No announcement yet.

How big MP maps are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno about you all, but 5v5 or 10v10 are way more interesting that 16v16 to me, big maps are fun though, just for the rush of finding your prey.

Comment

The multiplayer isnt quite as tactical as i thought it would be on 32 player, to really get that feel you need to drop it down to 16 or so. The maps really do seem designed around 16 players, like say for consoles. And they just gave us pcers the console maps no larger with a larger population. I still love the game but that point kinda erks me.

Comment

Yea I was thinking the same thing when I heard that the map sizes were going to be the same even for the 32 player maps. So it would kind of make since to play the maps with less people in them.

Comment

I completely agree with you guys... that was my first reaction last night... As a hardcore BF2-er, I'm used to gigantic maps with skirmishes throughout and a lot of tactical planning as opposed to one small clusterf*ck of a map where you just run around and pretty much shooting anything that moves.

Comment

After playing a bit more, the maps are very small after playing BF2/2142. I can see that smaller servers are warranted.

Comment

Yes, but it's always fun killing somebody with a nade/nadelauncher without an explosion - easier to do in a small map.

they even have a kill icon for it

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                After playing a bit more, the maps are very small after playing BF2/2142. I can see that smaller servers are warranted.
                Custom maps will solve that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                  Custom maps will solve that problem.
                  Hooray for custom content! :yay:

Comment

I'm honestly very excited to see what the community will come up with in the coming weeks and months. The textures in this game are beautiful...and applied to bigger maps with all sorts of different landscapes, should make for some incredible maps.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the WWII genre, but it was a bit restrictive. With this modern setting, the gloves are totally off.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                      I'm honestly very excited to see what the community will come up with in the coming weeks and months. The textures in this game are beautiful...and applied to bigger maps with all sorts of different landscapes, should make for some incredible maps.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the WWII genre, but it was a bit restrictive. With this modern setting, the gloves are totally off.
                      Huge map (Rhine Valley anyone?) + lots of tall grass = omgwtfbbq sniper map.

Comment

Personally play these maps with 32 people feels like the old CoD2 days with 64 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Reign
                          There are more ways to flank if the maps were bigger.
                          Maybe that's right, but it takes you much more time to.

Comment

Working...
                          X