Your team expects you to "do your job", but doesn't want you to "do your job" at the same time... Its torture, but I will suffer through it for one of two (or both) reasons:
    1: For the win!
    2: 4 t3h Ribbinz.

Leave a comment:

• FURRY BIRD
    Guest replied

That is why I just play for fun and don't expect anything.

Leave a comment:

• Shurikane
    replied

Originally posted by jake___
    TF2
    You mean Let's All Spawn Engineer And Defend Forever?

No thanks. I got tired of being the only person on offense.

Leave a comment:

• jake_
    replied

I think its time you gave TF2 a try.

I find I can't play BF2142 without also playing TF2 (although I play TF2 by itselft).

Its quite the relaxing game. No point-whores. Just fun.

Leave a comment:

• FURRY BIRD
    Guest replied

I look at it this way, I do my best, play by the server rules , have fun, some one is always going to hate something you do.

Leave a comment:

• whiteguy16
    Guest replied

one of the funny things about mutinies is that when a commander gets kicked from his position, nobody commands to take the old commander's place. even the person who started the vote doesn't command.:shakehead:

Leave a comment:

• imported_Talbot
    replied

Originally posted by Shurikane
    More often than not, winners remain in the game, while losers quit en masse. That means the match that follows is even more of a massacre.

The reality is that it takes very few to actually win a game. Put up a good squad of as few as four people together, and they can wipe out the entire map on their own with disconcerting ease. Most people who play the game are just so amazingly bad at it that it doesn't take much to become a killing machine. There are three guys I team up with sometimes - they've all got a mike and we give precise info to each other. Unless the opposing team has a similar squad, we completely destroy everything in our path like they were a bunch of miserable ants.
    Such apparitions appear once in a blue moon for a puby like me. I get by on my own though, most of the time any squad I try and 'work with' is a total hinderance.

Leave a comment:

• Shurikane
    replied

More often than not, winners remain in the game, while losers quit en masse. That means the match that follows is even more of a massacre.

The reality is that it takes very few to actually win a game. Put up a good squad of as few as four people together, and they can wipe out the entire map on their own with disconcerting ease. Most people who play the game are just so amazingly bad at it that it doesn't take much to become a killing machine. There are three guys I team up with sometimes - they've all got a mike and we give precise info to each other. Unless the opposing team has a similar squad, we completely destroy everything in our path like they were a bunch of miserable ants.

But then, you see what the n00bs do.

True story:

I'm in the middle of a Suez Canal Conquest game, EU side. I'm in a battlewalker and am preparing to sneak up on an enemy tank and APC taking potshots at the Oil Fields (AKA, silo 1 in Titan mode.) In the distance, I see a second tank coming up.

I change my mind and prepare to retreat... And lose connection to the EA master server.

I log back in and rejoin the same game.

I see the two tanks and APC still firing away at the Oil Fields. The battlewalker is a mere twenty feet away from them.

Unmanned.

It's no wonder the PAC lost the game by a humiliating margin.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Talbot
    replied

I think whats worse is the fact that the more experienced players continually and without fail join the winning team... on every server it seems one team is full of totally inexperienced and retarded players while the other is full of BG's and uber vehicle whores.

If you've put 50 - 100 days worth of play into this game (thats alot as far as I'm concerned) you're obviously going to be better, practise makes perfect no matter how retarded you are in the real world or how much you suck at sports.

So... give a little thought to that poor newbie you just shot in the back as he spawned.

Leave a comment:

• Sir. AAK625
    replied

Battlefield has created a culture of useless point farmers who suck too much at the game to earn their score by themselves, so they take up commanding in order to leech points off the rest of us. And that's exactly what everyone else wants. Because they think that commander who spot and give supplies are idiots. Instead of thanking him for dropping an orb-strike on an enemy APC, they instead rush in with demopacks in hand to score a point and then punish the commander for the teamkill.
    YES! YES! YES! That describes this community full of retards entirely and those ridiculous statistic signatures perpetuate that garbage.

Excellent post Shurikane. You slam dunked it. :salute:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X