Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EACS willing to give some of the reset stats back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EACS willing to give some of the reset stats back!

FYI:

EACS is willing to work with legitimate BF2 players, whose STATS were wiped clean from having them altered by hackers or hacked servers, and restore a few stats to there original scores.

1st you must get back onto BF2 with your reset Private Ranked Account and play until you reach a global score of 100. This way EA will know it is a valid account and that you wish to have some of you stats restored.

Then you must email EACS and let them know that you have obtained the 100 global points and you would like your stats restored.

EACS can and is willing to restore your Global Score, Team Score, Combat Score and Command Score (THAT IS IT!) No Time will be returned, no badges will be returned, no medals will be returned!!!!

But at least you will have your old rank back and will be able to get your unlocks again, so Time is the main thing lost, since everything else can be regained.

Yes it stinks they can not give everything back to you, but according to an EA General Manger (Yes he does exist) because of the code BF2 is written and how it talks to the master EA Database, only those 4 scores can be manually put into the system.

So take this post with a grain of salt! Please do not flame it!!! I just wanted to make the 1000s of players who had their stats reset know that there is a way to get some of them back.

Oh, and before I forget, please do this before 31 days are up from the day of your reset!!!

EA will check your 31 day history on bf2s.com, and will restore your scores to some predetermined date before the day they were reset (they pick the date they take the score from). If you let 31 days go by EA will have no way of seeing your original scoring before the reset and you will stuck a Private!!!

Another good thing would be to have a screen shot of your original stats to send to EA, but I know most people do not have those, but it is a good thing to start doing!!!

Re: EACS willing to give some of the reset stats back!

Thank you for posting this. This is very useful information. Me thinks it should be stickied.

Comment

what about the higher ranks that require like 1200 hours playing time? this doesnt apply to me anyway, but i know of at least one person here that it does apply to.

Comment

I'd like mine back. All of a sudden I logged in one day and for some reason, I was dropped 6 ranks. Not that big of a deal, just kind of sucked. Oh well...

Comment

EA will not do anything about lost time caused by the reset. (trust me I have pleaded) They can not give the hours back. So, if your friend gets his global score back then he should have the rank he was at back before the reset, but he will not be able to advance past that rank until he has put the necessary time back into the game.

Just like me I am a Major, that is only 64K away from Brig. General, but I will have the points way before I put back in the 1080 hours needed for the rank advancement, so I will hit a wall once I get to that point.

But hey at least we are not going to be Privates running around, so there is that plus to this saga!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
            But hey at least we are not going to be Privates running around, so there is that plus to this saga!!!!

No, wait, that would be incredibly confusing to have so many "privates" pwning the rest of the server. Oh, how they would all call you a hacker :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
              Just like me I am a Major, that is only 64K away from Brig. General, but I will have the points way before I put back in the 1080 hours needed for the rank advancement, so I will hit a wall once I get to that point.
              I've never seen a time requirment for a rank???

Comment

Originally posted by FalconControl View Post
                I've never seen a time requirment for a rank???
                Well maby not time but the metals, like you need all Vet for a rank that is some time.

Comment

BF2 Ranks from UBAR: http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

Brigadier General

Requirements:
                  * Score: 180,000
                  * Awards: Veteran Armor Badge, Veteran Transport Badge, Veteran Helicopter Badge, Veteran Aviator Badge, Veteran Air Defense Badge, Veteran Ground Defense Badge
                  * Notes: Requires 1080 hours playtime

Major General

Requirements:
                  * Score: 180,000
                  * Awards: Veteran Knife Combat Badge, Veteran Pistol Combat Badge, Veteran Assault Combat Badge, Veteran Anti-tank Combat Badge, Veteran Sniper Combat Badge, Veteran Spec Ops Combat Badge, Veteran Support Combat Badge, Veteran Engineer Combat Badge, Veteran Medic Combat Badge
                  * Notes: Requires 1250 hours playtime

Lieutenant General

Requirements:
                  * Score: 200,000
                  * Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime

For these ranks a minimum time is required!! All other ranks there is no time requirement.

Comment

Funny thing I ran across this thread yesterday because last week I was on our AIX mod server and noticed that my rank was set as a private when it should have been Lt. General, however I did not think much about it because I was on a mod server.

