DVD drive issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD drive issues

I bought 2142 yesterday and I know it runs on my comp cause I've played the demo and there is no lag. I put the cd in and nothing happened. No sound of the disc spinning, nothing. Is this because I need a DVD drive? In the system requirements it says CD/DVD drive so I figured CD was enough. If a DVD drive is absolutely necessary, can someone tell me where I can buy one really cheap that will run the game? Thanks.

You need a DVD compatible drive as the disk is in DVD format.

Comment

You can get a drive off eBay for about £10.

Comment

Heres a plan,
        Get a friend to copy all the contents of the BF2142 DVD onto a USB Hard Disk.

Then get that USB Hard Disk and make a folder on the computer you want to play 2142 on, then dump it all of the copied files in that folder.

Then try running the Setup again.

That'll get you past the Initial Install stage if it works out, However you won't be able to launch the actual game until you obtain a DVD Drive.

Don't try cracking your 2142 either, trust me. It blows things way out of proportion. No matter how desperate you get, Never. Ever. Crack your game. It's not worth it on a basis of many reasons I can't be assed posting.

Anyway.
        Try it =]

Comment

Working...
        X