X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skaggy
    replied
    Re: OK EA I have had it with you now ,,new 1.5 Patch for 2142

Thoroughly my own opinion, but I think that the revenue from ranked BF2 servers must be greater than the revenue from 2142 server sales + cash from ingame adverts.

I think I should ask you 2142 players; is there actually anything majorly wrong with the game as of now that would need patching?
    Any major imbalances (*cough*J-10*cough*), glitches, or large gameplay issues?

Leave a comment:

• Sir. SpungE
    replied

In regards to bf2, you can't expect them to still fully support a 5+ year old game, especially since they've made new games since. As for hacks, that's punkbuster's deal, whats it got to do with a 2142 patch?

Leave a comment:

• Delta_Fixer
    replied

There have been a few ads for movies recently here in the US ... Resident Evil: Extinction and that one with Will Smith being the last person alive (forgot the name obviously).

I was a little disturbed at first at the prospect of the adverts when they were first announced, but really they don't bother me at all. I think the way that billboards are placed in 2142 is OK in that they are not EVERYWHERE, not around EVERY corner, so they really dont intrude on the game.

So if the ads did help fund this new patch or any future patches then I say keep it up, but keep them as they are.

Leave a comment:

• vanilla
    replied

Quite a lot of ads in Germany. Last ones I can remember were SAW4 and mobile.de which is a portal for selling cars, a huge one I may add. So they most likely got some revenue from those ads. And I also agree, if that makes it possible to further develop the game, then more power to the advertisements.

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

I didn't see any Ads for over a year... Then in Feb they started popping up for me. Anyway, yes, they are still getting new ads.

Leave a comment:

• Killerus
    replied

Originally posted by TrooperJac
    Do EA still have a vested interest in people playing 2142? As in revenue from in game advertising - I live in the UK so don't get adverts, are they still running?

Personally I am looking forward to some new content and a new map would be excellent. I don't play any other FPS game.

i still see ads from time to time. I can't remember what the latest ones are. If those ads brought in some revenue to allow DICE to put out some new content with this patch then IMO they were worth it. I never found them to be distractive, so much to the point i don't even remember what's on them.

Leave a comment:

• TrooperJac
    replied

Do EA still have a vested interest in people playing 2142? As in revenue from in game advertising - I live in the UK so don't get adverts, are they still running?

Personally I am looking forward to some new content and a new map would be excellent. I don't play any other FPS game.

Leave a comment:

• Sir. AAK625
    replied

Ah crap, I know you.

Well, this changes everything.

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625 View Post
    You lost all your credibility when you linked to the Netherland's portal. Sorry. I've played BF2 and BF2142 since Alpha and I've never experienced a hacker, nor have ever met someone who has personally played in the same server as a hacker. I refuse to believe that the game is as plagued as those whiny folk claim it is. They're always complaining about something.

The aforementioned paragraph may not represent the views and opinions of The Sir. Community as a whole and are solely from AAK625's point of view.
    Scratch that then - I have played on servers with hackers. I haven't seen many of them, but there is one of them who enjoys tormenting me...

Leave a comment:

• Sir. AAK625
    replied

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11 View Post
    http://www.battlefield2142.nl/news/1...announced.html

Scumbags ,,You say you have listened to the Battlefield community ... what whilst playing on a 2142 server ...
    You lost all your credibility when you linked to the Netherland's portal. Sorry. I've played BF2 and BF2142 since Alpha and I've never experienced a hacker, nor have ever met someone who has personally played in the same server as a hacker. I refuse to believe that the game is as plagued as those whiny folk claim it is. They're always complaining about something.

The aforementioned paragraph may not represent the views and opinions of The Sir. Community as a whole and are solely from AAK625's point of view.

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Because this topic was started by BF2 nubbies They is jealous.

Leave a comment:

• Killerus
    replied

why is everyone bitching about what could be free new content? How is that bad?

Leave a comment:

• Webs961
    Guest replied

Allow me to shed some light as to why this decision was probably reached.

When EA contracts with a developer (DICE) to make a game, they're given the task of creating the initial game then some arbitrary number of post-release patches. This means that the development team gets paid for working on those particular patches.

However, once they finish those patches, they don't get paid to continue working on that particular game, and they are forced to move on to work with another game. If the developers want to continue patching their game, they must first get permission from the publisher to do so on their own free time. Now, I may be a code fanatic, but I'm not going to forego eating to patch a game we've already patched 3 times prior.

I've only seen one company have that kind of dedication to it's released games - Interplay.

Developers continued coming to work even though they knew they weren't getting paychecks because the company wasn't bringing in enough money. Eventually, California shut them down for non-payment of salaries.

Leave a comment:

• buttscratcher
    replied

If EA holds to form , they'll add a few more gunships , and turn the clark into a 12ga./Flamethrower combo , lol ... Guess the sales for Crysis are below expectation , and they need to screw up 2142 a little more , to kill off the remaining intrest for us :laugh:.

If there really serious about fixing stuff , I am still getting killed by the sentery gun glitch (hidden in commander assets this time), have people hiding in silos , people shoving rdx under walls , pilum glitch , on and on and on ... Theres plenty of stuff that needs to be sorted , but don't have faith in dice actually fixing the stuff that matters to the gamer .

Leave a comment:

• Idaeus
    replied

Moved to Battlefield 2142 Discussion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X