Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 NEWB NEEDS HELP. BF2 crashes seconds after double clicking exe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 NEWB NEEDS HELP. BF2 crashes seconds after double clicking exe.

I am a DOD player who is evaluating what game I will move up to and am attemting to tryout BF2 to see if I should buy it so I can play online and make this my new game.

I installed from a DVD image file and applied Special Forces as well as the 1.41 patch. Everything seemed to install fine. I did not install the Nvidia drivers as I already have the latest drivers for my geforce 3. After a reboot, I double clicked the exe and after a brief BF2 splash screen appeared, it all just dissapeared and went back to the desktop.

Here are my PC specs.
    2ghz processor
    Geforce 3 64mb ddr ram (technically, its a Quadro 2 pro 64mb 256 bit card but it identifies as a geforce 3)
    1GB system ram

Is it the card that can't handle the game? I was hoping to get the game up and turn off all the eye candy and just see if it was playable at a low resolution but it seems the 64mb card can't even boot the game. Has anyone ever sucessfully ran BF2 with a 64mb ram video card and am I correct in assuming it is probably my card?????

P.S. I also have no physical dvd in the drive, but I did mount the install dvd via alcohol120, if that does anything. It never had a chance to even ask for the dvd. Thanks for all the help.

I set the exe to open in a window instead of full screen and got this error popup when it crashed on bootup.

"debug assertion failed!
    module renddx9
    query manager.ccp line 37
    Text: TL: HW does NOT support D3QUERYTYPE_OCCLUSION."

Anyway I can rig this to work so I can see the game before buying a new card?

Re: BF2 NEWB NEEDS HELP. BF2 crashes seconds after double clicking exe.

Even if you boot the game with that crappy card (sorry if i say so) you won't be able to run the game flawless. Even on low.

Get yourself a new gfx card dude, they aren't that expensive..

A gforce 7 will undoubtly do the job and costs about 100 bucks, maybe less...

Comment

Ok i have a similar problem, are you saying my ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP wont work?

Comment

Originally posted by Codeman
        Ok i have a similar problem, are you saying my ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP wont work?
        Laptop gfx cards are not officially supported, some can handle it though.
        But if you reed these forums, you'll know that many people having issue with ctd's..

Wonderworm's card has 64 MB...
        Just reed the back of the case from BF, i believe its standing right there..

128 MB gfx card required......

Comment

2 years back i played the game on the same computer. now i cant. is there any install i can get to force the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Codeman View Post
            2 years back i played the game on the same computer. now i cant. is there any install i can get to force the game?
            - All driver update (audio,video, chipset)
            - Make sure all options in catalist center are enabled.
            - Update DirectX (watch the date) mine is from june 2007

Comment

go here, make sure all your hardware is able to run the game, sounds like the gard isnt' good enough.
              http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest hit BF2 in the dropdown box, follow the test'n recommendations, if it says fail then pay attention to what it is & fix it.
              if it passe's then i'm guessing display resoultion could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X