After reading this thread I decided to check my account and much to my dismay my rank was showing as a private. I immediately contact EA to see what the hell was going on and why this account was reset.

Before anyone starts flaming me saying that I cheat or hack, well just put a sock in it now because I have never done any such thing. As you will see from the copies of the email I have posted below I asked EA point blank what I was being accused of or what I did that caused my stats to be reset and based on the answers I am being provided it appears that this is due to some other reason, however they are not being clear as to what that reason is.

For the most part this is not that big a deal to me because I was never going to get to the last level as I am just an average player. Also I have another account that is at a Majors rank and for the most part I only play mods now but the fact of the matter is the account that got reset is as old as the game itself.

The problem is I had about (2200hrs) of playing time invested in that account and while it's bad enough they wiped it out and can't provide me a clear explanation why but their actions also call my character and honesty in to questions with other players that know me and that is where I draw the line.

As far as I am concerned yes this may only be an online game, however when it comes to establishing relationships and trust with other gamers your word and reputation are all you have and the way I see it EA is slandering my name.

Now that I am done getting that off my chest below are the copies of the messages I have been exchanging with EACS, if anyone has any ideas what the hell they are talking about, I would appreciate you sharing it with me....

Customer 04/14/2008 11:21 AM
                    I would like to know why in the hell the stats were reset on my BF2 Chronic_Buzz account 9(PID 47794759) ? The other day I was playing on a mod server and noticed that my rank was a private, however I did not put too much thought into it because it was a mod server. However, today I was reading a thread that is posted on the Total Gaming Network site about player accounts being wiped so I decided to go and check mine and much to my dismay my account has been reset from Lt. General to Private and I would like to know why?

I don’t play under that account much anymore so I am not sure exactly when or why this happen, however I have had this account since I purchased the game when it was first released so I had several years not to mention several thousand hours on that account and I am pretty pissed off that you folks reset it without any explanation as to why.

Like I said the account is several years old and it does not get used that much anymore but I would like to get my stats restored immediately otherwise I would like an explanation as to why they were reset. Please do not insult me by claiming some BS like I was cheating or stat padding as I am 41 and you’re not dealing with some kid here. I have never used a hack in any game nor have I ever stat padded!

Again I am not sure why you folks decided to do this nor do I really care I just want it fixed ASAP. It’s pretty damn insulting not to mention embarrassing epically when I am and have been a major supporter of Even Balance and PB bans because it looks bad and brings my character in to question with online colleagues .

Please get back to me as soon as possible concerning this issue as I would like to get this resolved without any further delay so as not to smear my good name with the gaming community.

Thanks- Mitch
                    BF2 Player: Chronic_Buzz
                    PID: 47794759
                    Response (Mohd N.) 04/14/2008 12:43 PM
                    Hello Tom,
                    Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your incident. Many users logged into Battlefield 2 recently to discover that their account was given an extreme best round score(s). We are currently under investigation of the issue and are trying to find the best course of action.

We are working closely with the development team to come a conclusion on the best way to fix this issue for all the users that were affected by this issue. We do not have a time frame as to when these stats will be reset or restored at all but please continue to review the Official Battlefield 2 Website.

We are trying to come to a conclusion that will be the best benefit of the Battlefield online community and its members. Unfortunately our support teams cannot remove or alter best round scores, kill streaks, unlocks, hours played, ribbons, badges, etc, nor can we retro-actively award you any stats or ribbons you may have been awarded.

We apologize for the trouble and hope you continue to enjoy Battlefield 2.
                    Official Battlefield 2 Website

Thank you !
                    Sincerely,
                    EA Rep Mike
                    Player Relations
                    Electronic Arts
                    Customer 04/14/2008 07:15 PM
                    What do you mean by extreme best round scores, was this an accident or was it done intentionally?

I still don't understand why my stats were reset and if they will be restored? What I want to know is if you folks are accusing me of doing something wrong and if so what?

I read the message boards from the link you provided and it appears to me that you folks don't have things under control based on what I am reading , however I do not see an explanation that answers my questions.

