games like bf2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• games like bf2?

do u know of any games as good or better then bf2 on the pc which is out now or comming out very soon?

thanks

Re: games like bf2?

Americas Army is a good one. Totally new AA 3.0 is coming in 2008 with new unreal 3 engine!

Comment

well that really depends on opinon. Bf2 is somewhat old now but the graphics on high are not that bad. Crysis is supposed to have good graphics Its kind of sci-fiction but ill check out the demo. Enemy Teritory:Quake Wars was supposed to be good but I didnt like the feel of the game even though alot of people will get it.

Call of duty 4 is going to be modern combat and that will deffinatly be the next FPS I buy unless I get a good enough rig for crysis. World in conflict looks good its an RTS alot of people like this Company of Heros game its a WW2 RTS that is out now.

Alot of the games that have total sites are good. 2142 was more of a mod for BF2 which is why it fell out of Xfires top 10 while BF2 is still there.

Comment

well you got what i call small scale FPS

CSS, 1.6, DOD, BHD (some people still play it)

then theres the larger scale FPS

BF2, ArmA, JO (old but still pretty good, not to pretty though), BF1942, BFV

those are the main ones that are of either modern (within certain contraints) and some WW2.

Comment

U gotzor BF2142, ur COD4 comin'ot, an dat FrontLine: Fuel of War comin'ot. Yo gonnawanna sticta COD, CS, BF, fo yo series and maeb FrontLine if dat ani good.

That was fun :laugh: :yay:

Cheers

Comment

ArmA is the closet thing to BF2 that i can think of. but hteres nothing wrong with older games. im gettin addicted to Starcraft again

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
            Crysis is supposed to have good graphics
            is that doubt i hear? OF COURSE it will have good graphics.

and u can try out mods for diff games. half life 2 has a mod called insurgency mod . its got a lot of potential but its just too hard for me to play since it takes one shot to kill and its pretty unbalanaced, but i think soon theyll have vehicles and stuff

Comment

warrock aswell, you can download for free (or at least used to be able to) and i've seen it in shops (UK, though i'd expect it elsewhere aswell)

dunno how it plays or anything but it seems decent

Comment

How many of you guys play America's Army? I've been tempted to download it but I've been too busy playing BF2. Is it very similar/better/worse?

@olliestockton:
                If you didn't know, America's Army is a free downloadable game so you don't have to worry if it doesn't work on your machine because you don't have to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
                  How many of you guys play America's Army? I've been tempted to download it but I've been too busy playing BF2. Is it very similar/better/worse?
                  Graphics wise and sound wise its much worse. Its alot beter realisim wise but its a pain once you die because you dont come back untill the round ends which when you start playing can take 5 minutes. Idd just wait untill the new version comes out and it has better graphics. If you do play it try and find some people who you can squad with.

but Its good for a free game

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99 View Post
                    warrock aswell, you can download for free (or at least used to be able to) and i've seen it in shops (UK, though i'd expect it elsewhere aswell)

dunno how it plays or anything but it seems decent
                    WarRock is good for a free game, im pretty sure it still remains free with upgrade membership if u choose to.
                    Its basicly a generic battlefield, but for free its good none the less.

Comment

Counter-Suck is such a joke.

Comment

Mods, mods, mods.

Comment

Originally posted by H*S_Shellshock View Post
                          Counter-Suck is such a joke.
                          Why exactly?

But yeah, I would say Joint Operations, Soldner, 2142, pretty much any larger type shooter with vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
                            Why exactly?

But yeah, I would say Joint Operations, Soldner, 2142, pretty much any larger type shooter with vehicles.
                            Counter Strike is what hes referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
                              Counter Strike is what hes referring to.
                              Uh, no ****?

Comment

Working...
                              X