wireless xbox controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless xbox controller

Hey my friend just bought one for the computer and wants to play COD4 with it but he is mentally challenged so he can't get it to work (lol not really).

He installed the software that came with the controller and updated it but I told him he would prolly need to download something special for cod4 to get it to recognize the controller as an input device? Does ne1 know how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

:O get a keyboard and mouse!! seriously he will get PWND against pc players with an xbox controll lol.. i love using xbox controls but i wouldnt dare to play against KB/Mouse players..

anyway thats not what the threads about so sorry just had to say that lol... i think u can download the drivers off the net.. thats how i got my wired one to work.. not that i used it long

if he already has the drivers and it still doesnt work for CoD4 first make sure the computer has recognized it by pressing the "xbox button" (big button in the middle) and see if the menu pops up.. if it does then it STILL doesnt work with CoD4 then maybe its not compatible..

P.s. u have to also configure the buttons in the control setup menu in the game too obviously

EDIT: another way to see if it works is by opening control panel and looking in the gaming control menu...

Comment

well he has the menu popping up and all, latest drivers for the software were installed/updated as well but he says he can't get it to work.

I myself agree, pc config FTW over controller =)

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
        well he has the menu popping up and all, latest drivers for the software were installed/updated as well but he says he can't get it to work.

I myself agree, pc config FTW over controller =)

yeah it doesnt work with BF2 either... he has to configure it inn the cod4 control menu... when he does the joystick axis forward and back will come up the same.. thats ok just tell him to configure it and ignore what it says..

Comment

knowing the brand and model would help

Comment

Originally posted by troybob View Post
            knowing the brand and model would help
            O_o xbox wireless controller for windows.. theres only one type...

Comment

I don't think CoD4 PC is guaranteed to work with the 360 controller. It may, it may not. Only certain games in the Games For Windows specification are required to be 360 controller compatible, like Bioshock.

Comment

well look on the microsoft website or search google, they will have it if you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                X