What's the mentality on some servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the mentality on some servers?

What's the mentality that keeps players coming back to a server, where the hosting clan, in this case dA! Digital Anarchy server, constantly teamstacks and rapes the opposing team?

Every time I return to this server, forgetting how stupidly teamstacked it always is, it's always the same.

Rounds end 250-0, 10 rounds in a row. It consists of dA members in choppers and planes raping the **** out of everyone else.

Those that would oppose them give up and join their team to further add to the air rape.

So what's the mentality in players that keeps them coming back, and filling the server to capacity? This server doesn't deserve it! I leave pretty much right away, why does everyone else stay? Suckers for punishment?

A good game in BF2, whether you win or lose, ends with a 15-0 type score. When it's 200+-0, something's wrong.

So tell me, why are you playing on servers like this? What's in it for you but a constant -25 death score from jets and choppers?

Re: What's the mentality on some servers?

The mere illusion of "I can do it, I can turn the tides! Just give me a chance!".

Comment

i think ive been on that server a while ago... there was no admin or auto admin on so i managed to get -300 lol

Comment

I usually go to those servers and rape all those little nubbies that think there good because of there rank :P

Comment

If they're getting slaughtered every round I can't tell you what their motivation would be.

But even if it's a lopsided loss, for me it's a challenge to try and fight a clan in their "house".

I've seen 3 different clan/team squads, give a nearly entirely "at home" clan a run for their money, and I was on the "at home" team.

Even if you have 3 decent squads of any players (not clanned) and a good commander it shouldn't be a shut out, even against a team of nearly all the same clan.

It might not be pretty, and it might be futile, but it is a challenge.

I look at it like a point spread, If a ragtag bunch of players with only a few squads working well together can take a clan on and not lose by over a 100 tickets, it's practically a win. My motivation is win when I play, but with that I have to understand that losing is going to part of it. Just picking and choosing servers to play in that "get" me wins, isn't winning. There's no thrill of victory with out the possibility of the agony of defeat.

Fighting desperately and scrapping for every spawn and kill, can really sharpen your skills and awareness.

If it's 250-0 every round then it's pointless, it doesn't do anything for the joiners and it really doesn't make the hosting clan any better.

The clan I'm playing with now likes to stack because we like to play together. But we don't dominate every round, and not by 200+ tickets (only rarely). We're lucky to have a server that is frequented quite often by other clans (8-12 clan members in 2 squads quite often and sometimes more), and good individual players .

There are some guys who come in there and give us fits. They've usually got an ACE up their sleeve. They like it because we don't make them split up. So everyone gets to play with who the like.

One night we did have less team orientated players joining, and we were dominating. I was the odd man out and couldn't get on my clan's side. After a few rounds of fairly bad beatings and some people leaving the server I suggest we split up some of our best guys, and we did.

It seems the word host has lost all its meaning on servers for some people. Usually a "host" tries to provide the best experience for their guest even if it means them sacrificing they're comfort level.

Comment

A lot of times, it's just random pubbers who keep the server filled. A few will leave the melee, but others join having no clue what is happening.

Comment

It's doing that sometime on a server where me and my clanmates are playing.
              It's always me and my 4 clanmates and 10 other peoples against like 10 clan members and 5 random people, and most of the time we're able to win

But we cannot play their anymore, one admin was tired of getting beat by us so he said we we're hacking and ban us

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                The mere illusion of "I can do it, I can turn the tides! Just give me a chance!".
                its because of the noobs in the beginning, that little us island with arty on it, one sniper takes a boat and drives away empty, while everyone else is waiting for a boat to spawn

or people tking just for a flipping plane

Comment

i think the most prevailing attitude on bf2 is i deserve cause i can do it better than you...

Comment

yeah on airmaps constant raping is very annoying but i normally deal with it more if i have friends from clan or some general friend playing as i like to kill them, but if there isnt i leave straight away also it isnt hard to swap teams at the end of the round then its MY time to rape there arse off,
                    but its nice to have a challenge like taking a j10 out with a f35

Comment

simply the fact that i would rather take the punishment and wait for the next round then stare at a loading screen for the next 10 mins...and anyway, without blowing my own horn, however badly the teams are stacked i'll usually do OK, atleast levelling my KD if its a total masscre..

Comment

I remember getting kicked for repeatedly destroying them: apparently, they're quite averse to competition, hence the constant 'ganging up'.

It's easier to feel good when you're stacking the teams and raping people knowing that if something doesn't go your way, you can use your admin rights.

Comment

"handicaped players only"

Comment

They're not handicaped... they're HANDY-CAPABLE! /Carlin

Comment

They easily keep their servers populated, because they have so many clan-members willing to keep their server populated at any given time.

People will join their server, merely because it has the constant numbers to lure in a crowd.

Playing on a clearly lopsided server like dA, is merely BF2 Darwinism at it's best.

Comment

Working...
                              X