Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claymore spamming: this needs to be adressed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymore spamming: this needs to be adressed..

The problem with claymore spammers on maps like karkand are reaching problems of gargantuon porportions. So many players now just run into the hot spots on karkand for example, throw down their 2 claymores and die. The claymores always kill an enemy so thats 2 kills for every one death, this makes gameplay especially hard on IO maps because you cant get past the claymores with tanks or jeeps or anything. Heres a very simple and easy solution: Make it so when you die your claymores dissapear, it wouldnt fix the problem completely but it would greatly reduce the problems people would have because karkand is so crazy with nade spam anyways people die so quickly and grenades and so forth.

If your one of these noobs who do this over and over shame on you, I consider you the scum of battlefield 2 along with every hacker and exploiter. This isn't the way EA intended for claymores to be used, they were meant as something to cover your back when sniping, not to spam at the flag, not to spam in suicidal missions.

-.-

Re: Claymore spamming: this needs to be adressed..

Solution: Don't play Karkand.

For the life of me, I can't comprehend why this map is so popular.

It is LITERALLY the same battle every single round you play. No variations whatsoever in tactics.

Comment

oh do shut up whinging.

karkand is a **** map, go play another....

Comment

What is whinging? Do you mean whining? I am not trying to ding you on spelling, just (seriously) curious if this is a new word being tossed around like noob, nob, haxor, etcetera because I have seen it in more than one post.

As for the OPs thoughts on Claymores:

Claymores are intended to be used in the game period. Players have decided how to use them. If they were not intended to be used around hotspots and flags I am sure that the latest ROE revision would have called that out. Your complaint is no different than what most Spec-Ops use their C4 for... Jihaad Jeep and protecting the flags.

Some people have similar complaints about mines. Why do they stick around after the engineer is dead? Only EA can answer that. The mines completely block the road making armor's progress towards a flag impossible, much like claymores do.

I am sure that like me, you have been killed by claymores more times than you care to admit. Here is my question to you:

If you know that clays are always in the "hotspots" (like the alley to the hotel in Karkand), why do you continue to go into said hotspots? If you didn't go into there would claymores be as much of an issue for you? I know of several people that avoid the hotspots and go for other flags instead and work back to the Hotel from there, so why not you? Are you unable to adapt your strategy? Are you unable to work towards another flag if the Hotel flag is not captured?

If your strategy continues getting you killed, adjust your strategy. The game will be much more enjoyable for you once you can do that.

As for me, I use claymores to the fullest advantage to my strategy. For me the object of the game is to reduce the other teams tickets while preserving my teams tickets by dying as few times as possible and holding as many flags as possible. When I play a sniper, I do that by protecting my flags and myself by using everything in my kit, including my grenades, my rifle, my pistol, my knife (on occasion) and even my claymores. Two tickets taken from the oppossing team's ticket count is two tickets closer to victory for my team, regardless of how they are taken.

This is part of the game and will remain part of the game.

Comment

whinge / whinging
          whine / whining

HTH

Comment

Eh, Claymores don't bother me much. Even when they are used to defend a flag. It's a good tactic to deploy them around the flag. I do think they should be destructable though.

Comment

i have that problem on jalalabad more than karkand. but i know what you mean.

Comment

yea this isn't jus a problem on karland. It's a problem on all maps. For instance I get in a close combat situation with a middle school sniper and he knows he's dead. So he chunks the claymores and since he can chunk them a healthy distance I die alot of times. We all know you can't just throw a claymore on the ground and have it work. I use to love the sniper kit until I seen some of the poor tactics used.

Comment

Just make claymores destroyable with explosives again. Problem solved. Go home.

Comment

By the way Reborn, what servers do you play on? I need to know, because I think my accuracy with claymores has dimished quite a bit lately. Probably because most gamers on the servers I play on have adapted and now avoid the "claymore hotspots" and I could a new server or two that has players that haven't adapted quite yet. I could educate them on the value adaptation... you know provide a community service while bettering my unimportant stats.

Comment

I have a problem with them i keep running into them but that is not a game problem it's mine. I know i have this problem and am trying to over come it. Please for give me for my problem I will work harder at avoding the claymores.

Thanks you and have a nice day.

Comment

Let them spam, so that whem people go to there accounts, half there kills are from claymores. That's called noobizm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Stizake
                          You think dice would take the time for that....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Stizake
                            i dont even kno why they took out claymores that could be destoryed with explosives...
                            also...the problem has been addressed alittle bit when snipers were laying down 5-6 claymores everywhere, but now theyre only allowed up to 2

and also, i think claymores can be "removed" by using the wrench, but i havent been able to do this yet

Comment

Whenever I am unfortunate enough to ge stuck in an I/O map I Claymore spam with the best of them. The whole concept of I/O is grenades and claymores. If you want to take out the problem get rid of the crap that is "Infantry only".

Comment

Working...
                              X