It just seems strange to me that after 3 years and over 2200 hours of playing time you folks would allow my stats to be reset for no apparent reason, if you accusing me of something, then out with it I would like to know why this happen and what is being done to fix it.

Thanks- Mitch
                    Response (EARepAme) 04/14/2008 07:39 PM
                    Hello Tom,
                    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.
                    We are currently in the process of discussing the situation with DICE to determine how best to go about addressing the manipulation of ranked servers for the purpose of disrupting stats collection. Once we have a procedure in place, we will be contacting affected players by email to let them know what we plan to do and how they can assist us. In the meantime, we would like to extend our appreciation for your patience and understanding.
                    Take Care,
                    EA Rep Ame
                    Electronic Arts
                    Player Relations
                    Customer 04/14/2008 08:50 PM
                    This still sounds like a bunch of corporate BS to me. Answer me 3- simple questions what does all of this have to do with my BF2 account and why exactly where my stats reset? Is EA accusing me of doing something that violated the TOS if so I want to know what I am being accused of.

As it stands right now I am not able to play on line because your actions raise questions as to my character and honesty and I don’t much appreciate it. I hope it does not come to this but rest assured if this is not resolved to my satisfaction I will seek other outside options to remedy this situation. I have over 3 years and countless hours invested in this game and I am not going to sit by and let you folks wipe that out for no apparent reason so if you have a reason spill it….

The way I see it your actions are preventing me from using a game that I paid for and have cost me countless hours of my time so I expect the least you can do is be clear as to why you took such action and if you are unwilling to do that then maybe I need to see about having EA compensate me for my loss of use and the damage this has caused my reputation in the gaming community.

Thanks- Mitch
                    Response (EARepAme) 04/14/2008 09:00 PM
                    Hi Tom,
                    Thank you for contacting us.
                    Due to the nature of your issue, more time is required for investigation. I apologize for any prolonged delays this might cause, but please rest assured that we are trying to handle your issue in a timely manner.

During this time, you may still update your incident with additional information that might help us resolve your issue without causing any additional delay.

To update your incident click the link above that says, To view or update your question from our support site, click here.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and look forward to getting you back in the game!
                    Sincerely,
                    EA Rep Ame
                    Player Relations
                    Electronic Arts
                    Customer 04/15/2008 10:39 AM
                    That is all well and good but you folks have still not answered the most important question to me. Am I being accused of doing something to violate the TOS or any other policy and if so what? I think you folks at least owe me a straight forward answer on that.

What you need to understand is I am less concerned about getting my stats restored than I am restoring the damage your companies actions have done to my reputation and that is why I will continue to push this issue even if it requires outside intervention to get the answer.

Thanks- Mitch
                    Well EA finally got back to me again and it appears from what they are saying that at some point in my BF2 career I apparently played on a ranked server that some ******* admin had modified to cheat the rank system. Not sure which server this could have been or when it happen but trust me I would like to meet the mother****er that got me caught up in this.

This **** has gotten way out of hand, it's bad enough we have to deal with these little pecker heads cheating in game, now we have to worry whether or not a server is legit before we can play there or risk losing your stats.

EA is way out of line here and has no business resetting anyone stats unless they can prove that the person or persons were knowing involved or participating in this type of activity. Come on now, how in the hell are we expected to know if a ranked server is legit or not before we join it. It seems to me that EA is holding players accountable for their own inability to control and secure the legitimacy of the ranking system.

Anyway that's the long and short of it so if you one of those assholes that was or still is hosting one of the servers in question and you read this, you better hope you never run into anyone this has happen to because of your cheating ***.

Mitch

Response (Mohd N.) 04/15/2008 11:36 AM
                    Hi Tom,
                    Thank you for contacting EA Support.

We regret to inform you that your soldier stats were found to have been inappropriately altered through playing on a compromised server. In our attempt to maintain the integrity of the stats and leader board for Battlefield 2, we have had to reset the stats on your soldier.

Although we are working to prevent these servers from affecting future soldier stats, we were unable to remove the ‘bad’ stats without clearing your stats entirely.

We understand that many soldiers were not aware that they were on a compromised server, so we want to work with you to restore some of your stats. If you are interested in restoring as much of your original stats as possible, please read and follow the steps below.

