An apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apology

A ranting reflection of what happened yesterday.

i normally play CQ, but yesterday the CQ servers (theres only 1 local CQ server for me) were full and i went titan.
    I'd been having a good time on the titan server, 4 of my buddies were around and we were owning, plus i'd finally set up VOIP and had a lot of fun horsing around in between kills.

after a certain round 1 disconnected, then messaged us if we wanted to play CQ since the CQ server had spaces. i didnt check the buddy message so i spawned the next round and realised 2 went over to join him, and 1 more left the game. oh well i'll just play this round and join them later.

i start the Highway Tampa round and get into the gunship after this guy so i'm the gunner, then proceed to do up my kits - what i normally do is to kit up one starting soldier before the round starts, then if need be i continue kitting up the rest in the gunship or transport while noone's attacking yet.
    So after i'm done, the pilot hasn't taken off. i thought maybe he's doing the same as me and i wait. Didnt occur to me to look around. Then suddenly we get hit from an AT missile, i look around and see noone so i jump out and find an engy near the engines reloading. he sees me get out and hops in.

I didn't like that so since i was support i started EMPing the gunship a few times, around 4 i think. then i stop and type "don't do that, its RUDE". the gunner gets out and swings the knife at me a few times. Only then did i realise the pilot and gunner were probably friends; one was Sonnet5 and the other Sonnet6. so i type "if you want to join your buddy pls ask nicely", since i didnt hear a single "get out!" from the pilot or anything. The guy's still swinging at me with the knife, so i say "go, go, go" and turn to head for the transport. Once i turn around and start moving, he TKs me.

Somethign just snapped at that point. I wasn't thinking straight, i was a little upset that my buddies left, that the server didnt have anyone i thought was good on it, and i felt obliged to finish a round i'd spawned in. Also, me and my buddies were having such a good time with proper teamwork and friendly banter in the past few rounds, and we'd keep topping the leaderboards, so the Sonnet duo's behaviour seemed really bad to me at that time, even though i've seen similar behaviour in other rounds. So i spawned and started going after them.

First i rammed a transport into them, podding out so the empty transport would hit them and their gunship would hit me and register as the pilot's TK. Once i spawned i waited for the transport and drove it across to the gunship spawn so i could block it. I got TKed of course, so i spawned, saw a gunship on the ground, went for it and TKed the Sonnet duo, killed an enemy gunship, then went back up to the titan to hover in front of the gunship spawn with the nose inside the hangar, intending to destroy the gunship when it spawned.

I get TKed, so i next take a transport to ram them again. i'd intended to pod out the last moment and register it as their TK but i did it too late and i ended up with the TKs. i get a punkbuster message for negative points, i check and i've got -10 which the Sonnet duo have -6 or -7.

it was probably lucky i got kicked, cos i wasn't sure how long i'd continue doing it. i know i crippled our team from the start by effectively locking down both gunships at cetain points. but like i said, i would have gladly given up my seat in the first place if the pilot had asked nicely. He didn't even have to type anything, just a simple 'Out, out, out!" followed by a "Thanks" would have sufficed. but i was quite sure noone said anything since there wasn't much radio chatter.

this morning i looked up their profiles and realised that they weren't very good players. One was Sergeant Major of the Army and the other Sergeant Gold or something. So i realised they were newbs who just liked the gunship, and on retrospect i'm quite sure the lack of communication was because they didnt know HOW to ask me to get out of the gunship in the first place. I thought the first TK from the guy who knifed me was to piss me off after i typed the message, but he probably didnt look at the radio messages. In fact he was probably trying to knife me once he got out of the gunship, except that he was too close, and once i started to move towards the transport the hitbox registered.

It's unlikely that they'll visit this place, but i'm just typing this to get it off my mind. has anyone else done something similar? pising off a newb cos you thought he was just being a tard?

also, how do you check who else is in the vehicle with you? when someone enters a vehicle the names of the occupants will pop up in the bottom left corner, but is there any way to check it otherwise?

Nice essay.... :laugh:

Comment

Don´t worry, maybe the next time they will be more carefull before they tk someone.

By the way, next time call your buddies to join you in the server, change teams and start to own the guys.

Comment

feh, I annoy noobs all the time. Especially the enemy ones. Occasionally I might stand over their wounded body and spam "Sorry" a few times with the camo rose, but thats it. What's done is done, no need to apologise for anything. Your teammates might wear the uniform that imply they are on the same team, but their actions show they are deliberately hostile towards you.

Comment

i normally have no regrets over rdxing some tard's corpse over and over and over again, but in this case methinks they justs didnt KNOW how to communicate, so i kinda wronged them.
          that said, i had fun annoying the hell out of this gunship whore today that refused to take turns and didnt want a gunner even though i didnt see him switch to the second seat at all (= was a lot more rational though.

Comment

That really annoys me, when the driver isn't waiting for a gunner or anything, he just drives off. Usually he destroys the enemy titans guns and then he crashes the gunship in a tree or something. Doesn't even help his team, just wants these cheap points.

Comment

Originally posted by dontsh000t
              also, how do you check who else is in the vehicle with you? when someone enters a vehicle the names of the occupants will pop up in the bottom left corner, but is there any way to check it otherwise?

you can check by clicking the F1 and the names will pop again on the left corner

Comment

pressing the F1 key?
                ah... i assume any of the positions work too? like F2 and F3-7 on transport...

Comment

I must say it says a lot for your character to come on here and tell that and then admit you might have been wrong. I kind of think it is still their fault from what you have said because they can't be that much of a newb to not know how to communicate. At least you were man enough to admit your own mistake.:salute:

Comment

Working...
                  X