Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on IO with 1.50 coming..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killerus
    replied
    Re: What are your thoughts on IO with 1.50 coming..

I/O = BF2142 with training wheels. The same thing will happen as it did in BF2. People don't like to walk very far. All the fighting will be centered around a couple of flags and it will be full of snipers and rocket spammers. No thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ctrl-Alt-Del
    Guest replied

It will be good for some maps, like 16 player Verdun!

Most maps should be left alone though, like Cerbere or Gibraltar, they are fine now.

Leave a comment:

• RichardDawkins
    Guest replied

for a start, it will give us city-map dwellers a reason to leave the paddock and roam the wide wide world

Leave a comment:

• Lolyn
    replied

I think IO is going to have a good impact provided it's used in the right places. An inf only 64-man camp gib server for example is a bad one. Every flag has the potential to be an unavoidable choke point.

IO belgrade however, 48 man is a JOY to play, and even the swiss-cheese-map (FoB) can be fun provided you haven't got tards glitched into the buildings. And I'd happily agree that 32- servers could use it on any map with a degree of success because in all honesty, who can find it difficult getting past a choke with that few people?

It'll be fun, and as someone before me said, there won't be any shortage of non-IO servers out there.

Leave a comment:

• iPirate
    Guest replied

i enjoy IO more than any other game type but i have more fun playing with vehicles in BF2142 rather than in BF2 because they are simple easier to destroy and more fun to use

Leave a comment:

• Skates
    replied

Originally posted by TroyGentry View Post
    I think it will be good because then i dont have to worry bout some n00b sittin in the walker the entire game. so i play IO alot!
    n00b's in walkers aren't hard to deal with. They are easy to take down. It's the guy that knows every square inch of the map that you have to put together a coordinated effort to take down that you have to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• *T®ÓJÂN_MÂN* ™
    Guest replied

I think it will be good because then i dont have to worry bout some n00b sittin in the walker the entire game. so i play IO alot!

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

the problem with APC on berlin isn't the APC, it's the incredibly overpowered mortar rounds that have a crazy splash damage range. seriously those rounds need to be nerfed.

Leave a comment:

• WolfAlmighty
    replied

Well IO will certainly take the guess work out of where to spawn as EU on Gib. Since you know the enemy can't go zooming past Harbour there's no reason to spawn at toll and lay mines/RDX in wait for the FAV, nor do you need to spawn at EU base to grab your own walker, so it's a lot less difficult to decide the best place to spawn. Just spawn at Harbour and let the PAC walk into the meatgrinder.

Personally I thought IO was a stupid idea in BF2 and it's not that bright of one here. In BF2 especially since the vehicles - at least the ground vehicles - were fairly easy to deal with provided your team wasn't full of numbskulls (which was rare, especially on pointwhore...err...'city' maps ). The walker in 2142 is harder to take out using AV rockets than any ground vehicle in BF2, but in BF2 there were no motion mines or Rorsch railguns. I guess I don't really see why IO is needed in BF2142, but meh.

I will say, however, that even though I'm almost as much of a BF purist as Minmaster, I certainly won't be sad to see the APCs go on Berlin. No ground vehicle in BF2 had the wtfpwninfantry capability of the APC in BF2142 and to put a vehicle like that on a city map in the first place is just boneheaded.

~Wolfgang

Leave a comment:

• imported_Field
    replied

yeah like Fall of Berlin and 8v8 verdun

Leave a comment:

• Ghiblian
    Guest replied

I mean, it doesn't HURT to have IO. If people really don't like it, they won't play on the servers that run it and the servers will just switch it off. And no one has any ideas on what maps IO will be activated. Or whether IO will ever affect FAVs. Just let it come. There are some maps that would benefit from an IO setting so just wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

if you want IO, go play COD4 or CS. BF was made for vehicular combat! yes i'm a BF purist.

Leave a comment:

• TrooperJac
    replied

Never asked!

What about the many many servers that already run IO unofficially?

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

An answer to something that was never asked. It worked for BF2 because the vehicle to infantry balance was utterly dreadful but 2142 doesn't suffer from this. I honestly can't remember a single person ever wanting IO in 2142.

That being said, I've always considered the APC rockets to be stupidly powerful against infantry so I guess it might make maps such as berlin playable AND enjoyable.

However, I would rather they balance the APC than simply strike all vehicles out completely.

Buuuut then again, I find all the conquest only maps to be complete crap and only play titan so I doubt it'll affect me one way or another

Leave a comment:

• TrooperJac
    replied

It's all good. Another style of gameplay. Anything that brings a little variety is a good thing imo. Plus I'm sure that of the million or so servers running Camp G 24/7 there will still be mech ones to play on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X