Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why can't i run cs 1.6 in full screen???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't i run cs 1.6 in full screen???

when i go to run it in 1024x768 its not a full screen... other games run in full screen when on 1024x768... anyone know why i can't with cs 1.6???

and no it is not in "window mode"

What monitor are you using?

Comment

it is a Dell 19' monitor

and i know it is not the monitor, because on my old computer i was able to play CS 1.5 on it with the same monitor and was able to run it on 1024 and it was a full screen

Comment

dell monitors suck its the monitor trust me NEW MONITOR TIME

EDIT

sorry all things dell suck

Comment

did you not read my above post... "and i know it is not the monitor, because on my old computer i was able to play CS 1.5 on it with the same monitor and was able to run it on 1024 and it was a full screen"

and also i am able to run other games right now that are newer then CS 1.6... like HL-2 and CS-S at 1024 in full screen... so it is not the monitor

Comment

What is your game setting and what vid card are you using?
            For example, I have an 800x600 text screen, but I play at 1024x768.
            There are times when the screen does not readily resize and I have to press the esc-key to make them work.

Comment

my game setting i guess you mean is OpenGL... and my video card is a geforce 6600GT

my desktop is set to 1024 and everything looks perfect

i have tried messing around with everything i can think of... refresh rates... colour settings...

i am able to run the game in Software mode at 1024 at 16-bit colours and the screen is full... but the game looks like trash

Comment

Open nview check for resolution settings. It should be application controlled. I, once, had a similar propblem like that on my old tnt card. I uninstalled all the nvidia drivers, nvidia software, and ran dxbuster. The problem disappeared after I reinstalled the drivers and software. BTW: I am using the 56.55 UDA & dx8.1 and I don't intend to use 66.94 and dx9.0c just yet.

Comment

i open nview check and i didn't see anything for resolution settings that can be changed to application controlled...

Comment

From nview, go to the display settings and look for the resolution settings.

Comment

hmm well there is nothing there that i can put on "application controlled"

it doesn't make sense that i can run other games at 1024 in full screen, but not CS 1.6...

Comment

so what driver, software, and dx versions are you running?

Comment

latest drivers which are - 6693

what do you mean by software?

latest dx version, which is 9c i believe

Comment

There's an option somewhere in cs that reads something like "run in a window". Uncheck that option and it should run fullscreen.

Comment

Re: why can't i run cs 1.6 in full screen???

type in target -fullscreen instead of -window that happens to me after i mess up changing the it to -window then even i deleted it, it always start at window mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X