What we will do for you:
                    We can restore your Rank, Global Score, Commander Score, Team Score, and Combat score to what you had earned prior to March 22, 2008. All other statistics cannot be restored; however, you can re-select your unlocks to match the rank that is restored to your soldier.

What you must do to qualify:
                    Before we can restore your stats, you must first gain a Global Score of at least 100 by playing on ranked servers.

How to initiate the stat restore:
                    Once you have earned a Global Score of at least 100, please create an email by using the “contact us” button on our www.support.ea.com and let us know “you have gained at least 100 Global Score” and it has been at least 24 hours. Include your soldier name and/or PID so that we can verify the information and restore your statistics.

Note: The restore may take some time depending on how many valid users were playing on these compromised servers.
                    We appreciate your patience and understanding as Electronic Arts continues to protect the integrity of the game.

Thank you for your time.
                    EA Rep Mike
                    Player Relations
                    Electronic Arts

Comment

The problem is, you don't "own" your stats. EA/DICE can wipe who/what/whenever they choose. You can't sue them or anything. I'm sure it's all in an ironclad EULA or ToS. Now, if they cared about what the online gaming community thought about them and actually gave half a f*ck about making repeat business with us then they would NOT have done what they have. They just spit in the face of everyone who bought this game and laughed their way to the bank, waving our money around. Why should they care if you're mad about losing your e-rank on their server that they own? You already bought the game, they have your money, so F*CK YOU!!! I just know that I won't be buying anything put out by Dice in the future. I suggest you all do the same, speaking out with your wallets.

Comment

After reading all that Mitch put up over the hell he has to go through to get some numbers and icons on his player account...it makes me wonder what we have become that most must have this "stat fix" to get on with their life...

I feel your pain Mitch but I wouldn't be concerned over it... You and I both enjoy the game and the mods for fun which is what its all about.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                          After reading all that Mitch put up over the hell he has to go through to get some numbers and icons on his player account...it makes me wonder what we have become that most must have this "stat fix" to get on with their life...

I feel your pain Mitch but I wouldn't be concerned over it... You and I both enjoy the game and the mods for fun which is what its all about.

While it sucks to lose 2200 plus hours and the stats I earned playing the game, I was not so much concerned with the losing the actual stats as was about my reputation with fellow clan members and other I associate with in the gaming community....

It just pisses me off that these idiots cant' secure their own stats system and we the players end up paying for their inability to do so.

EA says they are doing this to be fair to everyone, well how in the hell is it fair to that I have to lose my stats because some *** hat ran and illegal modified ranked server.

Apparently I can get my rank and unlocks restored if I get a 100 points and email them with my case number, they will restore what they can of my stats.

However now that it's clear to my clan mates and a few others who opinions I value, that this did not happen because I intentionally did something that violated the rules, I could care less.

I will eventually get around to getting them restored, however as Sava pointed out I mostly play the mods now and since I have a Major account with all the unlocks I am not too pressed about it....

Originally posted by Jimtool655321 View Post
                          The problem is, you don't "own" your stats. EA/DICE can wipe who/what/whenever they choose. You can't sue them or anything. I'm sure it's all in an ironclad EULA or ToS. Now, if they cared about what the online gaming community thought about them and actually gave half a f*ck about making repeat business with us then they would NOT have done what they have. They just spit in the face of everyone who bought this game and laughed their way to the bank, waving our money around. Why should they care if you're mad about losing your e-rank on their server that they own? You already bought the game, they have your money, so F*CK YOU!!! I just know that I won't be buying anything put out by Dice in the future. I suggest you all do the same, speaking out with your wallets.
                          I have to disagree with you about not being able to sue them, what most folks seem to forget is that these agreements can always be challenged in court not to mention it would not just be about the stats themselves.

It's not a matter of if you can sue them, so much as it's a matter of do I want to spend thousands of dollars not to mention hundreds of hours of my time doing it. The answer to that question is no, not over stupid BF2 stats....

Comment

lol, EA

Mitch: thanks- Mitch

EA: Hi, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                              lol, EA

Mitch: thanks- Mitch

EA: Hi, Tom
                              Not sure I follow, is this just spam or were you to stoned when you posted this to form a complete thought......

Comment

Working...
                              X