• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoDiddy
    Guest replied
    Re: reducing fall damage?

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
    The fall damage is one of the most ridiculous things about this game. You fall off a small ledge about three feet high, lose two bars of health and then get shot by a sniper and you're dead. Drives me crazy.
    god forbid its 4 foot then youll be dead.

Leave a comment:

• VC_Resurrected
    Guest replied

The fall damage is one of the most ridiculous things about this game. You fall off a small ledge about three feet high, lose two bars of health and then get shot by a sniper and you're dead. Drives me crazy.

Leave a comment:

• YoDiddy
    Guest replied

yep, i forget which site i heard about this on, i didn't believe the backwards thing until i tried it myself...... suprising to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• 5cent
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
    walk backwards off of the building or whatever it is, i know it sounds crazy but walking backwards off of whatever helps reduce ALOT of falling famage, I can jump backwards down the mountain in karkand and take little to no damage at all. I'm speaking of the one behind the front entrance to your right commin from us spawn, the little ledge area people use to sneak back to the mec base.

also proning and sliding down helps alot too.
    thats true...and that was gonna be my example too lol

Leave a comment:

• imported_Dingdong
    replied

Originally posted by {USI}_DirTyDeeDs
    using a parachute helps :evil:
    LMAo nice one if i new i would help lol you definantly have a good idea there though

Leave a comment:

• FFOLKES
    Guest replied

Originally posted by kbeefy
    Any way around that, or just use the 'chute?
    Sorry it has been a while since I messed with the materials. You don't lose health if you just jump from the ground and land on the ground. However, as you noticed, as soon as you hit an object (e.g. building) you lose health.

Looks like using your parachute when landing on an object is the best approach.

how can I put their names (and maybe my mother-in-laws) on some of the bots? I'll search, I'm sure it's in here somewhere....
    Edit one of the names in the BotNames.ai ifound in the AI folder of the Unlocks mod.

Has to be first intial.name

For example: aiSettings.addBotName F. FFOLKES

Leave a comment:

• YoDiddy
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Doggie52
    I think he wants to know how to do it inside the mod... Ah well, I don't know.
    oh well with the amount of medication i had taken when i made the reply i couldnt really read the post too well, woops :|:

Leave a comment:

• kbeefy
    Guest replied

Originally posted by FFOLKES
    You have to edit the materials in your mod in order to reduce the fall damage.

Here is a link to my post but the BFSP site is currently down.

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...=4512&st=15&hl

Hey FFolkes -

Was hoping you'd chime in... I've allready fixed the material modification your refering too, so now they can run faster without taking much damage, but if I bump the jumps up to 2.0 it messes me up. Any way around that, or just use the 'chute?

I slowed the run speed back down, I can barely hit any of the bots!
    We play 3-on-15 co-op, makes you feel like rambo

PS: oh yeah, my kids get a kick out of killing your bot in the unlocks mod, how can I put their names (and maybe my mother-in-laws) on some of the bots? I'll search, I'm sure it's in here somewhere....

Leave a comment:

• DOGGiE52
    replied

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
    I think he wants to know how to do it inside the mod... Ah well, I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• FFOLKES
    Guest replied

You have to edit the materials in your mod in order to reduce the fall damage.

Here is a link to my post but the BFSP site is currently down.

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...=4512&st=15&hl

Leave a comment:

• YoDiddy
    Guest replied

walk backwards off of the building or whatever it is, i know it sounds crazy but walking backwards off of whatever helps reduce ALOT of falling famage, I can jump backwards down the mountain in karkand and take little to no damage at all. I'm speaking of the one behind the front entrance to your right commin from us spawn, the little ledge area people use to sneak back to the mec base.

Leave a comment:

• kbeefy
    Guest replied

maybe, but the mod section is so small and slow! Everyone posts over here, near as I can tell. Theres only one new post over there today.

Leave a comment:

• USI_Krusher
    replied

Originally posted by {USI}_DirTyDeeDs
    That's it, I'm putting you on ignore!

I've recently discovered 'tweaking/modding/hacking' or whatever you'd like to call it, and the kids and I are building a mod for our basement games (thanks to FFolkes and the BF64sp guys for inspiring me!).

I've souped up the running and jumping, but was wondering if there was a way to reduce the damage recieved from falling?

Thanks for any tips or advice!
    Maybe this should be in the modding section?

Leave a comment:

• {USI}_DirTyDeeDs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kbeefy
    Guest started a topic reducing fall damage?

reducing fall damage?

I've recently discovered 'tweaking/modding/hacking' or whatever you'd like to call it, and the kids and I are building a mod for our basement games (thanks to FFolkes and the BF64sp guys for inspiring me!).

I've souped up the running and jumping, but was wondering if there was a way to reduce the damage recieved from falling?

Thanks for any tips or advice!
Working...
X