Not the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the only one?

Please.. please... please.... tell me im not the only one with weird *** performance issues. My system goes over the recommended requirements for this game (im pretty damn sure).

geforce 7800 GS OC 256MB x8 AGP <=== is this whats slowing me down?
    Intel P.4 3.2 ghz 32bit processor <=== is it really that bad? (want 64bit proc.)
    x-fi fatal1ty sound card <=== uhhh
    2, yes TWO GIGS OF RAM.

I defrag almost EVERYTIME before I play, check for ad-ware, optimizations here and there.

So awhile back I made one of these threads asking the very nice people of the BF2 community what settings I should be running at, and im one of those guys that likes above 40 - 50 FPS... mostly at all times.
    I ran FEAR at all high settings pretty much, Call of Duty 2 pretty much all high, shadows on bluh bluh bluh good engine on those games yeah?

I was wondering, no matter where my settings may be, to the lowest, or to the highest, will there still be that ****ting fps drop everywhere? Or do i really need to go out and spend about 2000 dollars for nothing..? or is anybody out there playing this game with the SLIGHTEST little twitch in their gameplay? if so post here tell me what your doing or what your hardware is lol..

should i be able to run all med? all high? does it even make a diff from low to high with FPS, because even on low it acts as if its on high

INPUT

Re: Not the only one?

yeah u should be able to run at all high except cpu mite be holding u back a tiny bit. wat drivers are u running and wat optimizations did u do

Comment

yeah, you really shouldn't be having a problem.

Comment

just better than my comp and i run all high, try deleting the BF2 folder in "my documents" and then reset everything back on high and see how it goes

Comment

Only the CPU is going to hold you back but not by very much whatsoever.

What is your framerate? Have you tried different AA modes?

Comment

i disagree camper my old system with an AMD 64 3400+,1.5 gigs of ram, and my 7900 GS i played maxed out at a 1400x1050 res and my FPS never went below 50 and most of the time they were in the high 70's low 90's....

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
              i disagree camper my old system with an AMD 64 3400+,1.5 gigs of ram, and my 7900 GS i played maxed out at a 1400x1050 res and my FPS never went below 50 and most of the time they were in the high 70's low 90's....
              sigh.. you cant compare your old machine to his,

SPOS i assume has a Socket 478 Processor (v.old) which compared to your AMD 64 probably Socket 939 is alot newer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto

SPOS i assume has a Socket 478 Processor (v.old) which compared to your AMD 64 probably Socket 939 is alot newer.
                oh i thought his intel was better lol...

and oh yeah have you ever thought it is his sound card?? I have heard a lot of problems with those cards with BF2 and 2142...

Comment

Yeah ive turned my sound down from ultra high down to High because in some maps I can hear heli's reving up all the way accross the map lol, and I didn't find that to be realistic... then again what is in games these days but anyways..
                  my average framerate.. well I don't really have one. But when I get home im going to run a full Windows XP optimization, clean out all the bad, get rid of a lot of stuff.

and yeah my processor is a 32bit, not 64, which means my 3.2 compared to your 3.2 64bit proc will be about, id guess 2x faster.. or more thats just an estimate.

I just don't really know, because im not upgrading for awhile, but i did just get a new job please more input if anybody is having this exact problem..
                  Thanka

and im not saying im suffering a low FPS, I just can't take the ups and downs because i like to have the same edge with those on the other team shooting at me, I know if im getting about 20 fps during a good gunfight and have a guy run around the corner with a computer much more faster than I gets me, usually the smoother will win, unless he just sucks

im not talking about skill because ive been playing that project reality mod and i realize that the mod isn't about skills like the original bf2, more teamwork and whatnot but what i realized is that if your not with your squad your dead..(get unlucky)
                  as im ranting what i mean is that id like to have that same edge, and even running low settings feels like its still on high... i just dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto

theres nothing wrong with 478

Comment

Originally posted by Munk_Madness
                      theres nothing wrong with 478
                      where did i say their was anything wrong with it apart from it being much older..

Comment

Working...
                      X