• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camper.
    replied
    Re: Excellent SpecOps Strategy

Oh, that's just a client side feature.

It's not a bug.

Bugfield 2 has no bugs. Uh, Featurefield 2.

Damn, I mean Babyfield 2...

Argh, I give up.

Leave a comment:

• LightBred
    Guest replied

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
    That's because an engineer got into a vehicle near it. Even one repair tick restores it, albeit with flames.
    i think hes talking about when the building re-appears like with the uav at least thats what i was referring to.

I see this happen alot of karkand at the mec uav, after blowing it the building will reappear. its not functional i dont believe because you do not receive any points for destroying it again until someone repairs it but the building will come right back after blowing it sometimes without anyone being around and no crate.. very odd

Leave a comment:

• camper.
    replied

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post
    I've seen assets repair themselves...

I think that is what papavictorlima is talking about.

One second they were burnt out shells of nothing, the next they were magically operational, yet smoking. Sometimes with flames, yet still operational.
    That's because an engineer got into a vehicle near it. Even one repair tick restores it, albeit with flames.

Leave a comment:

• LightBred
    Guest replied

karkand servers the uav is notorious of this.

Leave a comment:

• ackack
    Guest replied

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post

One second they were burnt out shells of nothing, the next they were magically operational, yet smoking. Sometimes with flames, yet still operational.
    The insurgent UAV on Warlord does that quite a lot, thought it was me going mad.

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

Me and friends like to go chinese on wake and keep commander assets down the whole round, meaning we will hold arty island...

Leave a comment:

• AncientSerpent3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• XmetallicaXguitarstX
    replied

Yeah that's possible with the jets... but who flies as engy?

Most likely the commander went over and repaired it and you didn't see him.

Leave a comment:

• papavictorlima
    Guest replied

I was playing Spec Ops yesterday, and took UAV and Scan out.
    I thought, let's wait for a crate and do it again...
    But the damn things got repaired without a crate or engineer to it.
    Would it be possible that an overflying jet (about 3 passes) could do the trick if there was an engineer pilot on board?
    Or was the other team glitching ?
    (was Armored Fury Midnight-map)

Leave a comment:

• the-masterlord
    replied

another kind of stratagy i use on karkand is to place one c4 on the opening to the hotel when im the mec and then wait in the corner for people to come through then blow there heads off.the problem is though one round u could get bout 20 pts from doing it but another u could only get bout 7pts

Leave a comment:

• AlphaCueUp
    Guest replied

ya dude.....i do that too.....

i create a squad called 'Spec Ops' and i take the transport heli waaaaaay up high bout 500m, and i bail out about 350-400m away from the assets and freefall all that distance...then at the last second, i deploy my chute.....i plant allmy c4s....., then ask my commander for a supply drop a little out of the way.....when i get refilled, i blow my first five, and place whatever more i need to finish the assets off, and blow them, so it all happens pretty much at once....then i re-arm...

i always try to stay still, under cover of trees or whatever....the only time i come out of concealment is to plant C4....If the commander issues a supply crate to repair his assets, i re-arm offa that, place my c4 on the asset, and one on the box, and blow it all.......if he dispatches an engineer, i wait untill the assets is operational, kill the engineer, and blow the asset again....i spent entire rounds doing just this....quite a bit.....its great fun, and like u said, doesnt offer the most points....but its still teh funs

Leave a comment:

• ConscriptVirus
    replied

oo now i remember why i use to love spec ops so much!

Leave a comment:

• Raidyr
    Guest replied

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
    ..ya..

Well, I guess my point is though, this will only apply to pubbing with random people/commanders.

If you happen to be playing against a team with like 8+ people from 1 clan on the other team this will be pointless.
    What are you trying to say?

Leave a comment:

• LightBred
    Guest replied

best spec ops strategy is to c4 friendly planes and choppers incase someone takes your jet/chopper

Leave a comment:

• XmetallicaXguitarstX
    replied

..ya..

Well, I guess my point is though, this will only apply to pubbing with random people/commanders.

If you happen to be playing against a team with like 8+ people from 1 clan on the other team this will be pointless.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X