Expanding Battlefield 2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding Battlefield 2142

Would anybody like to see Battlefield 2142 on some different engine? By that I mean all the vehicles, weapons, and everything else but with better graphics and maybe a singleplayer campaign. That would, in my opinion, be very cool, since I loved the storyline and everything, but not the graphics or anything.

Although, it would take a ton of money for any company to buy the rights to Battlefield 2142. I'd like to atleast see a Battlefield 2142-themed movie, there is already a mod for Hearts of Iron 2 somebody is making.

There are a few fanfictions in the War Tales section. I think there is opprotunity for some kind of expansion of the 2142 universe.

Yes, but there is prob the issue of redesignin it all and they CBF doing that lol.
    + if u want a whole new engin BFBC blow up everthing

Comment

The probability of DICE even going back to future settings with all the realism whor*s is pratically nil.

Battlefield will continue as a current-day sorta game, which is fast going the way of WW2 shooters.......

Comment

We all agree though that the engine BF2142 was on was bad, buggy, with outdated graphics.

Comment

Pretty much yeah.

Comment

What might be cool is an RTS type game in that universe. Something like Hearts of Iron 2, with the ability to build titans and stuff like that. I'd generally love it if there was some kind of expanded universe to 2142, like naval units, different titan classes (Assault, transport, etc.), and other stuff.

Also, a full history of the game, like how it is in Halo, with a chronology starting at the begining of the 22nd century.

Comment

The BF series needs a good singleplayer system. And to start bringing in the graphics along the lines of COD4 etc.

Which I would say will be great due to the unique ability to use vehicles in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                The BF series needs a good singleplayer system. And to start bringing in the graphics along the lines of COD4 etc.

Which I would say will be great due to the unique ability to use vehicles in the game.
                Definately, BF2142 would be great with singleplayer. It needs to go into better detail on that kind of thing.

Comment

yea i would really like to see a singleplayer put in the game it would own

Comment

I sent an email over to EA about the whole issue. If we all send emails and whatnot about how much we want Battlefield 2142 fixed, maybe they'll give in. Leaving 2142 at this is like a girl getting an abortion and the kid was some kind of second coming of Jesus or something.

Comment

Originally posted by [IS]FallenMorgan View Post
                      I sent an email over to EA about the whole issue. If we all send emails and whatnot about how much we want Battlefield 2142 fixed, maybe they'll give in. Leaving 2142 at this is like a girl getting an abortion and the kid was some kind of second coming of Jesus or something.
                      That is the one of the coolest analogies i have ever heard

Comment

Working...
                      X