How do i fix these artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do i fix these artifacts?????

its not like i tripled the clocks and burned out my vid card! when i did i was cautious, increased a little at a time, and i constantly monitored the temp.

Comment

Does nobody else here think 63-67 is too hot. I think thats your problem dude, without a shadow of a doubt. Its a passively cooled 7300, its too hot for it. I think you should spend a fiver on a vga fan, even a budget one will drop that by at least 10-15 degrees and a decnt one will half it.

Comment

do u guys definitely think its too hot? i really dont wanna spend another 100+ on a vid card if i dont have to.

Comment

no way my 7900 gets into the 80's sometimes!!!! 67 is fine for a load temp..

Comment

uhm dude, that looks pretty bad...

delete your shader cache and reinstall your drivers again. did you have the problem before you started messing wit your card? i know on my bros 1650pro that if you overclock it, it starts artifacting like crazy. some mid range cards are bios locked so that you cant overclock them. restore your default clocks and get a 80mm fan blowing on that puppy, gotta have good airflow on those passive cooled cards.

thats looks like a rendering problem. maybe reinstall and repatch bf2...

Comment

ok:
              1. i had problems the 1st time i played bf2 and b4 i even knew i could clock my card
              2. i have restored the default clocks and nothing worked
              3. idk about the fan, where i could put it.
              4. i have tried reinstalling and repatching...dint work. i might try again.
              4. is there a way to reverse a fan? right now i have 2 case fans...one pushes air in and one sucks air out. is there a way to reverse the latter?

Comment

U need to check your PSU a crap non branded PSU can cause these problems & also damage your other components.

Comment

to the OP. when i first got BF2 no end of **** would transform from the backgrounds when playing. i'd get roads that were just black, buildings not appearing at all (the same sort of thing you've got). it was like i was falling through a black hole
                  it then turned out to be a dodgy graphics card update which was unstable. so i reverted back to the stock version and it was fine. obviously since then more patches (right word for it?) for the driver have been released and its fine now. i suggest you try this.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
                    to the OP. when i first got BF2 no end of **** would transform from the backgrounds when playing. i'd get roads that were just black, buildings not appearing at all (the same sort of thing you've got). it was like i was falling through a black hole
                    it then turned out to be a dodgy graphics card update which was unstable. so i reverted back to the stock version and it was fine. obviously since then more patches (right word for it?) for the driver have been released and its fine now. i suggest you try this.
                    If you read the posts you will have found out he has tried diff driver versions.

Comment

i mean i could try really old ones...ones that are might be on my cd and then go from there...

Comment

anyone else got an input?

Comment

Originally posted by cookmeup272 View Post
                          anyone else got an input?

4. Power supply issues
                          My personal favorite rant. People spend thousands on great parts for their computer, and then by a $30 power supply to power it all up. Cheap power supplies will crash your system, and these types of glitches are extremely hard to diagnose. They make your other parts act unstable, and it LOOKS like it is those other parts that are faulty. Or even worse, the cheap power supply actually does damage to other parts.

Source

Here
                          is an excellent tool to check if you have an adequote amount of power for all thwe components.

Comment

Re: How do i fix these artifacts?

ok according to the link u gave me...it said i should have a 333 watt psu. i have a 450. so even if u add 50-75 watts due to wrong info, i still have sufficient power.

Comment

Originally posted by cookmeup272 View Post
                              ok according to the link u gave me...it said i should have a 333 watt psu. i have a 450. so even if u add 50-75 watts due to wrong info, i still have sufficient power.
                              The info could be wrong, it is not calculating what you currently have in your machine, but more of a prediction of the components you selected.

I would for your sake buy a decent 350w or 400w psu with a brand on it.

I cannot believe no one else on this forum is agreeing with me. I have been playing with PC's since 1998 that is nine years, i know what i am talking about.

Comment

but idk cause why wouldnt it screw up my other intensive games? it just doesnt seem right. any more suggestions and i will probably end up buying a nice 500w in a month or two. because i wanna get a 2gig stick of ddr2 anyways

so what would be a good brand for a psu

so whats a good name brand psu?

Comment

Working...
                                X