Re: Medic revive 'script' in action?

Chocolate Milk.

Do you want it?

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

Originally posted by ent|ty View Post
    How come in the last few days I'm seeing more and more medics simply running over bodies and reviving them while almost in a full run still?

Even if the revive animation (to crouch, my preference) isn''t playing, the timing still seems to be fast.

Today I was playing on a IO Karkand server (yeah.. garbage) and 2 medics from the CAZ? clan were reviving people 'on the fly'. Literally running over them without skipping a beat, and continuing on to shoot someone. Strange stuff.

I understand that this may not be a 'script' in the traditional sense, but some advanced key-binding function, but it still looks weird.

On a related note, I seem to be getting 1-shot owned by dive proners again (in the sense I am dead before I can even react). I haven't had this problem for several months, now suddenly it seems it's happening again. Maybe it's lag, maybe it isn't.
    It's acctualy very very easy to do, I do it all the time, but if I'm running Fraps or something it takes a bit longer so I prone then switch to gun.

Bassically, take the defib out, and a bit before the body, hit the "fire" botton then press sprint and as you sprint you revive the guy, then switch to gun.

Leave a comment:

• davelisowski
    Guest replied

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag.

Probably not a macro.

Leave a comment:

• TotalBF2er
    Guest replied

Originally posted by roflrofl123 View Post
    You suck... What's so spectacular about reviving while moving? Every decent medic does it.
    You lose. Read the original post. The medic was running.

R U N N I N G

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
    Holy **** I can't believe EVERYONE until page 2 thought it to be a macro.. The game has been out for 2 1/2 years.
    I've played BF2 since release and NEVER saw a medic do what I just saw. He looked like he ran over the target and revived him without pausing, or looking down, or anything. It could have been just lag that didn't play the slight animation or something, but it was only this one clan tag's members that were doing this action. No other medic looked out of wack doing their normal 'look down'-revive action. This strange behaviour is why I posted in the first place.

LOL..

Ok.. to do a running revive, you are running, holding shift..

That's pretty fast switching, even for an experienced medic player under fire, for 3 revives in a row.

I don't know how many he did. At least 2 in a row that I saw.

Just because someone is doing something that you have never seen or done before, don't just automatically assume that person is not doing it in a legitimate way.. They may have more experience than you, or just know something that you don't. When you see these types of things, instead of b*tching and saying they're cheating in some way shape or form, examine what they're doing and figure out how to do it, and use that to your advantage... FFS
    Fair enough, but do you have to be an ******* about it? Noone's bitching, noone's complaining, noone is crying. It's just a post about something odd seen in the game. Are you turning into an elitist BF2 player? Oops. too late.

Leave a comment:

• XmetallicaXguitarstX
    replied

LOL..

Ok.. to do a running revive, you are running, holding shift..

So you see a dead enemy... As you come up on him (still sprinting), you're looking down on a 45* angle and you are just about over him, you let go of shift, left click, and then hold shift again.

Through this whole process as you get close, you are aiming at the dead guy from about 3m to the time you're over him, and the time to press the actual button is when you are looking at the body with about a 45* angle (you are right next to him but not on top of him).

Also remember it is possible to do 3 instant shocks in a row.

The key is, if you have a mouse like mine (MX518 [any mouse with 2 thumb buttons]), I have my "back" button set for my main gun (weapon 3) and my "forward" button set for weapon 6 (shock paddles).

What you do, is have your shock paddles out, then press click/3/6/click/3/6/click/3/6/click... etc. You can get I think 3 solid instant shocks in a row before you run out of stamina with the shocks. The animation lags behind what is really happening.

So in other words all I am doing is clicking and then hitting back/forward by sliding my thumb forward.. making it easy to do fast.

Always remember don't aim with the damn paddles themselves, use the reticule in the center, and remember you have like a 1 1/2m or so range.

---------------------------------------------------------

Just because someone is doing something that you have never seen or done before, don't just automatically assume that person is not doing it in a legitimate way.. They may have more experience than you, or just know something that you don't. When you see these types of things, instead of b*tching and saying they're cheating in some way shape or form, examine what they're doing and figure out how to do it, and use that to your advantage... FFS

Leave a comment:

• roflrofl123
    Guest replied

You suck... What's so spectacular about reviving while moving? Every decent medic does it.

Leave a comment:

• predragjanjic
    replied

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
    Like I said.. I always revive like that, Aim at the dead body while walking and click. :|:

Mwhaha, Like the mod too ?
    I actually never played it

Im not really into mods :cry:

Leave a comment:

• ramsie1
    Guest replied

Running revives no, walking revives yes. you cant shock while in run mode.

Leave a comment:

• Jlspence
    replied

Running revives are certainly more difficult than crouching. The effective radius of the shock paddles is about 1 meter so timing is key. My "accuracy" for running revives is about 50% versus 80% or better for a crouch. Running rezs are called for when the wounded are out in the open.

On the comment about being shot when a weapon's animation is pointing elsewhere...nothing new there either. The animation built into BF2 that goes along with the standing to prone/strafing motion makes it look like the gun is pointing elsewhere when it's centered on your body filling you full of lead.

Leave a comment:

• MooseHouse
    Guest replied

The M249 can kill in Close Combat while standing, don't know 'bout others though.

Leave a comment:

• TotalBF2er
    Guest replied

Well I'll try that. Though I remember this guy was kinda 'running' over people doing that and not looking down, I'll try it.

If it's true, it's just another unrealistic (as in "unable to suspend belief") thing about BF2 that makes it more stupid by the day.

Similar to supply guys running around with their heavy machine guns still getting kills while standing and shooting with it. Ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• MooseHouse
    Guest replied

Like I said.. I always revive like that, Aim at the dead body while walking and click. :|:

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag
    ur sig always gets my eye coz of my country's flag in it
    Mwhaha, Like the mod too ?

Leave a comment:

• Daestavi
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Monkmonkman View Post
    Wow, u guys are dumb.

the defibs have a large range, AND you can "quickswich" shock paddles to get them instantly recharged (and don't say its an exploit, it takes a lot of skill to hit "5,6" after every revive on the fly) so thats how they do it... can't believe you guys call macro's on everything...
    Funny thing is, some people still need a macro to do this. Instead of spending all of the effort they wasted on writing and testing one they could just spend it practicing. Its honestly pretty damn easy to do.

Im just pointing out that it honestly doesnt matter whether someone does or doesnt use a macro. No point in caring about it one way or another.

Leave a comment:

• thed0pemain
    Guest replied

^^^ preach on...i couldnt believe it either..i was reading posts going when are these *******es gonna realize ANYONE can do it ..its not a macro..and to the people who thought it was a hack?? go kill yourself

Leave a comment:

• XmetallicaXguitarstX
    replied

Holy **** I can't believe EVERYONE until page 2 thought it to be a macro.. The game has been out for 2 1/2 years.

It's called running revives, and it has nothing to do with a glitch, or macro, or whatever the hell you were blaming it on.

FFS.

"insta-prone" has ALWAYS been possible, 1.0-1.41. It's the other way around that they nerfed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X