lag (but not lag)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lag (but not lag)

hi everyone, this morning when i tried to play bf2 something screwed up.. basically when i start moving (in single or multi-p) i keep walking for a few seconds after i let go, or sometimes i just dont move, i cant fire jump or change stance when this happens, so i basically have very liitle control over what happens.....so far i have reinstalled bf2 completly, used 3 different keyboards and tried different servers, reset controls to defaults and different video settings. but nothing works.....this is not lag because of a slow connection, im on decent broadband and my ping stayed at either 15-20 for gamearena or 40 for internode(which is normal for me). also the controls work fine for my other games.

any help would be greatly appreciated

oh yeah here are my specs if you want to know:

nvidia 7600 GT (256mb)
    2gb DDR2 RAM
    Pentium D 3.4Ghz processor
    (i have been running the game fine for about a year, and i didnt make any changes to the game settings or system that i know of)
    thanks
    Tim
    (known as FL4nk3r on bf2)

does anyone know what i can do?

anyone?

Re: lag (but not lag)

Originally posted by redarmysurplus View Post
    hi everyone, this morning when i tried to play bf2 something screwed up.. basically when i start moving (in single or multi-p) i keep walking for a few seconds after i let go, or sometimes i just dont move, i cant fire jump or change stance when this happens, so i basically have very liitle control over what happens.....so far i have reinstalled bf2 completly, used 3 different keyboards and tried different servers, reset controls to defaults and different video settings. but nothing works.....this is not lag because of a slow connection, im on decent broadband and my ping stayed at either 15-20 for gamearena or 40 for internode(which is normal for me). also the controls work fine for my other games.

any help would be greatly appreciated

oh yeah here are my specs if you want to know:

nvidia 7600 GT (256mb)
    2gb DDR2 RAM
    Pentium D 3.4Ghz processor
    (i have been running the game fine for about a year, and i didnt make any changes to the game settings or system that i know of)
    thanks
    Tim
    (known as FL4nk3r on bf2)

does anyone know what i can do?

anyone?
    very odd for sure, you think mabye your cpu & gpu temps are good? i'd check both to be safe.

best luck:salute:

Comment

I get the same thing u do Red, but its strange thats happening on YOUR computer, because its 100x better than mine. I think it has something to do with your RAM or graphics card... but i could be completly wrong

Comment

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem as you. You're moving forward one second then it lags for a bit and then you can be facing the wrong direction all of a sudden, correct? Do you also have the "There is a problem with your connection" message popping up from time-to-time?

I have attempted a reformat, so it's not a virus. I have tried unplugging and not using a router, so it's not a firewall on my ISP's side or mine.

I'm wondering about hardware now.

What type of NIC (Network interface card) are you using? I'm either beginning to think it is the NIC or the 7600 GT.

P.S.: I also have a 7600 GT. I'm beginning to think it's the problem.

Comment

Is this single player or multi-player? Test on singleplayer.

If it happens on SP, you need to adjust BF2's process priority.

Comment

Working...
          X